Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

u812ic

Tanker
  • Posts

    2 426
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by u812ic

  1. Easiest to steal from is Vulcan. It takes a long time to wear through armor. Meanwhile, someone comes along and finishes him off with one shot from Thunder, Smoky, Mag, anything. Ticks me off in TDM. DM I use Firebird for the same reason. I've come to the conclusion that all Vulcan is good for is to make Swiss cheese out of the enemy so the rest of the team can have easy kills. If faced with 2 or more enemy tanks, I make sure all of them gets a taste of my lead. As for stealing kills, where I sit, everyone. But overall, I think Thunder first, Railgun second and Smoky third. With the other turrets....well, it just depends on who gets there first. Mag isn't looking to steal kills, but rather to make clean kills. If it steals a kill, it isn't a planned steal.
  2. u812ic

    The game cant be this bad...

    For those who say Tanki is dying, I can't say that is entirely true. It has gone into hibernation. The Devs are looking for new players, not the acceptance of the old ones. We will keep complaining, but the new players will come aboard, learn the new game and wonder what the heck we are talking about. New players won't care about the old Tanki, they will only be concerned with the new Tanki. If they didn't like what they see, then they won't create an account. Tanki will come out of hibernation smelling like a rose, not dead meat. It will have mostly new players and be glad most of the older ones are gone. They won't have to deal with the complaints of the older players, but will bask in the compliments of the new players for being such a great game. I said Tanki was in hibernation, but that isn't exactly correct, either. It's more like morphing. Like a caterpillar changing into a butterfly in the crystalis.
  3. Before the MMS, I was in a few battles where the teams spoke French.
  4. CP Pro Noval. My Vulcan was working okay, but our Asida was healing intermittently. I saw the "ball" at the end of the turret, but no stream. I noticed others on both teams having a problem, too. Strange, not everyone was having this problem.
  5. Using the MMS, I was playing (or tried to play) CP on Brest, when I got the "An error has occurred" pop up. I was frozen. I reloaded the tab, but the loading bar didn't go all the way. I logged out of the game site and logged back in. I hit CP again and was taken to CP in Highland, but my tank didn't materialize. I looked at the player line up and my name was there. I reloaded the tab, same thing. CP on Highland, but no tank. I wasn't even a ghost, but my name was there. My caches have already been dumped. Everything, including drivers, browser are all up to date. Temp files I don't need are dumped. EDIT: I just went back to the game. I hit CP in the MMS. After about 30 seconds of waiting, the loading bar started, but, again, didn't go all the way. I tried TDM....same thing. So, I guess I'm done with Tanki for tonight.
  6. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    Sorry, my mistake. I have Vulcan M2.2. I have to rank up one more time to get Viking M2.
  7. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    One of my concerns with MMS was being put into battle with ranks much higher than mine. I was told that wouldn't happen. Well, it certainly does. I was upset when I found myself, as Captain, in a battle with Brigadier Generals. I ranked up and now I'm fighting Marshals. If I could choose my battles, I certainly wouldn't choose one of them. My main combo is Vulcan/Titan, both M1 MUed to 10/10. With DD activated, I hardly do any damage. Thunder at those ranks will one shot me. With DA activated, I'll survive, but a heavy sneeze will destroy what I have left. Now, when I'm sent into battle, the first thing I do is look at the player lineup, something I used to do from the lobby. If the opposition is too heavy, I leave. In my opinion, the MMS has made the teams more imbalanced, more players leaving battles early. That isn't what we were lead to believe.
  8. u812ic

    Do you easily get angry?

