-
Posts
8 134 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
No thank you. parkour isn't my thing and I was never really interested in it. However, I did enjoy doing this: Driving my tank from a fixed view. Yeah, I did.
-
Test Server may be open. It has the Chinese thing I posted and FrozenRailgun translated earlier this year.
-
Now let's not get too hasty on it. I did say that it's more practical to use Large Calibre Rounds or Round Destabilisation because using Hyperspace Rounds to the fullest would require a teammates to sacrifice score and stars which is not something you'd get with these challenges going on. And if you're playing with randoms, it would require a teammate to not only sacrifice score and stars, but be knowledgeable about the alteration. I'm certain there are some high-rank players that don't know it exists. But that first set of 2x damage is what starts it off. The most important one is that first ally or enemy that the projectile passes through. However, I'm seeing more of them so maybe some of the Railgunners are jumping ship from Round Destabilisation to use that. It was only a matter of time until players caught onto what they could do with it in theory.
-
Yes! Been saying it's a blatant upgrade since its implementation. There is really no reason to use Stock Railgun if you have this alteration. 1 v 1, it'll perform just like Stock Railgun, which is why it's not really menacing when tackling head on as opposed to Large Calibre Rounds or Round Destabilisation. If I'm using Isida with Titan and I see them trying to shoot enemies, I'd signal them with my Isida's beam to let them know that I know they have the alteration, and then go in front of them. The thing is, you can't totally block their view because they need to aim after all. For a 10% damage reduction, at M4, the only think you would not have anymore is what little % chance you had as Stock Railgun to one-shot an unprotected medium hull. And you don't really need allies all the time, you can just get two enemies, line up the shot, and you'd usually kill the second player.
-
I first decide the rank unlocks and prices of the M1 and M2 modifications which would give me an idea as to how much the stats would increase between M0 to M1, M1 to M2 and M2 to M3. I look at the patterns of unlock ranks for the different ranged turrets to pick an M1 and M2 unlock rank. I then start on the main damage statistics. I set boundaries on it in the form of M0 and M4 damage, meaning the statistic changes must happen between those 2 numbers. So for example, rememberable figures like 200 and 700 damage for Firebird so the changes must happen between those numbers. I then do the reload time which requires me to wing the statistics as closely as possible since they're smaller numbers. Because they're smaller numbers it makes it more possible to do the calculations for other numbers. The numbers that you see with more than one decimal are ones that were the product of direct calculations between modifications. And for some of them, I wounded it up to be easier read. After those are done, the non-upgradable statistics (whatever it may be) is made or it may be made in between the upgradable one like you see with yours. I would love to see a turret like this in the game. Shooting enemies at short range and having a melee range mode just in case players try to get too personal. Oh, that reminds, I made a mistake one of the names. it was supposed to be reload in melee mode and not ranged mode. I'll fix it. The statistics I didn't do were the impact force of the ranged mode, the rotation speed of the turret (this isn't necessary really, just the main ones players would focus on). And this isn't as serious as it could be. I was tempted to reconfigure these statistics to match how it would be when micro-upgrading in the game. And I would have listed them out in each step in each modification. Other factors I take into account is how powerful someone would be and how long they would be that powerful if they had their modification fully upgraded. I try not to make them like Smoky where it would have a very large gap between M1 and M2 statistics. It usually looks more like Striker's statistics.
-
This is a rare sight. Did all of them buy Vulcan kits?
-
One of these is not like the others. One of these just doesn't belong: The guy was an M3 Mammoth + RGC Vulcan that took a golds and wreaked havoc on my team. He and another Mammoth were blocking the main exit. If only he was replaced by a or a , then it would be perfectly balanced.
-
How I did it was making it a melee-ranged turret with short-rage capabilities. Its melee range mode is inferior to Firebird, Freeze and Isida's effectiveness as to not overpower them. Its ranged mode would look like a Railgun but will hit one person. It will instantly stop at the range of minimum damage. When thinking about how its melee mode would fare against groups of tanks, I was wondering how the turret itself would look. For a turret that has a 60-degree angle of attack, I imagined it to look like the scoop of a Subaru Impreza. And the slot to shot the ranged attack out of would be a hole at the top that resembles this: The range was reduced in the melee mode to not put it on par with Firebird, Freeze and Isida. Its ranged mode isn't too powerful to overpower Hammer or Ricochet. I had to wing the first few statistics to get a basis of how the others would increase. But some I had to estimate myself because the calculations weren't working for them. I was thinking of adding a poison DOT for it but that may have made it too much like Firebird but it is what i would expect from a turret named Venom.
