Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Multwatch

    Well I wasn't going to blur out the other players' names. Am I supposed to do that?
  2. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    What if he wasn't able to use double armour because of his smart supply cooldown after he used double damage? Maybe he just wanted to do as much damage as he could have before he (as he thought) would inevitably die. I see many players confronted from spawn by an enemy with all supplies and they use double damage and not double armour. They try to get in as much damage as possible.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    MM is 8 v 8 so that's 4 less players on the map. It's usually horrible in DM if you don't have a melee or short-range turret there. For team battles, I do notice that the blue team usual comes out on top. It could be the Top, Middle, Bottom design of it that causes this, like Noise.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    I was just like this 4 days ago. I went through many battles on 4 accounts and I don't go onto another account before completing all 3 minutes. It was so bad that I left 2 missions on 2 accounts and 1 mission on the other two and logged off. I honestly couldn't take it but what can I expect? The playerbase is small and it was a little bit after the server restart so there aren't many players that are similar in strength online. Why should Silence be removed? I don't like it for ASL and RGB but its CTF battles are nice as well as its CP battles (that are somehow prone to blowouts).
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Firebird!

    I don't know what's happening with you. I'm seeing Firebirds (Compact tanks Firebirds to be exact) just pooping on enemies every game. They use medium hulls so maybe that's your problem, but then I see Wasp + Firebirds dealing a lot of damage before they die so I don't know what's happening with you. You're probably just getting unlucky in your battles. Besides all those Fox modules out there, hopefully you get a good battle.
  6. Welcome back! M0 Gauss' average sniper damage is 855 damage. It rarely rolls below 700 or over 1k because those are considered to be unlucky and lucky shots respectfully. The distribution of damage looks like this: That bump in the middle is where the average damage is. That is where you'd see the damage the majority of your shots are doing. As you cna see, it starts to slope on either side, whether it be for less damage or more damage. It is much more likely to hit (in your case) around 850 damage than it is to hit below 700 or above 1,000. Such is life with being a silent sniper. I don't see why it should be easy to aim with if the enemy doesn't have a sign if you're aiming at them behind their back or to the side. The damage itself is huge for a sniper shot and they reduced the reload after a sniper shot and reduced the time it takes to lock on to the target. The arcade shot is very handy. It isn't as fast as Smoky's firing rate but its minimum damage is more than Smoky's minimum damage on all modifications. It has higher DPM than Shaft at point-black range and even 50 metres off. The projectile has to travel the distance but it's fast enough to not have such a large impact on the hitting speed rate. Gauss' splash damage range is 20 metres. Magnum's splash damage range is 21 metres. Where Gauss becomes superior is its splash damage distribution. It can retain 90% of the damage of the sniper shot at a range as far as 12 metres from where the shot hit. Magnum is only able to retain 90% of the damage of its shot at a range as far as 6 metres from where the shot hit. You can hit heavy damage on players that are in positions where you wouldn't expect so much damage. Gauss' arcade maximum and minimum damage range is the same as Thunder's and Smoky's maximum and minimum damage range at M0 and M4. It varies between those points since those 3 turrets all have different rank unlocks, prices and therefore, different % increases in statistics between each modification. 370 is higher than than M0 Smoky's maximum damage. I'm going to assume that it "not being able to one-shot medium hulls" is when you're using double damage. It is able to do that and a lot more but it can also not one-shot medium hulls with double damage. Before the change, its sniping damage ranges were tighter. After the change, they increased the spread of the damage ranges but the average damage was kept exactly the same. Now, you can either be lucky and one-shot a heavy hull or you can be unlucky and not one-shot a medium hull. It struggles to one-shot light hulls because of its damage distribution. It deals a random number of damage within the damage spread. Most times, the damage is around the average damage. There is a much lower chance of hitting very high damage (around 1,070 damage) and very low damage (below 700 damage) than there is to deal around the average damage. So don't expect to be one-shotting light hulls when using the sniping mode, especially when you have higher tiers of Gauss because as you progress with Gauss (M1, M2, M3 and M4), the dmaage range becomes wider. They didn't give it a scope or laser so that it could be unique, just like having a scope is unique to Shaft. Having a laser allows for the enemy to see that they're being aimed at, which isn't how Gauss was intended. And even if a laser was added, that's extra paranoia for the player because there would be 3 turrets that have lasers and you wouldn't know which one it is to know how to respond. I'd expect this to be an alteration rather than a change to Stock Gauss. Giving Gauss a scope isn't going to make it aiming slightly easier. It's going to make it (from long range) very much easier. And giving them a scope is giving them too much power in decision making. They can choose who they want to lock on to to get the best results, often ending in the enemy team's demise. But that's for long range. For short-mid range, that would be a detriment, since they'd have to stay still (presumably) and that gives them limited view of their surroundings. And where would the scope be on the turret? Now, I'm not sure if they would increase the damage statistics the same way as you did for M0 but just in case, I'll do it for the other modifications to show how that change for M0 affects the others. Those figures may come in the future but not now. The average damage for a sniper shot (for M0) would increase by 95 damage. That may not be much but because of the noticeably bigger increase in the minimum damage than the maximum damage, it gives more leeway to one-shotting light hulls. Now light hulls already have it bad enough (in the higher ranks) with all these alterations that allow for one-shotting medium hulls, much less light hulls. Allowing Stock Gauss to achieve a one-shot on a light hull easier would pose some problems with their overall survivability. Thankfully, the damage spread is larger in the higher tiers so they should be less susceptible to being one-shotted than they are in the lower tiers. This isn't even mentioning that light hulls are infesting the lower tiers. The arcade damage range should stay far apart. If you were to increase it to those figures you put there, then Shaft would fall even further behind in arcade damage on all modifications. If it starts like that at M0, it will get worse the higher you go. The sniping damage increase may not be too game-breaking but the arcade damage might be. That's one less shot with double damage against medium hulls. And this thing has splash damage if you didn't know. Where Shaft lacks is the ability to one-shot many enemies with one shot. Gauss can do that because of its insane splash damage distribution as expressed by me earlier in the post. It's not really compensating for anything if nothing was added to Shaft's statistics in the first place. They are alright propositions but the effect on M0 hulls is much different than the effect on hulls in the higher tiers. I'll be reviewing those alterations.
  7. Well doing that isn't going to put your team ahead. And you can't properly mine the entrance without the Saboteur Drone because a mine takes 30 seconds to replenish and by that time, an enemy already burst through with at least two supplies active and challenges you.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    Ok, so how will this work at the start of the battle? The players at the top of each team at the start of the battle are the first players to be put in that battle. If they get a kill, they would get 45 score. That is a big jump and if they get another one, I would go to 90 score. So I, as a Shaft, would get the first kill and then I'd comfortably stay in 1st place because I got that first big boost ahead of my allies. If I get ten kills, I'd have 450 score (assuming that I didn't get any assists). This would just make the players that have M3 equipment while playing with M1s score even more points. They'd almost guaranteed top the scoreboard and no one can compete with them. I'm not sure if the battle fund adds a particular number of crystals to it pertaining to the rank of the player that was killed anymore, but if it does, then you just unnecessarily inflated the scoring system when there was no need to.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Questions & Answers - FAQ - Tanki Online Forum

