-
Posts
3 454 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by LittleWillie
-
Thanks, this is encouraging.
-
Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes
LittleWillie replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
I just went to compare against the EN Wiki to see the exact changes ... but now the EN Wiki has the new data too. Still it looks like all the ROF changes sum up to keeping m0 at 1.8 and improving to a m4 best of 1.5. Previously the m4 was 1.4 sec. The magnitude of the Crit hit is so small one wonders why the change was made at all. So the ROF change it the important one for smoky. AT m4 the reduction is roughly a 6.7% reduction in Smoky's sustained DPS. That's a pretty significant bite. And it makes the Assult Ammo alteration that less useful. I suspect that is why this change was made. I know ppl hate the +impact from the alteration. So now Smoky users are suffering a major DPS nerf because of the "optional" alteration. -
165,000 exp in 3 months ... works out to 19 or 20 months at current rate. But in practical terms: Never. Everything I hear about the end-game is bad. Non-stop drugging which reduces the game to "who can press 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 the most time per minute"... And here I thought this game was supposed to be about fire & maneuver ... you know: tanks. Tank gives me no reason at all to WANT to rank up.
-
Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes
LittleWillie replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
I just dropped out of (yet another) uncompetitive one-sided game where 4 Hammers ran around with DD. Thanks to the new alterations, they can waste my Smoky.Viking in 2 shots at ranges where Smoky is supposed to do well. So thanks for nurfing Smoky's rate of fire. Great priorities. With this Alteration system we have Thunder with fasters ROF and lower damage ... Smoky with slower ROF but more damage ... The two weapons may as well be called Thunkey. Now Hammer with narrower cone and longer range plus a 5 shot clip, and it too is now a medium range gun weapon. ... let;s call all three Thamky. And of course Rail has afaster ROF now and Shaft is being given it's arcade "pistol" ... Looks to me like Tanki is trying "balance" the various turrets by making them pretty dame alike to one another. Signed ... An At-The-Moment miffed Thamky user. -
Patch Update #436 - Clan system and other changes
LittleWillie replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
mORE FIDDLING WITH TURRETS AND NOT A SINGLE WORD ON lAG OR BEING DROPPED FROM GAMES ALL THE TIME. (I hate the caps loclk key) To beat Rico I had to A) not miss a single shot of mine and B] make Riso miss at least 2 shots. Not I have to make Rico miss 4 shoys maybe 5 still while not missing any of mine. Thanks Tanki. With Smoky being nerfed again and my account gaining in rank to the fetid, druggerfets called the end-game ... this might be the end of Tanki for me. Oh well no game lasts forever. ADDRESS THA LAG TANKI, That's ruining your game, that and youd simplistic drug system. -
Rico can be a major PITA unless you can dodge 1 or 2 plasma balls. If you do it's Advantage Smoky.
-
Well, when it comes to marketing I agree with you Tanki has policies that annoy player-customers. Selling kits for kash and the rotation of kits in the garage is one. But they do have some good fundraising policies too. Selling paints does not give any player an advantage for example. Overall though I've seen much worse. As a new player I've played months w/o having to face bad problems. In most games the griefers would make newbie life essentially impossible without ma$$ive a$$i$tance. That is good news from TX. I tried that game out saw the exact same (rotten, game-degrading) supplies system and concluded there was no point to TX for me. Why play a [cough] "new" game when that "new" game 100% recreat the very worst, the without challenge worst, feature from TO? This news gives me hope that maybe there's a sliver of hope the game's owners will actualy address the issue of Supplies in Tanki, which so very many Tanki players despise.
-
My time w striker is limited but I found the turret a lot of fun. It does take more user skill to aim than other turrets. But i was able to jit moving wasps with single launches, which is gives ya a satisfying feeling. One tactic I used was to shoot walls. Not just a wall when an enemy ducked behind it but walls in general. It is called "recon by firepower" in the military. In Tanki it means you shoot a back wall of an alley and up from behind the forward wall come drifting damage numbers... there's an enemy behind that wall completely unseen but now detected. So you continue to rin in missiles and kill w/the splash damage while he cannot shoot back. In short...my opinion is this turret is still too new for any sort of major re-work. Players have to learn to use it to its full capabilities still. But Tanki is collecting data and certainly there will be some adjustment coming. It is all but impossible to design a new turret perfectly at release.
-
Is that true about Tani-X? They are eliminating supplies? To be replaced with? ? ?
-
Without revenue there is no Tanki. This game is very good about supporting non-buyers ... you fo not have to spend a dime on this game to have top-notch gear and all the supplies you need. Most of the other online games give much more massive advantages to people who pay over people who do not. If the game is so rotten, quit playing it.
-
I just tested the turret out but I had fun aiming the single shots and was pretty good at it. I remember rocking my hull to hit targets on the roof so it can be done. Now would this hold up over 1,000,000 exp points worth of play? I don't know but I am sure the company will adjust it as it gets more use. Right now players are still learning how to use it best. It's far too premature to say it needs X or Y.
-
I am pretty sure that to put your hull back on its tracks you want recoil increased not impact force.
-
I am glad to hear that but what would be even more encouraging would be to see lag/connectivity mentioned in the VLOGs.
-
Rock the hull.
-
The existing system is fine. just learn to aim solo missiles. Its fun when you do.
-
Hells yes PhatDawg! What an epic response!
-
Yes, the turret's width is optical a factor in aiming. That parallax angle is biggest at short range. Narrowing the turret would help aiming, but I am wondering if the devs it that way. I was reasonably good at the single missile aiming but I didn't play it a whole lot. Over the long haul some players will figure it out and be quite deadly with it. And as a new turret I am sure it will get tweaked often.
