-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
Industrial Zone CTF.
-
5% extra speed isn't noticeable. Well screw playing the objective, right? Gold boxes are all that matters, right?
-
What nice players Taspen and his friend are:
-
Tweaks to the balance of Overdrives and Gauss, and more
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
All you needed to stop it was a Wasp but players didn't play with Wasps. Hunter could do the trick as well and they used to do the trick back when it was 10 seconds. But a lack of Wasps made the Overdrive more threatening. If there were more Wasps, most likely, things may have been in check more or less. -
About supplies...well...: My current Brigadier account didn't have much years ago but I didn't need much as I enjoyed myself with what i had. Since then, that account had been getting neglected in favour of this one and another one. I missed many profitable events on that account, as well as the transitioning to the supply-oriented gameplay of battles. My supply count, if I remember correctly, was 130 RK, 220 DA, 347 DD, 121 SB and 450 mines. Now back in December, I had a choice. It was either I bought Compact Tanks and cheese the gameplay or, I buy M2 Hunter and play more comfortably (even though M2 10/10s are recommended at that rank). I chose the former and I was basically stuck. I tried some battles with Compact Tanks and it didn't go so well. I stopped using the account for a while.I return maybe 2 months ago to give it a shot. Complete my missions to see if I can luck out in some containers. I didn't use that many supplies because I used Dictator with Vulcan. Those 2 Vulcan buffs really helped. I collected container after container and I got crystals, supplies and the Africa paint. I was having so much fun with Dictator and giving my allies supplies that I had forgotten that I had close to 21 Weekly container unopened. I opened them and my supply count for DA,DD and SB went up to 1,000 immediately. So I went from the figures mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph, to this today (after using it every day): Those crystals I got from those weekly containers allowed me to purchase M2 Mammoth as a heavy hull for Vulcan and now I'm comfortable (although each of my equipment is close to Stock M2). I purchased Thunder protection during the 50% sale and it is doing wonders for my survivability. I have 24 Weekly containers saved up and I wouldn't even need them for a while. My supply usage when using Vulcan isn't really high since it gets a lot of charge for actions and I get supplies from it. And giving Overdrives to my teammates encourages them to protect me as I have witnessed before, especially with Titans. My main deterrent was me thinking that I couldn't get the account back on track and it was best to neglect it further. But that proved to be the opposite and now I'm enjoying it in this supply-ridden times. I get many supplies from missions as well. So yes, I believe they are throwing supplies at you, but bad management can lead to you losing stock of a specific supply, namely repair kits and double damages. My friend kept complaining that his double damage count runs out every day. That sounds like poor management and thirst for exploded metal by having double damage enabled constantly. I'm sure that its current effectiveness ties in with how the turrets are balanced and how fast the gameplay is. If you were to decrease the effectiveness of double armour and damage by 50%, it would require some rebalancing in the statistics of all turrets and hulls.
-
Interesting. I would have assumed that gaining charge from the Overdrive kills was incentive to use it on groups of enemies. Mammoth has what Viking has a s well. You cannot gain charge from actions during the Overdrive. That is why I wait until my Overdrive is done, and then capture flags and rugby balls. I find that a harsh nerf to be honest. I guess they see Viking's Overdrive as a guaranteed game-changer. I mean, I'm seeing so many of them in Legend battles that there must be some sort of worth using Viking as a whole.
-
Gauss' maximum damage does not allow it to kill a heavy hull with a sniper shot + an arcade shot without double damage. Before the change, it was not able to one-shot a heavy hull on any modification besides M1. Stock M1 Gauss back then was able to one-shot a Stock M1 Mammoth but it was at the tip of the maximum damage range, so unlikely, even for the previously tight damage spread. After the change, the maximum damage in sniping mode allows it to one-shot a light hull (if it is very lucky) which in turn, would allow it to one-shot a heavy hull with double damage (if it is very lucky). But what about the cost? Its minimum sniping damage was also reduced, but the average damage stayed the same. Right now, Gauss can only one-shot medium and heavy hulls from full health with double damage. Without it, it can only one-shot light hulls. It only one-shot anything if it has double damage enabled while the player is fully unprotected and the Gauss is lucky. Other than that, you will survive. With the broadened damage spread, it is possible for a medium hull to survive a sniper shot, it has happened to me many, many times.