    I used to get angry at the smallest things. My anger was way out of proportion to the situation at hand. When I physically attacked my best friend, I knew it was time to do something about it. I went through an Anger Management course lead by the Psychiatric Dept. What I discovered was that I had unresolved underlying issues that needed to be tended to before I could heal, by facing my demons and dealing with them face to face instead of hiding from them. As a part of the course, I was sent to a role playing class complete with props to make situations as real as possible. The classmates were assigned roles to play. It was all ad-lib. If props weren't available, then the classmates took the place of the missing items. Example: If the situation called for a refrigerator with a low hum, then a classmate would stand where the fridge was suppose to be located and hum softly throughout the entire scenario. There were strong guys, Bouncer types, present in case things got out of control. The Doctor in charge of the class and classmates egg us on, trying to get the individual angry, to act out the anger. I discovered I had several demons to face. And face them, I did. That was the best 4 weeks of my life, because from there I was able to heal and learn methods to control my anger. As a bit of background, as kids we weren't allowed to express or show anger. Consequently, I never learned how to control it or what to do with it. I was an exploding pressure cooker. Since then, I have attended 2 Anger Management refresher courses and am a much better person to be around. I am happier, made a lot of new friends, outgoing. My life has done a 180 degree turn for the better.
  9. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    I didn't say I was quitting Tanki altogether. I said that I come back to do missions and play a battle or two, just to keep my feet wet. I also indicated that since I'm no longer a staunch supporter of Tanki, I won't be putting any more money into it. I'll drop in occasionally to see how the game is evolving. You are entitled to your opinions, too. I respect that. When Tanki membership (Community) started to dwindle drastically, I said essentially the same things as you are saying. You will hang in there for a few more years, I'm sure. You and others who stay active will help Tanki to grow, mature, and ease the growing pains, as we did when it came out of Beta. You are the next generation to carry on. Good luck in this new venture. I hope you do as well as we did.
  10. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    The CEO, owners and Devs are riding in a large pickup truck. The Mods and Helpers are in the bed of this truck. The truck is pulling a very large trailer that is being occupied with the players. The Mods and Helpers hear us wailing, screaming, crying, complaining. There's so much clamoring, they can hardly sort it all out. But occasionally, someone's voice is a bit louder than all the rest. The Mod will tell the occupants of the truck what was heard. The occupants say, "We will do as we please with this game. It's our game, we own it. If they don't like it, they can always bail out. We don't care, you know that. Don't bother us with trivialities." There's a very few Old Timers left. I mean those who have been with TO for the past 8-9 years. We are the ones who helped build TO by reporting bugs, glitches, suggestions for improvements, etc. The Devs listened to what we had to say. We were the ones testing TO fresh out of Beta. At first, the updates were geared towards improving the game and making it more playable. Then something strange happened. TO stopped listening. Why? Because they felt they no longer needed our help. But we stuck it out, anyway, just to see where it was going. Well, now we see. I don't like it any more then anyone else in opposition. TO, as we know it, is going down the tubes, out of the gutter and into the sewers. But this won't be the end of Tanki, it will survive. How? The rest of the Old Timers that helped make Tanki a popular game will leave without so much as a "Thank you." Those who have been playing for 3-4 years, will hang in there for awhile just as we did. But eventually, they will leave, too. But Tanki will still survive. A whole new class of gamers will take our place. They will learn the "new" tanki and will enjoy it as we once did. I saw this very same thing happen to another MMO game I played for several years (not a tank game). It was simple, easy to learn, easy to play, very straight forward. The Community was humongous, larger than Tanki has ever seen or will ever hope to see. I'm talking about millions here. But we were still a closely knit "family." Until the owners and Devs did the unforgettable and unforgivable. They closed down the game for a few days. We already knew that was going to happen. They promised us a new, even better game. They painted a beautiful picture of what it was going to be like. We were all hyped up about it. The forum was open, even though the game was closed, and was buzzing with anticipation. What happened next was mind boggling. The game was reopened and what we saw made us speechless. It was a whole new game, alright. Same setting, but that was about all that was left of the old game. Maps had changed, the interface had changed. Game play was changed. Tutorial Island was closed. In its place was a 5 minute rundown of how to play the game. Tutorial Island was fun. It took about 30 minutes, but you learned everything there was to know about the game. There were quests you had to accomplish before you were allowed to enter the real virtual world. Many of us started new accounts to become acquainted with this new and improved game. But to no avail. We were accustomed to the old game and at least half of the community left within the first month of the new updates. Within about a year, the membership was down, similar to what Tanki is now. I left for about a year, then went back for a look see. The membership was strong. Not as high as it was, but was doing very well. We were replaced by those who knew nothing about the old game. Tanki will survive, but not with us in it. We are old hat, old news, old, old, old. I have already found another tank game (not WoT) that I enjoy. I come back to do missions, play a battle or two just to keep my feet wet. I have several accounts at different ranks and each with a different main turret and hull. If you look at my profile, you will determine this account is a buyer's account, the only one. But that won't last much longer. Why should I pay into an account that is nearly dead? It's not cost effective. I hope TO finds what they are looking for and I wish them all the best. It was fun while it lasted.
  11. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    Sorry, Guys. MMS is here to stay, like it or not. Devs have told us (through the Mods and Helpers) that what Tanki puts asunder, no one can repair. Devs are the Dictators and like it that way. Dictators do not make mistakes (or will not admit to it) for to do so shows signs of weakness, lack of leadership. They like playing gods and looking down on the Commoners who beg for change. Yes, they get the change, but not as they expected nor as they were told. However, there is one thing missing in this Dictatorship....complete control of the people. There are no borders, we can come and go as we please. We can boycott, if we want. But I don't think MMS is THE problem or culprit. Think this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been playing for about 7 years. I've seen many updates, each one promises better gaming experience, better gaming environment, better....., better...., better...... In my opinion, I haven't seen very many good updates for the players. Sure, there have been some, granted. Like the increase in crystals for the losing teams. But like in the past, there's a catch. Well, I won't go into all that. This about MMS, not finances. That's my rant and rave. This game is no longer my "go to" game. Hasn't been in a long time. I'm spending more and more time in the forums and less and less time in battle. I used to spend hours upon hours here, but in the past couple years, not so much, and now, even less. There is so much I miss before this recent update. We are no longer the Community we used to be. The Dictators are seeing to that.
  12. u812ic