-
I don't know where else to post this. Ever since the Holidays my lag issues with Tanki have gotten an order of magnitude worse. There is no sign of it getting better. I have had times when I had to try logging on 10 times in order to get an actual connection. Each time it failed I'd have to open Task manager and "End Tank" on the Tanki client since it just locked up everything on full screen. Tedious. I have stopped using the client and now am back to using the browser. In which the game locjed up, F5 did nothing, and when I finally was able to log back in I was dropped from my game ... so long several hundred Crystals. But these two FUBARS do not happen every single time I try to play at least. What DOES happen every single time is this. I join a game. I will have a FPS under 20 for about a bit then a FPS rate the varies from 10 to 60 but mostly stays around 30 tp 40. This means the slightest touch of a control will veer your turret or hull wildly from side to side. This bad lag period will happen every time I join a game even if I leave a map and return to the same exact map with the same players on it. The bad lag period return even if Tanki locks up and I have to F5 my way back to the game. The bad lag periods used to last about a minute. Then I'd be clear and could play. But since the holidays the bad lag last 3,4, sometime 5 minutes. Which means for a third of almost every 15 minute game I am pissed off as hell at this game. Tani has done a lot of good work lately on rebalancing, new turret, return of old maps, events and etc. All the stuff has to be pout aside to fix this lag issue. Because nothing elese matters when you cannot log in get dropped every other game or every third game, and wate whatever playtime you do get fighting lag not foes. I never hear devs talk about this. That's quite telling. I spent some money on Tanki this holiday to reward them for the above mentioned good work. I wil not spend another dime until I see the lag addressed. I may well quit the game entirely.,\\ Your move Tanki.
-
One nice thing...I am seeing fewer futile cries of "no kill!!!" during box drops. Maybe people are realizing that no matter what ppl type there will always be someone who keeps killing ... so I do too. And this is as it should be. Why should the game stop just because a box falls?
-
Well.... I guess my only concern is this: So long as the devs do not cut damage/healing in order to boost self-heal on the UNALTERED Isida I am fine. As for the alteration.... I wish there were something more useful (for me) but again I understand the politics. So there will be a +self-heal ateration always, I am sure. If they want to add more DPS I'll live with it. I do not think more DPS is needed on m0, m1, m2 though.
-
Gotta learn how to aim w/o the laser and to do that you gotta remember which side of the Striker will fire next and account for the parallax error. Then account for your movement and lead the enemy to account for him movement. If you can do that and the turret is pretty effective. The 4-missile salvo is gravy the single launch is your meat and potatoes.
-
Let's try to understand the purpose for this self-heal function. Why is it in the game at all? Let's pretend there's no Isida hull. We're Tanki devs and we want to add a turret the does a healing function. What features should it have? Range Category (S/M/L): Tanki went with short range. Other ranges are possible but - as we shall see - range is not really a factor in needing a self-heal function. Damage: Tanki is a simple game - kill the other tanks; especially DM - so every turret must have a decent damage output. Healing: We know we want the turret to heal. Healing is applicable only in team games. Where are we so far? Well we know the turret can kill an enemy. And we know it can repair a friend. But what about itself? It is not really a complete concept unless the turret can repair itself - somehow. What should that somehow be? It must be a simple method that works with Tanki's controls: Z, X, Space, Up, Down, Left, Right. Self-Heal 1) On way would be to heal yourself anytime you press Space without either an enemy or a friend in the firing arc. But then an Isida the survived combat could always get back to 100% in some safe spot w/o risk. Hmm, Self-Heal 2) The Isda could heal itself a bit when it was shooting at a friend.Well, this has the same problem as concept 1. The Isida could self-heal in no-risk situations. But it's better than concept 1. Self-Heal 3) Just like concept 2 but self-heal occurs when beaming enemies. Obviously this is the one Tanki chose. IMO they did so because in order to heal itself, the Isida must risk close combat. The point here is that HEALING TEAMMATES is the defining characteristic of the Isida. The self-heal function is not. It is just a logical extension of the fundamental healing function. Tanki has months or years of performance data with Isida + high self-healing. That experience tells them to be very conservative in raising this parameter. Verbal arguments about what abilities Isida "should / is supposed" to have are less convincing than months of data. These data told Tamnki to boost Isida's damage output by about 4%. Perhaps the data will again justify another boost. That directly addresses what is said to be Isida's weakness The question is, does the data say so too?. If I am wrong and Tami returns >20% self-healing w/o reducing other parameter I am in position to benefit from it. I own an Isida and like playing it even though it is so, so very weak. I am sure I will be able to manage if it is made ridiculously OP again. So on that more I am just going to drop this topic. The future is bright for this Isida driver.
-
Thanks Frozen Heart. for the news on Tanki-X. This gives some hope.TO might get a more satisfying supplies system. Somday. But first.... address the massive lag!
-
category Ideas for Supplies and Drones!
LittleWillie replied to Ilia.ArchangeI in Ideas and Suggestions
Here's am idea for a supply everyone would love. Press "7" and NO MORE LAG!! Fix the lag Tanki. At this point that should be priority #1.- 2,789 replies
-
- 4
-
-
- supplies
- drop boxes
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
There's more imbalance at the lower ranks than later on. Each weapon gets its ranks where they shine. And buyers also can buy a greater advantage for the same reason. But those ranks go by quickly.
Jump to content


































