-
Updated Decided to try Wasp out on a Master Corporal account to see how deadly it really is. I wasn't focusing on the charge per kill at first because since it charges so quickly, I may mistake an 8% increase for a 10 or 11% increase. My first bomb caught two players. I looked at my charge and I had 21% charge. Alright then, it was then when I started to look at the % charge per kill closely. I deduced that I got 10% every time I killed someone. I jumped on another account where I wouldn't be such a detriment to my team if I used M0 Wasp, I had the same 10% charge per kill there and got a nice score: M2 Gauss + M0 Wasp: 8 of those kills bomb kills. I remember getting 6 bombs in that battle. There were two other Wasps on the team, one of them in the picture. So Wasp has the fastest recharge rate and gets the most % charge per kill (tied with Dictator). As for performing other actions, I got 49% charge from capturing a flag. I'll test to see if Dictator and Wasp get more Overdrive charge for other actions besides kills.
-
-
Flawless battle in Cologne. Only the two light hulls on the enemy team actively tried to kill me:
-
Is it a case where I'm too meticulous, or did you not put enough thought into creating your idea and wording your post? You said nothing about it being increased at the end of the battle. You just stated that the scoring system should be increased with those parameters you've set. That wording gives the idea that it happens throughout the battle. Now that you have explained it more clearly, my response still stands as the appropriate response. ^ ^ ^ ^ There is no reason to implement your idea. Your idea gives unnecessary extra work for the game at the end of the battle. There is no reason to increase the scoring at the end of the battle for those positions because at the end of the day, the players would still end up in the same position. They aren't going to magically jump over each other in the leaderboard. Did you think this through thoroughly?
-
What is important to note here is if that player had a premium account or not. Since you scribbled over their rank, we cannot know if that player has a premium account or not. Will you post the original picture?
-
You'd need to unlock ranks for these alterations so I can gauge its price. Sabot Shells: Shot Stabilisation: Long-Rod Penetrator: Infrared Target Tracking: Hypervelocity Ammunition: Automatic Loading System:
-
They said that the sniping shot is instant, just like Thunder and Smoky's shots. This could be untrue but I remember receiving damage from a Thunder that shot at a tank immediately after it died. Which in this case, for Gauss, isn't how it is. The thing with Striker is that I still end up doing damage to an enemy who was where the now-stray missile went. I would have said that Gauss still had its great explosion impact force but they fixed it as it was a bug.I don't really receive much impact force from Gauss shot explosions like I used to.
-
And a heads-up when using Gauss. If the player that you locked onto was killed as you finishing locking on, your shot will not deal any damage (most likely because it wasn't rendered on the server). I've had that happen to 3 sniper shots in a row in a Bridges CTF battle and I couldn't help but note it after the second time, but that third time seemed to have just been me being unlucky. The bad thing? Your Gauss has shot it and you're reloading, so essentially, you're disadvantaged if that happens to you. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. It doesn't seem intentional since it's almost like having bad ping when attacking or healing with Isida. You can expel all 6 seconds of your energy tank when attacking and you may have only done 7 ticks (which is equivalent to 1 and 3/4 seconds of damage).
-
Now, Magnum on all modifications are able to one-shot light hulls of that respective modification. It's is just unlikely because of the large damage spread. Now onto the the second part. Some turrets have high prices and low prices for M2s. Isida, Freeze and Gauss are the cheapest M2s. That indicates that there isn't a significant increase in statistics from M1 to M2. Thunder has a big increase in statistics from M1 to M2 (it is the most expensive M1 turret). Thunder also has a high price for its M2 modification but because it already got a big boost from M0 to M1, that boost wouldn't be so significant from M1 to M2 even considering its high price. And its unlock rank is earlier which is also a factor. Railgun has a big increase in statistics from M0 to M1, but a small one from M1 to M2. Its price is lower than Thunders and it unlocks earlier. Magnum has a sizeable increase in statistics from M0 - M1 and a sizeable increase in statistics from M1 - M2, hence its price and unlock rank (for both M1 and M2 modifications). And it dwarfs them because of the effort required to directly hit a player. You can't look around you without turning your hull. That's one disadvantage. You can't rotate your turret horizontally (unless you have the Reinforced Gun Carriage alteration) so enemies stuck to you from the side have free reign to kill you. Its damage is high and so will its self-damage be. And vertical aiming is harder than horizontal aiming if you don't have the memory skills to remember certain angles and powers from certain vantage points to hit certain enemies in different positions. Thunder is a mid-range turret. Magnum is a long-range turret. I would expect it to have more damage than a mid-range turret. I myself am sure that they did this to increase the number of Magnums on the battlefield and as a consequence, increase the number of Magnum protection modules around. But you have to know how they get that reload time. It's not like they shoot a 0% velocity shot and reload swiftly. No, they have to take 3 seconds to charge up to 100%, shoot, and then they will get the fast reload. My magnum that has a clean reload of 2.49 seconds takes around 5 seconds to reload after a 0% velocity shot. My M0 Magnum with a clean reload of 4.9 seconds (almost 5) takes 8 seconds to reload after a 0% velocity shot. So picture this, you're complaining that they shoot faster. That is correct, more so in the higher tiers since little to no change was made to the lower tiers (M0 and M1 Magnum). The Magnums have to charge up for 3 seconds to get that fast reload. The more you charge, the less your reload time will be up until the clean reload statistic. I think it needs a nerf in the higher ranks right now but the increased protection modules I'm seeing is already doing that. What do you mean by this?