    Influx of non-team players?

    Just now, playing CP, I saw an entire team not playing for the objective. Score was 25-5 when I left. The losing team didn't stop to change CP zones, no strategy whatsoever. I saw a Firebird/Wasp repeatedly go against 3 mammoths (Thunder, Ricochet, Twins) by himself. These Mammoths worked together. It was like the whole team was mults doing suicide missions. It seemed like I was the only one trying to do anything constructive. The enemy team wasn't spawn killing, they didn't have to. They just waited at each of the CP Zones. On the losing team, I didn't see anything bigger than a Hornet. They had Firebird and Railgun. I never saw anything like that before. Oh, BTW, this was a MM CP. If I didn't know better I'd say it was a setup. This wasn't a blowout, this was a massacre. I'm not blaming MM for this.
  13. u812ic

    Influx of non-team players?

    Before the everlasting, lovely, best update evah :angry: MMS came into being, I'd watch a blowout I just left from the lobby. Sometimes I would notice that the last 1, 2, 3 names at the bottom of the losing teams list, were players whose score was 0. The name would disappear and then return, still doing nothing. When looking at the K/D, I noticed these accounts were very low, rock bottom, in the pits. I'm not talking about people with bad connections, lag, etc., I'm talking about around .30 in the pits. My conclusion is that these are accounts made specifically for multing. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that there are players with several multing accounts at different ranks. A few months ago, a friend and her 6 year old son visited for a week. While she was out shopping, I played Tanki while her son watched. He wanted to give it a try. I explained the controls and demonstrated, then let him in the driver's seat. He drove the tank just fine, but he couldn't understand why everyone was shooting at him. I tried to explain the concept of the game to him, but it was waaaay too far over his head. He couldn't get past why everyone was killing everyone else. Then he said something that amazed me. He said, "That's the problem with this world. Nobody loves anybody. They all hate each other." Anyway, all the while, all he was doing with the tank was driving around and getting killed.
  14. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    The quote is: "What a maroon. What a ignoranimus." Which is the same as calling someone a moron. Right? Just because someone doesn't agree with you? Hope you're not married nor plan to get married. Not many women like control freaks.
  15. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    Do you even know what "maroon" means? I doubt it. 1...That's a name given to runaway slaves in the Americas and joined other communities. 2...It's also a color made by combining red and blue violet. It denotes confidence, power, risk, love, ambition, courage. So which of these are you calling @ByeByeBye? As for the battle hunting, I didn't mind hunting for the right battle at all. At least I didn't choose to battle Brigadier Generals, Major Generals, and LT. Generals as a Captain (I just got promoted). Nor would I choose to join a battle that only had 1 or 2 minutes left in the battle. I wouldn't join blowouts where the score gap was so wide there was no hope for recovery. One player against 5? Are you kidding? No way. Maybe you would, but that's your cup of tea, not mine nor many others.
  16. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    Waiting 5 minutes to join a 2 minute battle? That's not long enough to even get the feet wet, resulting in very low score and crystals. Then back to the lobby to wait another ? minutes for another 2-3 minute battle. Yesterday, I waited 3 minutes before sent into a battle that didn't last long enough for me to get out of base. This MMS is very illogical. Please give it some logical Art. Intel.
  17. I usually go for TDM first, next CP, then RGB. Occasionally, I'll go to CTF as support to clear out a nest, follow the flag bearer or try my best to block or disable any enemy attacking the flag bearer. If i have a good chance at grabbing the flag, I will but hand it over to a faster tank. At times I'll go to the Battle list, but so often it's filled with players ranked too high above me or a lot of parkour. Quick Battle I use with caution. I have ended up battling Generals.
  18. u812ic

    Which MM category are you most likely to play?

