Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

Maf

Tanker
  • Posts

    23 629
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    278

Everything posted by Maf

  1. Maf

    Tanki World Records

    Decided to log onto my alt today. This is from 2+ years of following only I&S section:
  2. Maf

    Ideas for Game Modes!

    If you think about it, this is very similar to Juggernaut, but less interesting. The difference is that in Juggernaut getting the "point" means that you get auto-changed to a super-cool OP tank that you use to move around and kill contenders, while in your mode having the point only gives your basic tank some regen and faster reload.
  3. Maf

    Complaint Book

    Topic merged
  4. 3500 crystals 125 mines 125 DA 10 golds 50 batteries 25k crystals Argentina paint Sweden paint Scandinavia paint
  5. If you ignore that player and keep focusing on the objective, then the battle is only going to have one mult. If you retaliate and try to "fight fire with fire", then you're basically as bad as the mult. So I think the answer is obvious.
  6. I don't know, I'd personally love to see juggernaut deal a million damage per hit and drive at the speed of light. Seems fun (as long as I'm the juggernaut, of course) :ph34r: "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"
  7. Maf

    Ideas for Maps!

    Well, we already do have an almost identical mechanic. You may notice that on a lot of the maps there's outside areas with signs displaying a skull and crossbones. This is meant to be exactly what you suggest - a pre-placed minefield that destroys any tank that goes there. This is good, since it blocks players from going outside of the playable area in a sensible and somewhat realistic way. But with your idea all it's gonna do is make people frustrated when they blow up on a mine, the location of which they forgot about.
  8. Maf

    Tanki World Records

    What about it? The 13 members is because Opex-Rax is a developer, so he can use his tools to do things which are normally impossible. Obviously it won't be accepted as a record since it can't be beaten by any normal player.
  9. Maf

    Ideas for Maps!

    I'm asking what's good about random mines laying around the map? What's the benefit from it? Just because it's a novelty doesn't automatically mean that it's good.
  10. Maf

    Ideas for Maps!

    In that case I will occasionally find myself setting off a random mine and flipping or dying at the least convenient times. There's no improvement to gameplay from this - just pure frustration.
  11. Oh, that's not something I have control over. Pretty sure I reported it to devs a while ago, but you know how they are... taking months to fix any little thing.
  12. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that post. Where is the lowercase "elite", on the wiki page?
  13. Maf

    Magnum in the Game

    Correct. Please discuss Magnum in the topic linked above. Closed.
  14. Nah, that feature has been in Tanki X since the beginning. You're just talking about adding visual effects for supplies, right?
  15. Maf

    Ideas for Maps!

    Bad idea. I didn't buy a Wasp M4 to then carefully creep around the map at the speed of a mammoth, watching out for random mines. Sure, adding "minefields" adds a new element to gameplay, but it doesn't make the game more fun. It will just cause people to flip more often and lowers the dynamics of gameplay.
  16. Maf

    [Mobile] New Supply Boxes?

    Same for me, can't log in. Seems the box gives random 3 items. Or maybe 1 or 2 in larger amounts, but so far I got 3 items from both boxes.
  17. Maf

    New Hull

    Every turret in tanki has unique gameplay mechanics, which is why developers keep adding new ones. Hulls, on the other hand, are just used for moving around and are not that different from one another, besides the variety of speeds, sizes and protection levels. Developers plan to assign a unique overdrive ability to each hull, so once that happens, new hulls are likely to be added. But it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. You can discuss potential future hulls here: http://en.tankiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=243949 Closed.
  18. Maf

    [Mobile] New Supply Boxes?

    Yeah I posted mine in TPotD. Got 2 mines, 1 RK and 2 DA. Although unlike yours, the cooldown for mine is just 4 hours. Oh wait, just opened another one, got 150 crys, 1 RK and 2 DA, but the cooldown is now 6 hours.
  19. Maf

    Are Gold Rates too Low?

    From my experience it's more like 3-4 per battle. Anyway, during x10 events it always seems like the probability isn't actually x10, because while during normal days you don't actually expect a gold to drop since they're so rare, during x10 events you basically play for the sake of golds, so you pay a lot more attention to how many golds there are. And because of this, even if the chance is actually x10, it feels like a lot less than that.
  20. It's most likely a subconscious effect, where if you open a menu and see too many options, then you will be less likely to go ahead and choose one of them, whereas if you only have a few buttons to press, then you will be more likely to choose. This reminds me of a YouTube series by Vsauce called "Mind Field", where in one of the episodes the idea of choice was being explored (although you have to buy it to watch). A group of people were told to choose one flavour of candy from a selection of two choices, while another group was told to choose one out of 20 choices. The people with 20 choices took a lot longer to choose and once they did choose, most of them said that they were not content with their choice and would rather choose something else. I'm not sure if this relates directly to the psychology of shopping, but I think it's a similar concept: if a player opens the shop with the intent to buy something, they will be more likely to actually buy if the purchase choices they are given are quite limited and straightforward, while the purchase process is quick and simple.
  21. I guess less buttons and less options still leads to more purchases.
×
×
  • Create New...