-
The thrill in playing Dictator for me is to give my teammates as many Overdrives (as well as supplies) as possible so that my team can prevail. It's so nice to motivate my injured teammates with supplies, a repair kit and 50% of their Overdrive charge which usually gives them it on the spot. Only some players have thanked me and I am very grateful for Dictators that take the time to come over to me before using their Overdrive. If a Dictator uses its Overdrive only on me, I'd be honoured. I still see many Dictators that use it on themselves. It's either they don't know that it gives allies 50% Overdrive charge and (somehow) don't know that it gives other allies those supplies they got as well, or they don't want their allies to take their kills because of the Overdrive charge given as well as the supplies. I scoff every time I see a Dictator ignore their team and go off alone to use their Overdrive but what can I expect? I don't see much teamwork as I used to.
-
I look at the ranks of every battle I play. Some battles have teams consists of (in terms of equipment and the effectiveness of it) 3,1,2,3,1,2,2,1 vs 2,2,2,3,1,2,2,2,. One team has more players in the middle. The other team has players with access to better equipment but some of the others don't have access to great equipment. I've seen battles where each player that filled each team are similar in rank, and then when players start leaving, MM puts players that are higher than the rank of the highest-rank player that was there originally: The highest rank was General, then players on the blue team started leaving immediately and MM replaced them immediately, one of them being BBBTTTT_3000. That is one example of the the way I see MM trying to balance teams with the ranks. I'd be in Ranks around Marshal and Lieutenant General, and when players start leaving, they eventually bring in Legends...Legends of an arbitrary number that have better equipment than every other player there. Granted, sometimes the Legends that are placed there don't move their turret or don't have good protections or skill and they get pummeled by a guy using Op alterations.
-
I mean, I've encountered Strikers in the past that actually lock on to enemies without shining their laser on them. The last time I saw a Striker hacker was on the 14th of March.
-
If your Thunder is M3 (650-900 damage), point-blank-range shots does not equal getting damage close to 900. You deal a random number of damage within that damage range. Don't expect to deal damage on the higher end of the damage spread by getting up in their face. And the guy has 39% protection. Most likely that person had M4 Wasp. You have M3 Thunder which is less than M4 Thunder. You can't expect to take that down in 2 shots, then players without protection against Thunder wouldn't survive. Try Thunder with Hornet and see if you notice a difference. Its Overdrive, along with Sledgehammer Rounds (if you have it), is a beast and can demolish defences and grouped enemies quickly. And you can take a look at the past Patch Notes to see the changes in each of the turrets you think were nerfed to push buyers into buying the new stuff.
-
This was a great battle with Dictator. I got my Overdrive 7 times from capturing flags and killing unprotected enemies and gaining assists. Gave my Overdrive to my teammates each time and it was hell for the blue team.
-
I never realised I could have been doing this with Vulcan every single time I got placed on the red team in Wolfenstein:
-
It is very good for the red team in ASL battles. Assuming that it's a map like Serpuhov, Aleksandrovsk, Yorkshire, Industrial Zone, Kungur, Magistral and Barda, a Gauss on the red team can do serious damage and rack up many kills because of its superior splash damage distribution. It's good that you like it. I prefer to use it with Dictator as well, although it does get annoying when the extra height downplays my already low downward auto-aim. At least with my increased height, I can compensate for my horrible upward auto-aim. Some good games with it:
-
It's nice to see that they're using this icon for something in the present. I loved the way it looked in the HUD. Can you post screenshots of the skill statistic for each turret? I want to see how Tanki views them for the new players. Edit: Oh, and to place spoilers, you type this:
-
I usually don't use my ammo to try to kill them because I may waste that ammo and enemies would know I'm there. if after 10 seconds, nothing happens, I know that I made the right decision because some players claim that they can't self-destruct. I would say that killing a flipped player who (makes it clear in the chat) that they cannot self-destruct is good sportsmanship. But y'know, in the rush that is MM battles, you always have to find a leg-up, which would include keeping the manpower on the enemy team as minimal as possible. Alright then, I don't think I'll put in the effort to blur each of the other players' names out if it's not against the rules or anything. I think it's good to show the kills and deaths of the team that contains the mult. It shows their effect on their team's performance and ability to withstand pushes form the enemy team.
Jump to content










































