    Since the advent of the MMS, some have changed their gameplay, while others have hung in there with their favorites. But two others have been added, Quick Battle and Battle List, which adds more to our choices. Outside of doing missions, which category are you most likely to enter? EDIT: Category "None" added by request. Some members prefer to chat or to keep up with the forums rather than to battle it out.
  19. u812ic

    Which country has the most number of players

    You didn't make the specification. Please edit the question if all you want is EN. Because of the omission of "EN" I feel I voted wrong.
  20. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    If the above quote isn't bad enough, now MMS wants me to battle Lt. Generals. How idiotic does MMS think I am? Oh, wait....MMS doesn't think. Someone else is doing the thinking. When the MMS was first discussed, it sounded plausible. Many players were excited about it. Looking forward to it, even. But this anticipation was built on a description that is not even remotely akin to what we were given. Mods tell us it's still in the development stage. Why the heck give birth to a 6 month old fetus that is barely viable? Let it stay in the womb for the full 9 months. These Devs make lousy Gynecologists. No, now wait a moment. This isn't a naturally conceived baby, it's a Test Tube Baby. What the Devs have done is to say, " Let's go ahead and activate the heart. We'll give it a head, arms and legs later. Oh, the brains. Yes, we need to work on that, too." Some of the problems we are having were obvious problems before it was given birth. The ranking gap is one of them. Did the Devs actually think that battling players 6 ranks above was going to be okey? Mods say this is something they are working on. This should have been looked at before the birth.
  21. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    Now I'm beginning to get gun shy about clicking on a battle. I've been sent to a fair amount of battles with Majors, Lt. Colonels and Colonels. I can go against Majors, but above that, I'm cannon fodder. For the first time, I was sent to a battle with several Brigadiers. I would never, ever choose a battle like that. I would have to be insane or a mult. That's exactly how I felt. You can bet your booty I left. Tanki would have to give me 10,000 crystals each time I died for me to stay in a battle like that. Being one shotted repeatedly and not being able to do much damage is not what I call fun.
  22. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    I clicked on TDM, waited for about a minute and was sent to a battle with only about 2 minutes left in battle. At the end, I clicked on "Continue" which, of course, sent me back to the lobby. Almost immediately, the loading bar started. I thought, "Good, no waiting time." But instead of being sent to TDM, I found myself in CTF. I didn't click on a CTF battle or Quick Battle, not even accidentally, the loading bar was immediate. So, MMS is randomly choosing for me? It's bad enough I can no longer choose my own battles, now MMS is choosing the battle style as well?
  23. u812ic

    Friend lost

    The other names you mentioned, I assume they are alternate accounts. If you look up one of those names in the Members List at the top of the forum page, click on the name and up comes his profile. From there you can send him a message. Tell him you accidently deleted his nickname and would like the correct spelling so you can add it back to your Friends List. .......................................OR........................ You can use the same list to find the correct spelling. Click on "M" in the left hand column. Good luck in your search. If you are willing to do the legwork, you will find him. But if you depend on other people to do the work for you, then you may be S.O.L.
  24. u812ic

    Matchmaking is coming May 29th

    I waited a minute and a half to join a battle that lasted long enough for me to materialize and get one shotted. Game Over. I hit the continue button and was sent back to the lobby. I was put into a battle that was all Major, Lt. Colonel, and Colonel. I was the only low ranked player. At first I didn't check the line up. Not until I noticed I was getting one shotted and I couldn't make any kills, even with supplies activated. I can go against Majors, but above that I'm cannon fodder. Thanks MMS. Yes, I did leave the battle. (Hope the "leave early" penalty isn't implemented). I've read page after page of complaints, a few think this is a good update. From those complaining, I see walls upon walls of text, but of those who think this is a good update, I see a couple sentences. From those who think this is a good update, I want to see a wall of text telling me what so wonderful about it.
  25. Some time ago, in battle, we had an Isida on our team that didn't heal. He passed by teammate after teammate with low health. I said in chat, "An Isida that doesn't heal?" His reply was, "No. I'm not your nursemaid. Use a repair kit."
×
×
  • Create New...