Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. I find it the opposite. Before the update, It took a maximum of 3 seconds for it to start "burning" the enemy. After the update, it takes a maximum of about 1 second to do the same thing. I'm feeling this too hard.
  2. Hmm, why "powerful"? Why not "balanced" or "effective"?
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    That most likely happened because the M0 Shaft had double damage enabled. M0 Shaft without double damage enabled cannot one-shot an M0 Wasp that has double armour enabled. Hmm, that was just one battle. Perhaps they haven't mastered Gauss or they weren't using supplies. I can get many kills with M1 Gauss. My account sometimes plays with First Sergeants and lower-numbered Warrant Officers and I see all of them using their Overdrives.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Beginners' Guide to Drones

    About 750. I've been using it with the Engineer Drone. It helps out my team and it gives me a great benefit as well.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Yup, me receiving a critical error made my team lose. My team didn't have great equipment but we held out against the red team that has superior equipment and smarts. I had my hunter's Overdrive ready because that crafty Titan kept his dome for just before he caps the flag so his teammates can come help him. I'm ready, we're leading 10-19. Someone is approaching with the flag and I'm about to one-shot them, then as they're about to drive up the ramp, the game spits out a screen-freezing critical error where the flags and even the blue base capture point marker start to fly all over the screen. I was forced to re-enter. I knew that Titan was going to come any second now. I had 100% on my overdrive and because of that, I came back in with 0% to see my team now being spawnkilled because the same titan put down his dome in our base. The Overdrive box is falling, I'm respawning and the enemy Titan took the Overdrive and used it again when the first dome disappeared. I became furious and tried to single out the players with the flags but these red players in the base are making my aim hard with they Thunder and Smoky shots. The score now, 30-28. We're now losing with the final 20 seconds on the clock. I spin around and kill the player with the flag that was about to capture. We were now 30-30. I didn't want that to end in a draw. I saw a long Railgun + Hunter on the bridge. I went up and used my Overdrive. Miraculously, it zapped the player with given the difference of the level of terrain and miraculously, he was on less than half health so I was able to kill him with one arcade shot. I killed him to see that an enemy got into the base and capped a flag at the same time I killed the person, resulting in my team losing 35-31. Did my team have mults? No, I don't think so, because I saw many of them actually defending the attacks but the enemies' equipment were just too strong for us. And they wouldn't have gotten that leg-up if I hadn't had received that critical error. I would have shut that Titan dome down as well as the flag he had. I really don't like these critical errors. And they always happen when "in the zone" while having my Overdrive ready to help my team with the objective. It happens in these crucial moments and that's what makes it some much more detestable to me.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    Stock Railgun or all Railguns?
  7. Edit: I finally got put in Yorkshire. The old list is still there for reference. This is the new list. It took 99 battles to get put in all 32 maps at least once. So you see, they're all on rotation. My theory still stands. Forest - 7 Magistral - 6 Year 2042 - 5 Barda - 5 Serpuhov - 4 Industrial Zone - 4 Bobruisk - 4 Osa - 4 Highland - 4 Aleksandrovsk - 4 Massacre - 4 Brest - 4 Cologne - 4 Chernobyl - 4 Solikamsk - 4 Bridges - 3 Red Alert - 3 Highways - 3 Wolfenstein - 3 Future - 2 Kungur - 2 Silence - 2 Tribute - 2 Polygon - 2 Rio - 2 Sandbox - 2 Sandal - 1 Iran - 1 Desert - 1 Parma - 1 Stadium - 1 Yorkshire - 1
  8. TheCongoSpider

    June Challenge — Hornet Prime Skin

    Experimentation, perhaps.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    These are my settings: When I turn it on, my FPS goes from around 30 FPS to a maximum of 40 FPS. When I turn it back off, it stays on 40 for a bit, gets a frame drop to about 11 frames and then goes back to 30 for the maximum. I thought all of those options reduced my game's performance so I disabled all except Show FPS and Ping. It makes my FPS increase.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    An M3 Railgun with Shell Destabilisation is able to do up to 4,807 damage with double damage enabled. My Mammoth had 3,200 HP + 15% Railgun protection (I didn't have double armour activated). Without factoring in the Railgun protection, that Railgun reached 66% of its damage's protential. From 1 damage to 2403 damage, it achieved 1,600 (without factoring Railgun protection). That's a whole 803 damage more he could have done to me. So yeah, he had plenty of room to one-shot me still. That's the problem with some alterations right there. They have no integrity. They outperform their Stock counterparts. You wouldn't see a Stock Railgun coming first in Legend battles as often as you'd see a Large Calibre Rounds or Shell Destabilisation Railgun. Do you get the same scores when you use Reinforced Aiming Transmission and Large Calibre Rounds? No, you'd get more score using Large Calibre Rounds on average. And Railgun's reload speed decreased which means the reload on that alteration decreased as well. Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout" Railguns at M4 reloads a shot in about 1 second. You have a Railgun shooting every two seconds. That's not good. And those take down a medium hull faster on average, not to mention its retained impact force which shouldn't be. And people wonder why Railgun protection is so common.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    What am I missing?