-
Venom: M0: 750 M1: 25,100 M2: 107,200 M3: 222,900 Damage in melee-mode: M0: 300 M1: 405 M2: 490 M3: 610 M4: 700 Damage in ranged mode: M0: 400 M1: 532 M2: 643.7 M3: 801.4 M4: 900 Reload in ranged mode: M0: 3.5 M1: 3.24 M2: 3.09 M3: 2.7 M4: 2.5 Energy consumption rate in melee mode: 250/s Energy reload rate in melee mode: 6 seconds Range in melee mode: M0: 10 M1: 11.2 M2: 12.0 M3: 13.8 M4: 15 Range in ranged mode: M0: 50 M1: 56 M2: 59.99 M3: 65.98 M4: 70 Reload in ranged mode: M0: 4 M1: 3.5 M2: 3.267 M3: 2.97 M4: 2.8 Maximum damage range in melee mode: M0: 5 M1: 6.3 M2: 7.1 M3: 8.3 M4: 10 Maximum damage range in ranged mode: M0: 35 M1: 42 M2: 47 M3: 55 M4: 60 Weak damage in melee mode: 10% Weak damage in ranged mode: 25% Cone angle in melee mode: 60 degrees Projectile radius in ranged mode: 1 metre
-
Why you should accept the fact that this game is dead and move on
TheCongoSpider replied to X_Death.By.Me_X in Archive
'Twas really sucky when Viking Thunders would just keep shooting at the blue team from this point. You couldn't escape that unless you up up the tunnel but then you'd meet your demise by a Titan Twins waiting at the top of the tunnel. I think players don't want to branch off to other maps because they're probably still stuck in the past. I remember a few days some months ago where someone would make a Subway battle and it was actually enjoyable. Some made battles in the map Opposition. Which leaves many maps that aren't played. But now, all I see are Polygon, Silence, Rio, Noise, Island, Zone, Hill, Wave, Skyscrapers, and the occasional Monte Carlo. There is so much potential for some maps to have enjoyable battles but you'd see the same maps over and over and over and over and over. Like seriously, is Silence the only map available to set to Parkour? Come on. -
That would just make the missions system worse for players who may not have much time to play since you would have to do the mission in order to receive regular and Weekly Containers. Let's say you're a and you decided to use the free skip on that "Finish 5 battles in ASL" mission because you really weren't in the mood to do ASL. You then get a "Earn 800 crystals in ASL battles" mission. That requires even more work but you can't change it because it's locked until the server restart. Luck seems too dependent on your success with weekly missions if this mechanic is implemented.
-
My team got wiped by the meteorite and I was left to take the gold.
-
At least I was in one of your many battles. That was quick.
