Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. The expensive drones are what makes the biggest difference, as well as the alterations they're using. A guy with a 10/20 Trooper Drone isn't going to destroy a guy behind a building with a 20/20 Saboteur Drone.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    So every one of those players put money into the game?
  3. TheCongoSpider

    The Long Road to Tanki (a Poem)

    That's why you have this: You have to press the question mark at the top right. I would assume that a question mark should indicate to a young one that it means "more information".
  4. TheCongoSpider

    The UFOs are coming!

    Scratch that, I caught about 13 golds in the event. Turns out I was able to time when to accelerate somewhere during the 3rd day. At least every hull had a chance. I have the usernames of 3 speed hackers and their turret and hull combination.
  5. Does this include protection modules? When I make statistics for turret and alteration ideas, I think about how effective it would be against the other turrets in its range category. Then I think about how effective protection modules will be against it in all tiers.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Episode 215 of the V-LOG is live!

    I'm expecting a Balance Change this coming Thursday.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Makes me wonder how those Viking Smokies dominate on the front lines.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    $1 * 5= $5.00 $5.00 - $4.99 = $0.01 saved.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Also Incendiary Mix Disagree. You kill very slowly with it. Stock Freezes and Corrosive Mix Freezes usually get better scores because damage matters more in MM battles. The Shock Freezes usually give up score for their teams winning, or they can use Wasp and get most of their kills from bombs. It's more supportive while the other Freezes are offensive and offensive plays get you more score and more stars. I will admit that it's broken in no-supply battles but that's situational. Wasn't good when the core was 10 score for fully healing an ally. I usualy got low scores either becaus emy team was dominating so they didn't need me too often or they were so spaced out that I had to stick to one person and when they died quickly, I had little to no means of self-defense. Dragon's Breath isn't that great anymore after to the nerf. I agree with Duplet and Adaptive Reload. Agreed, although the first 2 are more universal than Heavy Plasmagun. Agreed with Minus-Field but not Destabilised and Plasma Torch. Plasma Torch is a downgrade in my opinion. Destabilised Plasma is more situational and its upside doesn't get much attention in most maps. Agreed, although Autocannon proves to be worse than Stock Smoky on a few occasions. I agree on uranium but not RRE. One thing is that you can't repeatedly tap the sapcebar when reloading to get that last rocket in before you die because you'd self-destruct. And timing the detonations is really harder than it looks. I'd much rather use Uranium. I don't get good scores with RRE, I'd need a really great drone that's upgraded. Agreed. Except Reinforced Aiming Transmission and Shell Stabilisation (in higher tiers). After the nerf, it's now more on par with Stock magnum. I wouldn't call it an upgrade anymore. And Mortar needs to replace that. There is barely a downside to it now. It needs a decrease in both minimum and maximum damage, not just the latter. Short-band Emitters is an upgrade when your Shaft is fully upgraded and you're going up against light hulls of a lower modification. It's really better to use Stock Shaft on light hulls but better to use SBM Shaft on medium hulls. The higher you go, the less noticeable to reload increase is. The surprise factor of Rapid-Fire Mode Shaft is what really makes it powerful. I'd much rather snipe than solely use arcade shots. The 30% sniping damage nerf was needed.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    The fuel tank of a Compact Tanks Firebird is 3.3 seconds, which is enough to take down a medium hull if it stays within its maximum damage range. Heavy hulls would die about 2 or 3 seconds after. If it is enough to kill a medium hull in 3 seconds, then it would be enough to kill a light hull equipped with DA in 5 seconds. Yeah, I'm beginning to think that RGC is too powerful. I can see how it technically changes your playstyle since you have to be in the sight of the enemy to hit them as well as mastering the new decreased projectile gravitation but it seems as if it is ding too well. Perhaps the change to it was a buff after all, even if I can't hit above small slopes with Hornet anymore. The maximum temperature is capped at 10 ticks of afterburn. What it does is allows the Firebirds that are under M4 to act like an M4 Firebird in terms of afterburn. M2 Firebird has a burning time (maximum temperature) of 6 seconds. When it equips Compact Tanks, its maximum temperature becomes 10 and not 12 because maximum temperature is capped at 100% and not 120%. So it basically turns into an M4 Firebird because it allows it to heat the target for them to suffer 10 ticks of afterburn damage as opposed to the 6. It is 50%, although it seems as if they had either deleted the post or moved it to another thread. It has been like this for a while. It states 10% on the Wiki and even on the Russian Wiki as well but it is 50%. Couple that with 10 seconds of ammo and a reload that reloads almost 2 seconds of fire every 1 second, it is OP and an upgrade. I've been compiling some screenshots of Incendiary Mix Firebirds topping the scoreboard. M4 gets 1,050 DPS. It is better than Corrosive Mix Freeze and Isida. I'm seeing it more often and it's really ticking me off that the Wiki editors didn't receive word from the devs to change the number. I usually focus on MM balance since that's the main part of the game now. In MM, Support Nanobots is not an upgrade. You totally rely on your team being injured and protecting you. If the enemy has protection against Isida, you can expel your entire ammo bar on them and they wouldn't die, they may probably still have 50% of their HP left. Support Nanobots in no-supply battles is kind of like Shock Freeze in no-supply battle.s It's really handy there but not too beneficial for the user in many MM battles. Magnum on a whole seems too powerful now. And if you master RGC and vertical Magnums, you can get some pretty high scores. I'm also seeing RGC Magnums more often now, still less than Mortar (for obvious reasons) but more prevalent. It sucks when a Magnum shot hits you dead centre on your hull and a mine still appears below you. And they're usually on Vikings so barrages of Mortar shots are common. I need Broadband Emitters because of my...mediocre ping. If I use Stock Isida or Support Nanobots, I miss out on possible 2 seconds' worth of damage because the ticks didn't go through. When I use Broadband Emitters, I would only miss out on maybe 2 ticks, or 3 when they're in range. Isidas with very low ping wouldn't need it.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    The UFOs are coming!

