-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I am already anticipating that many Driver drones will be purchased after the release of the Hull-specific Overdrives. Personally, I'm not gonna invest 50k into a driver drone just to follow the population. They better make some hulls' Overdrives charge faster than others. Viking and Mammoth's Overdrive should charge the slowest and MAYBE Wasp's Overdrive should charge the fastest. (Just because it can be easily avoidable assuming that the blast radius isn't huge) Hunter, Titan and Dictator can be in the middle with Hornet being slightly longer.
-
In a Noise CTF battle, there was a Freeze + Hunter on our team. The blue team had 2 firebirds and we were constantly heated. What does the freeze do? Looks at us then drives past us leaving us to die. I told him/her that when we are burning he/she is to shoot us. This was their reply: Never have I ever seen a Legend say that.
-
Ahhh the classic tale of the Underdog Marshal dominating the Legends.
-
I've seen it in action in MM battles and also where the enemy team has protection against Thunder. The thing is a beast. The DPM is really good at mid-range; that is what I meant by the pro outweighing the con. It's stupidly annoying to get constantly hit by when you're out in the open. For me, it makes me feel vulnerable. :(
-
zero discussions during battles - no tactics sharing
TheCongoSpider replied to BigBigBalls in Archive
CTF or CP? You said CTF at the beginning but the description sounds like CP. -
Sledgehammer rounds deserve more recognition. That thing needs a nerf in impact force or maybe a new parameter that puts a range for the impact force. The pro outweighs the con in my experience with it on the test server and my experience being on the receiving end of it on the real servers. M4 Thunders dishing out a shot every 1.61 seconds is already scary enough, we have to deal with constant impact force as well.
-
Well, it IS low rank so I guess Hunter it would be, but probably not now. You confirmed my suspicion that it was almost as slow as Uranium. I am usually accurate with my single shots. That, to me, is the most rewarding aspect of playing Striker, hitting all of your single shots no matter the distance. Thank you for your help.
-
Ok, I'm not sure if you noticed but for a while now, after you activate your Overdrive, you would realise that getting kills, assists, capturing a point, capturing a flag etc would not contribute to the Overdrive % bar. Usually when it hits 11% is when I am able to fill it by doing those actions. If it was like the way you stated then you would be seeing players who use 5+ Overdrives in one Assault battle on the red team because they would be capping so many flags. Having it the way you thought it was would be very unbalanced.
-
Very true. I remember this Osa CTF MM battle I was in and a Magnum was constantly lobbing shots close to our flag. I remember one of the shots hitting me directly and even with 36% protection against magnum for me and 25% less maximum damage for him, it still took a suspiciously good chunk of my HP as a Titan! (I didn't have double armour activated). I agree it is an improved version; I still wouldn't buy it though. I would rather have to face many mortar alteration users in a battle than 2 Compact Tanks users. I honestly hate when they touch me, it always a delayed death, 100% mortality rate for me unless I use a repair kit but even that sometimes doesn't work. These Compact Tanks users are ruining Polygon CPs for me. There is always at least one on the enemy team and what always happens? They ALWAYS come first. They need to decrease the direct damage or something to make it balanced. 2.5 seconds of direct damage is already a lot in my opinion.
-
Hey has anyone tried out the Hunter alteration for Striker as yet? (The 20k crystals alteration) I wanna buy it on my lower rank account but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Spent weeks saving up for Cyclone only for it to be a disappointment, spent another 2 weeks saving up for the 20k Fire alteration but I was met with disappointment once again. I wanna know If that is a good alteration for Striker. I would have bought it first but when I went to the alterations section on the Wiki, it stated that the maximum projectile speed would be decreased to 50%. If I remember correctly, I saw or heard somewhere that the maximum projectile speed for stock Striker is 300 m/s so half of that would be almost the same as the Uranium alteration's speed. That is what made me not buy it immediately. So if anyone tried it out, let me know if it's worth it. :)
-
I usually get to kill an enemy right before he/she escapes my range. Titan seems to go at a nice average speed which is good for a heavy hull. I use Titan in every battle I go to basically. I sometimes attack using Magnum with my teammates on the front lines. The only problem with the speed is that on semi-large maps, my supplies can get drained pretty quickly. What else can I do though, I'm definitely not going back to Viking M2 (It's the best option I have besides Hornet M3) and Hornet M3 dies too quickly. I don't usually attack with Isida + Titan. I'm one of those Isidas that prioritize healing my teammates over attacking individually.
-
30 seconds? WTH?!?!
-
Ok, I may be very misinformed or I am correct. Just yesterday, I was using the Engineer drone and I used more than 20 batteries in one battle because of the number of supply boxes I picked up. I'm almost certain that it deducts a battery for every trigger of the drone. if it was only 1 per minute no matter what happens, then I'm pretty sure everyone would have a drone at this point. If it was like that then Assault drone users would be plaguing Dm battles. Having it like that would ruin balance just a bit.
-
zero discussions during battles - no tactics sharing
TheCongoSpider replied to BigBigBalls in Archive
The only tactics I see are people who are holding the ball pressing the F key whilst facing the direction of a teammate. And even that I don't see often. I don't see tactics in any other game mode. -
One of the most Interesting MM battles I've ever had: No one died. <-- Perfectly balanced, as all this should be.