-
I'm devoted but that doesn't mean there aren't any things I don't enjoy about the game. Fast-paced MM battles make for some unfavourable gameplay but I'm still holding on because my accounts aren't in a state of total dependency on my team like some unlucky tankers (the ones with poor equipment for their rank). Titan's dome has always fascinated me. It draws you in because it's a safe haven, full of protection and the warmth of healing. But it's almost like the Titan is calling its teammates to their deaths. It's funny to think about and witness a massacre of the enemy team or my team right after the dome disappears. All I can say, is that the game has changed and we should adapt. That was one of the problems I had with some updates - we were required to adapt to it. Like the Firebird rework. It was hell if you didn't have a Fox module, and it was unfavourable even if you did have one. But, almost a year later, the number of Fox modules have increased and they now have better counters in the form of Freeze (higher DPS than before), a new turret (Gauss) and increased protection modules against them. More relevant than ever now since the number of Magnums per battle has increased. And because I use Hornet with it, having my Overdrive against clumped enemies is a real treat. As for having no defense, that's if your teammates are willing to sacrifice scores and stars for victories...which is not beneficial for completing the challenge. I usually see Titans and Hunters defending, with the Saboteur Drone of course. The thing about Mammoth's Overdrive right now is that it's kind of weak after the nerf. So the best thing to do for your team is to taunt it (by rubbing yourself against it while shooting) to hopefully make them use their Overdrive on you. And that's basically a lot of their defence against massive pushes gone there. If I encounter a Mammoth, I would try to make it use its Overdrive. That tactic wouldn't work too well now because, come on, meteorite golds are too valuable for them to not save their Overdrive for it. I found it comical as well. Back in December for 20x meteorite golds, only Wasps, Hornets and Vikings (and speed hackers) would be able to catch the meteorite gold. So I, as a Titan, decided to sit back and multi-kill enemies with Uranium Striker and take the top spot in almost every battle. On one of my accounts, I have Hunter M2 and Mammoth M2. I decided that I had enough time with Mammoth and decided to ruin other Mammoths' time with the golds. I would zap them (and as collateral damage, any other hull around the drop zone) and kill the Mammoths. Both of Mammoth's counters have the fastest recharge rates in the game, and Wasp receives 2% more Overdrive charge for a kill (and possibly more charge for other actions) so it's a great defense to put on the gold box drop zone,, but that would mean missing out on the golds, so instead of putting the Mammoths in their place, you might as well join them and fight for the gold. Now that its Overdrive duration is halved, a Hunter can stun it and basically render it almost useless against enemies. Wasp's bomb now has a better chance to kill the Mammoth rather than deactivate the Overdrive since the fuse is only 2 seconds shorter. I've been on the edge of surviving the bomb only for it to kill me riiiiiiight as my Overdrive finishes. At least now heavy hulls have chance of taking the meteorite gold. I did wish they made the meteorite like Wasp's bomb and deactivate Mammoth's Overdrive upon impact. It's a short window but I could have killed many Mammoths before they took the gold if it were that way.
-
Hold tight, 2 more days.
-
It's official, I'm a hacker.
-
Well aren't there thousands more numbers above "three" queuing every day? And the numbers wouldn't be negated, they'd just be less decisive and noticeable in the statistics (to my knowledge). Are specifically three numbers really required just to get an average? Mathematics isn't my strongest subject so I'll assume you're more knowledgeable than me in that area. That makes sense.
-
I believe that it takes into account every player that is put into a battle and their time, and then takes the average. If more players are online and they are queued into a battle faster, then the average waiting time will be decreased. I'm sure that the average waiting time takes into account every tanker that is put into a battle, regardless of rank. So if you're a Legend and you see that it says 11 seconds of the average time, you can bet that it was the lower ranks (majority) that brought down the average. Like this meme: The "you" there would be the many lower-rank tankers (majority) in the game that are constantly queuing. I don't take the average time seriously because I know it's not a perfect indicator yet some players think it's god when queuing in Matchmaking. That's just my take on it. It seems likely.
-
I had though that the vars.set cam_maxmove only did between 0 and 5. I must have put in a negative number at that time. I tried it with the integer 0.000000001 and it was stationary so I used that. I tried to climb the building which was next to impossible for me.
-
How'd you get that?
-
Thank you, this is what I needed (more or less). It needs to stay at one maximum range which in this case, would be short range (maximum 70 metres). I'll be lenient and put it up to 100 metres. You mention that the plasma has a cone angle of 15 degrees. It may need to be in the form or a blast or a fast-moving ball of plasma because with a 15-degree cone angle, that can hit two players at once if it's close enough. It can't be instant if the capped range is 100 metres, it'll have to be a fast-travelling plasma ball or a blast.
-
I checked his account and his M2/3 modules should be good enough for now. He has Thunder and Rail M3 so that's two massive weights lifted. He has Shaft, Twins, and Vulcan M2. Two of them he wouldn't need often but that 25% Twins protection will help a lot.
-
I expected a lot of Ricochet protection. I face a good number of M4 Ricochets everyday and they do fine, even with protection. Most of them use Viking or Titan. I just don't get how he's not doing great. Maybe it's the players he's being put with and against and maybe it's his choice of a medium hull. Those seem to be the remaining factors here.
-
Most likely experimentation.
-
Thank you.
Jump to content











































