    Something I encountered earlier today: In a Massacre TDM battle, A Wasp Hammer has spawned. I shot the guy with a Gauss arcade shot, he stopped, immediately did two backflips on the spot, then proceeded to move again. That was more funny than concerning.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    The UFOs are coming!

    No golds had dropped in that battle btw. Here is the end result: Every observable Mammoth in the previous pictures, based on the statistics, did better than him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    The largest gap I think I've ever created on this account: I had to do all the defending. I remember seeing them have like 4 Hornets. They had 2 Hunters, 4 Hornets and a Wasp. I can't remember what the 8th person had, probably a Hornet as well. 2 (confirmed) or 3 (skeptical) of those Hornets were using Electromagnetic Accelerator Scout so I had to rely on arcade shots to kill them. Since most of them were light hulls, the kills came swiftly.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    The UFOs are coming!

    Mammoth Party! Every Mammoth in that battle except TITANRASUL unspokenly teamed.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    In those ~ 15 battles, I went up against a few with maximum Smoky protection. I was basically tickling them. It's weird that it cripples against multiple enemies with protection but does fairly alright when the enemy is unprotected. I don't really fear HPAS Smokies, only Incendiary and Cryo Smokies. It seems as if I'm better off as a supportive mid-fielder than an offensive Smoky.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Was considering it during the sale but I decided to keep the crystals to micro-upgrade my Isida.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Buyer's remorse is finally setting in. Had some really insufferable DM battles with Smoky. I think I'll only use it in team modes. And I would guess that my Smoky would need to be upgraded to M4 to be able to perform much, much better.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    So I've played ~ 15 battles with M2 and M3 Smoky and I don't know what to say. Part of me feels like it's balanced but a bigger part feels like it's a bit underpowered. I don't dominate with it but I usually get around the middle or 3rd place, 2nd place if my team did well. I bought Supercumulative Rounds to see how it plays and I like it. I get a critical maybe every 6 shots on average. It really does catch them off-guard, especially if I hit them once and then remove ~78% of their HP 1.49 seconds after. Incendiary Rounds may be nice...but it's just not fun to play with to be honest. I may get more kills using Incendiary Smoky but I'd have more fun playing with Supercumulative Smoky. I have much more fun playing RGC Magnum but playing with Smoky is fun as well.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Vulcan!

    Now this is interesting. You listed 3 of the cheapest M2 turrets in the game. This means that their statistics aren't as powerful as more expensive turrets at that rank. All 3 would require being upgraded in order for you to feel comfortable with it. If you know how to use Vulcan and get around its slow turret rotation speed, I'd suggest buying that and putting it only on your Mammoth. If you buy Freeze, you can put it on your Wasp and your Viking. If you buy Gauss, you can put it on your Viking or your Mammoth. In terms of protection modules, you would see more Freeze protection modules than Gauss or Vulcan. So with all this knowledge, make your pick.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    125x Double Damages 10,000x Crystals x 3 50 Batteries 150 Batteries
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Turrets!

    I try to get it as close as possible. I was thinking something like Captain Squawk's Flem Thrower. @1:21
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    I stay for the stars.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Very Lucky moments we've had!

    I had a precious moment yesterday in a Magistral TDM where, driving on the bridge, I was a Dictator and in front of me were 3 Wasps that were bumping into each other while crossing the bridge. That felt like a wholesome experience of me being an impromptu father figure to those Wasps. On a less civilised interpretation, it also looked like I was walking my 3 dogs that kept bumping into each other.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Match Making Maps Entire-View pictures needed

    No thank you. parkour isn't my thing and I was never really interested in it. However, I did enjoy doing this: Driving my tank from a fixed view. Yeah, I did.
×
×
  • Create New...