Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

LittleWillie

Tanker
  • Posts

    3 454
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by LittleWillie

  1. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    Pro Pass does not cost you any real money at all. It only costs in-game Crystals. Imagine that! A game is set up so you use in-game currency to buy in-game items. That's never been seen before in gaming. The horror.
  2. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    If spending 3,000 Cr on an in-game item "ruins" the game for you quit. It is only a game.
  3. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    If 3,000 or 5,000 Cr is enough to make you quit playing then ... quit.
  4. LittleWillie

    Episode 118 of the V-LOG is here

    There is no way these alterations will be performance-neutral. Some changes are good candidates, such as boosting rate of fire a litte to get a little more damage per shot. But changes like giving up crits for impact force and giving up freeze for damage are very dissimilar comparisons. The only way to do it is put in the system and try to kill the majr flaw as fast as you can ... then go through rebalancings. This stuff unpredictable. So long as the game is fun, it's worth it.
  5. LittleWillie

    Update 428 — Parameter tweaks and more

    Speed boost "useless"? Ah-ha. Ahhh-hahahaha! AHHHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA I pity the player that actually feels this way. :lol:
  6. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    I'm not saying Smoky is OP. I am saying get ready for the outcry. :) Of course it is too early to tell. But so far this change makes me feel it is worthwhile to exchange at longer ranges more often. In Highways yes I had DD up at the time. A rico I'd dueled just before ran across me again and decided to get out of Dodge. He snaked down levels whileI peppered him with 200-ish then 10-ish hits from the middle of a bridge. Just as he got to the lowest level my last shot landed (cuz he'd soon be behind a building) and up floats a red 4-digit number. So he still had decent some health left ... tehn I land a shot that does about 8 times the previous shot. It stings. Not that I am complaining. Except I do not own much Smoky protection myself ... As for those suggested changes.. IMO they go way too far.
  7. LittleWillie

    Episode 118 of the V-LOG is here

    Smoky jockey me gotta say it is awfully fun to see 3- and 4-digit red numbers float up on the far distant side of the map. It's happening more often than I expected. The "new" crit hit system (flat 20% and etc) in the current mix is more useful that the old system was in the old mix ... is my guess. Shorter: Me likey.
  8. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    Yes, the key to proving a tank combat game is to ensure a constant rain of magic money boxes falls from the sky. I wouldn't play this game if that described Tanki "combat". Play Foo-Foo The Magic Mushroom Fairy if you want to play a game about catching boxes. There's a million games like that out there. Sheet.
  9. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    The Cr cost of the Pro Pass simply is not high enough to force players to spend real money on the game. This is just an invalid claim.
  10. LittleWillie

    Episode 118 of the V-LOG is here

    It is only for Pro games. Just avoid games with this setting. As a newer player though I do not know what went on before with this.
  11. LittleWillie