    Basically this (@ 0:55):
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    And this is exactly what was happening after its first buff when it was implemented. It felt as if its damage distribution was negatively skewed. Picture for reference: Which basically means that it hits above the average damage way too often than it should be and is not hitting below the average damage as often as it should be. Which is why i saw Destabilisation Railguns dominating back then. You could have your medium hull with full health and DA and still get one-shotted. That hasn't stopped but the 20% maximum damage nerf helped. Buit it seems like they may have tweeked it again, idk. I was placed in another battle with the guy but this time, it was in Highland so he was bound to die at some point. Didn't feel good that him killing me was the first kill in the battle, and it was a one-shot (I have Mammoth M2.2 with 15% Railgun protection). Yeah, an M3 Railgun with Destabilisation has more than enough room to one-shot me if the damage distribution is negatively skewed. He got up to 9 kills until he died. But then a Stock Railgun came first. I didn't expect that but it's not like Stock Railgun is unusable. Both of them took top spots.
  13. Hmm, they worded it pretty ambiguously then. Thanks for the clarification. Although it took 2 minutes and 5 seconds to charge from 0 - 100% when it was first implemented and now takes 2 minutes and 25 seconds to do that yet it feels like a faster recharge. Something doesn't seem right.
  14. The problem I had with that is that players who bought kits very early will have an direct advantage with their Overdrive over the other lower tier Wasps, and even more so if they upgraded it. And I'm sure that they would do it in a way to reflect Wasp's statistics changes so it would look more like: M0: 5 seconds M1: 4.5 seconds M2: 3.4 seconds M3: 3 seconds
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    Shell Destabilisation Railgun + Viking camped by the Overdrive supply box marker and got a flawless 1st place in DM. I tried to go after him 4 times and all of them ended up as a fail. I had my Overdrive and was going to get him and then suddenly, my Mammoth slipped off of the ramp; I don't even know how. Guy got lucky with Shell Destabilisation. It seems as if it's still powerful. He put a smiley face right as I had exited.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    I know it's possible, that's why I said he had to have been in a group. if you queued by yourself, there is a high chance you wouldn't be there as a Captain.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    This Captain player had to be in a group because look at the ranks of the other players in this battle:
  18. So no buff in the Overdrive recharge speed was given to Mammoth then? Alright, that explains everything.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Firebird!

    I've died multiple times to their afterburn, only because some Striker blasted away 90% of my HP right after I used my Overdrive and the afterburn finished me off when I was trying to kill players.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    I can believe that since I was a WO5 and got placed with a Major-General in a DM battle. And that's only a 9-rank bracket. I've seen up to 12-rank brackets. And if you play good enough and are lucky, you can top the leaderboard.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    The power of Mortar Magnum. You'd be surprised how often players actually run into mines planted on walls.
  22. The projectile speed change was a decrease so that's a nerf.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Overvolt Ammo: High-Impact Rounds: Scatter Rounds: Energy Converter: Piercing Rounds:
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    Gauss isn't able to one-shot medium hulls when they're both on equal footing; meaning that they both have no supplies activated or the Gauss has double damage enabled and the hull has double armour enabled (which ultimately cancels each other out). Gauss' maximum sniping damage on all modifications isn't able to one-shot a medium hull on equal footing. It can only do that if the hull is unprotected (no double armour or Owl protection module) and the Gauss has double damage enabled. And with the change it received, it's possible for the Gauss to not be able to one-shot the medium hull even with the specifications listed in the sentence before this one. Using double armour is getting an immediate 50% protection module against any turret not using double damage. When that turret uses double damage, to them, you are back to normal 0% protection because double armour and double damage cancel each other out. The Gausses you went up against were either using the Booster Drone (I've seen 3 Gausses with Booster Drones already), they were using Hornet's Overdrive while sniping you, or you just didn't have double armour enabled and they one-shotted you because they had double damage themselves. And if it were only able to one-shot light hulls with double damage, then it isn't fit to be a sniper with such laughable damage. And that's assuming that the hull isn't wearing protection. if it were wearing protection, then Gauss would cripple and change to another turret when they see many protection modules against it.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    Gauss is not able to kill a medium hull with a sniper shot when they're on equal footing. So if the Gauss has double damage and you're using a medium hull, use double armour and you'll survive with about 45% of your health, 35% if you're unlucky.
×
×
  • Create New...