-
It actually is, well to my experience, smokies keep knocking around my Viking like I'm a damn ping-pong ball. It is a really good all-round hull and it is good that its light weight is a drawback to its versatility.
-
I don't know if I've missed something in the Patch notes or something, but Smoky's impact force has suddenly become drastically strong in the low ranks. The majority of Smokies I encounter in the low ranks are m2 but the ones that I know are M1, they are still battering around my Viking (Understandable) and my Hunter (Not Understandable). I'm trying to lock onto a Smoky + Titan (who is completely still) with my Striker ( I'm completely still as well) and he hits me with one shot on the front end of the tank and makes my Viking do a full 50-degree spin. Even after I turned my tank WHILST turning my turret back to him, it was so strong that my laser couldn't have mad it back to him before the reticle disappeared. It has reached to the point where whenever I encounter a smoky while using Viking Striker, it makes no sense trying to even put up a fight. it also makes no sense trying to run away either because he/she would just make me crash into the wall everytime I catch my balance from the last knocking. The impact force wasn't this strong in the low ranks even with M1 Smoky upgraded 10/10. What is happening? Edit: I forgot to mention that all of the Smokies I am complaining about were not using the "Assault Rounds" alteration.
-
Good on you for saying that part about people bothering shafts for overdrives while they are in scoped mode. I've witnessed this a few times and, being a former shaft main myself, wanted to flip them or drive them into a wall and never let them go because I knew if I stayed a shaft main, then that shaft would have been me sometime in the future. People don't seem to realise that Shaft requires precise aiming and the slightest nudge at the wrong time could make you spill all your damage to the wall or obstacle next to your target. Everyone is screaming "Nerf Shaft!" yet most of them haven't even used Shaft long enough to see the negatives of being one.
-
Just read the thread over and got some context. Your point would only work assuming that he just sits in the battle and do nothing or his kills get stolen all game. This is unlikely as he would have at least gotten a kill and therefore used a battery. So if he just doesn't get any kills for the first 7 minutes and then gets a kill or if he just does nothing all battle then the number of batteries used would be 8. If he continuously gets kills then the batteries used would be more than 8.
-
Isida + Titan. :D
-
Even though I immediately want to go to a Vulcan + Titan/Mammoth, I need to assess my team. Seeing as I'm an Isida and Titan, my role is a defensive or mid-defensive healer. If my team is getting blown out, then I may latch onto another ally who can make full use of his/her turret to drive the enemies out as fast as possible. The problem I see with this is that the Vulcan can be pretty vulnerable from the start. When I continuously heal someone to send the enemy back to their base, they'd usually want me to stick around with them and them only. This is a bad thing for Incendiary Band users. If, however, the Vulcan was able to withstand it's own and drive out the enemies by itself then I'll continue healing him/her. Also, I try to think about the morale of each ally. Vulcans with the incendiary band are suicidal. They know that fire protection doesn't help you very much even when having a high % of it. They need to finish the 11 seconds of ammo they have then they start to feel the rush of confidence, but then that confidence falters when their health starts to deteriorate faster than you can find enemies. As the sole Isida of the team, Vulcans with the alteration takes high priority. Lot's of people don't seem to notice that. I'd quicker respect any freeze who helps cooldown the Vulcan than an Isida healing it. Why, because they don't get EXP for it. They are doing a civic duty by helping them. Also, for the people who own the alteration, can you test these situations out for me, please?: If you haven't overheated yet but a Firebird starts heating up your tank, does your alteration kick in? If you are overheating while shooting and an allied freeze is constantly shooting you, does it nullify the heating applicant of the bullets? If an enemy freeze is shooting you while you are overheating and shooting as well, does it nullify the heating applicant of the bullets?
-
The least amount of batteries*, not the most.
-
Because I prefer heavy hulls rather than medium or light hulls. Frankly, I think Titan is better than Mammoth in many aspects so I upgraded Titan. I have M3 hornet but I only use that for parkour. Titan feels perfect for me (A little slow but the health makes up for it). I don't like to use Viking, ( I don't know why, I just don't) I haven't used Dictator since I was at 1st Lieutenant. The rest are M1 or M0. Is Isida + Titan not a good combo in general? Surely you wouldn't want a Wasp + Isida healing you while you infiltrate the enemy base. They are fragile and can be easily killed while I can withstand more hits. I don't use Isida + Titan offensively anyway. I prefer to heal the defenders and mid-fielders.
-
Assuming you are getting a kill immediately as the drone is available to use, then yes. If you are not getting any kills then it would eat one once every minute. If you usually get first in DM with 0 deaths then expect to use about 30 batteries per battle. I don't like to use drones that eat batteries when I kill players, I play a more supportive role after all. I recommend this if you have many batteries to use comfortably.
-
I'm a bit confused. Yes, it shows the protections we are using but I think it's supposed to be up to the person to remember what the percentages are. I don't know about you but in terms of this situation, I guess I have it easy. I only own 4 protection modules and I know the percentages for all of them so this feature comes off as promoting mental laziness towards remembering numbers. You can also see what percentage protections the enemy and your allies have. If I am confusing what you are saying with something else...then tell me. I cannot directly understand what you are trying to say.
Jump to content










































