    Episode 118 of the V-LOG is here

    Another Smoky alteration that sounds like something to buy when you have nothing left to buy with your Cr. Taken together with the Thunder alterations we have Thunky. The alterations turn one into the other. Give a cee-gar to those (not me) who predicted Isida self-heal was reduced so that it may be given back via an alteration. It will be very interesting to see the numbers on this alteration. AS for the Pro setting with w/o alterations ... that will further segment the Pro section. The problem with Pro battles is finding players. Tanki should at least consider the possibility there are too many settable parameters ...especially super=long games.. Perhaps eliminate some now and return them with the Clan system? Question: Can anyone make out the comment around 4:10 about why or who would want to turn on friendly damage? I listed several times and could not tell what he was saying.
  12. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    sOop on getting the name flipped around. Mea culpa. Good thoughts all around. Just to day my mind was turning to the same idea of longer cool downs. People have suggested putting ahrd limit on the number of supplies that can be used in a given battle. Cool downs essentially do that. One major change would be to eliminate the cool down reset on destruction. That would essentially mean a hard limit on use/battle. But I suspect the player response would not be overly supportive. :rolleyes:
  13. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    Prediction A: Smoky users will come to really like this new critical hit system Prediction B: Complaint about Smoky now being OP start in 3.. 2... 1... And I think I'm not gonna blame people for saying so. I just played a couple CP games on Highways, which I don't play so much and it was a different experience. I had shaft ducking for cover instead of splattering me when I was getting CP points on the bridges. When you are exchanging 200hp jabs at extended range a sudden 1100 point hit really livens things up. Especially if the foe had enough of hitting and was just about to run. Was.
  14. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    That is definitely what I have heard and why I am a happy Major. :) I_W_A raised a point earlier that I think is right. There will be more drugging in Basic games thugh how much is uncertain. I say this because players interested in non-drug games will save on usage by playing games in that format. Ironically this will leave them with larger stocks of drugs to use when they play in Basic games. Here's a thought. What if Tanki changed the Supplies kits so the 3:1 ratio is maintained betweejn most Supplies and Repair Kits? Cut the Repair Kits by 2/3s and reduce the price by 25% to account for the lost value. Now drug buyrs woulkd not be able to spam Repair Kits. If you ask me that is what defines a drugger ... someone who uss a lot of RKs esp[cially in low-value situations like a simple 1:1 skirmish. Between that and the Pro Psss I think the drugging might be at an "acceptable" level. Thoughts?
  15. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    I have found them too. But what have I seen in the Pro section the last couple days? ~20% Parkour ~60% Grinder games one our old standard maps with or without massive time limits, caps, or CP ending conditions. ~20% everything else The vast majority of Pro games are of little (Grind/Marathon) to no (Parkour) interest to me. Now that in itself brings a value, because I can just look past them to the Basic battles.
  16. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    Well... I think I see where Tanki is going with this, I've seen some improvement and hope this works. But I gotta say, The PRO Pass sure doesn't seem to buy me very many fun games. Most games have 3 or fewer players per side.Most the games now have no time limits or very long time limits. I've bought a Pro Pass with only one account so far, but I'm not really missing it on the other accounts. I think we are learning there are a many many many many more players who **** and moan and whine about "druggers" but when actually given a chance to play without Supplies they choose to keep on Druggin'. There are very few non-Drug games. If all those complainers were honest about it there should be a lot more no-drug games it seems.
  17. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    Any Smoly that tries to out-slug a rail or shaft at long ranges is going to lose 9 out of those 10 matchups if not more. The new crit means Smoky's effective range is extended a bit further. And every so often those harassing long shots or snap shots on the fly will really sting. Even my m2 Smoky on DD does over 1100 on a crit. That's a big bite out of any tank under the new rules.The long-range pot-shot and run tactic now has some bite. WAY not gonna buy that Smoky alteration even more now.
  18. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    It can happen ... I think ... I've not yet been able to see a crit a the 10% range ... ppl keep shooting me while I try. :)
  19. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    OK I guess we are more on the same page than off. But in any change there will be some "winner"s and some "losers" It is unavoidable. Changes wirk well when they benefit the vast majority. But someone is always getting a shorter end of the stick.
  20. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    You are often camped by enemies firing at you from a distance over 100m? Because this change improves Smoky at very long range but not much or none at shorter ranges.
  21. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    Smoky damage does drop off with range. When Smoky is shooting you and you have NO good clue from where/ 1) You often can tell the general direction the Smoky lies from where the damage effect appears on your tank. 2) If you see that or not start using cover to eliminate possible directions. Duck behind a house. Still getting hit? Go to another side. 3) As always your turret should be on a swivel. 4) When you find our screen you'll know the smoky is on the other side. Then you have the moments needed to chose your next move. What you don't do is stop of keep on course looking to fight the unknown smoky. Get cover then find outhow to kill smoky.
  22. LittleWillie

    Patch Update #429

    The PRO pas is 100% available to free players. I know, I am one.
  23. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    Why? It is a hardship to actually find players for games? It's a rotten thing to have a choice of maps in the non-PRO section? Where exactly is that hardship? If a player does not need a pass they are not forced to buy a pass. The less a player plays the less they need a pass. You're inventing a situation where a player with virtually no income because they hardly every plays tanki being hamstrung due to the cost of a pass. Why does a player who hardly ever plays need a PRO pass? Those players by definition have only a tiny interest in the game as it is now. 1) No one has to buy it especially the low-playtime player. 2) Games do not succeed or fail based on players who hardly ever play. They depend on the active player base. If the most of the active player base benefits the change will be a success. None of us has the perfect crystal ball so lets see how it plays out once players decide what their real needs are.
  24. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    They are not going t change it. This is clearly only part of a bigger implementation only partial done. A player who plays only on weekends has no need to buy a Pass. Problem solved. Sounds like you think a PRO Pass costs real money. It does not. Those friends could not play together without "spending" already. Not unless every one of you has a m0 smoky/hunter, no MUs, no protection modules, green paint ad evry Crystal you ever earned in the bank. So you don't mind spending Crystals. The Pass is no different. Crystals are in the game to be spent. Duh.
  25. LittleWillie

    Changes in the battle creation system

    Yes. Everyone will quit this game ... giving up 100% of their Cr income ... because they refuse to give up 1% of their income by buying a Pass. Evdry single player will wander down this decision path and quit.
×
×
  • Create New...