    So they've updated the Game Rules with this specific rule: Is that what I saw here?
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    In the ASL battles I see, half of the enemy team is out trying to spawnkill the red team. So you'd get only half of the team in the EMP. Railguns can kill you before you even reach their base, so can Shafts and Magnums. I get killed fairly easily. And then when I get there, there would be the first player to block you from entering. And the enemies would not be in range so you'd only get to use it on 2 people out of the 4 or 5 there. And then when you hit all of them, how are you going to kill all of them in 3 seconds? You'd probably take out 2 before one of them pops an Overdrive to kill you and any ally coming in with you. This happens to many times to me.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    On, and that battle that i ranked up in was a flawless ASL battle:
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    Then we'd have exactly what we had back in January and February. And I'm not looking forward to seeing players who had no initial interest in helping their teammates do it just to earn a lot of score. Just some games I had with a player back when it was 15. Here's one where both teams had an Incendiary band Vulcan and both teams had a Support nanobots Isida. Both of us came first: A lot of the players I saw using it back then just stood by the enemy and gained score and EXP. Hotgirltankerswag and I actually went on the point and did it to defend it, or did it somewhere else to distract 4 enemies and then our allies outnumbered them and beat them. It was really fun and tactical but it was dirty as well.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    I saw that as well but I know that they put the link on the last word. So I clicked on "here" and it directed me to the topic. It's there, it's just not underlined to show where it is.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I have not tried it with Railgun since its damage range is too wide for me to get an accurate approximation. I would have tried it with Shell Stabilisation if I had it but I wouldn't know if that gets a different damage boost to the other Railguns and all that possible stuff. Alterations affect Viking's Overdrive. Assuming that that Railgun is M3 (M2 10/10), the most damage it can potentially do without double damage is 2403.8 damage. That is if the Railgun is using Shell Destabilisation. Assuming that Viking's Overdrive gives a 2x boost to Railgun, then the most damage it can do while using the Overdrive (without double damage) is 4807.6 damage. Since you have double armour enabled (and you said that the player didn't have double damage enabled), it is not possible for them to have one-shotted (from full health) you without the need for using double damage. You did not mention how much HP you had left so I assumed that you were at full HP.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    It needs a buff in EXP or score? It can give 12 score when fully healing an ally but with that 12 score, it gives 5 EXP to the player. I saw the benchmark being increased to 12 and they did it. I've been playing it and it certainly helps. I'm more comfortable coming 5th in my team because I know if stuff went a bit better in the battle, I could have topped the team leaderboard or came close to doing so.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    While testing Hammer's damage boost, I had shot him to make sure I was doing 1,003 damage and I did 993 damage. I knew that one pellet of my Hammer does more than 100 damage so i couldn't have missed a pellet. THe only other explanation was him using a drone. After he unequipped it, he questioned the integrity of my actions (why I had wanted him there). I wonder what he thought those two shields on his drones' characteristics meant.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Firebird , Freeze and Isida all receive a 3x damage boost when using Viking's Overdrive. I've tested Hammer, and from what I'm seeing, it dealt 1,003 damage for a regular shot, 2,007 damage for an Overdrive shot and 3,011 damage for an Overdrive shot with double damage enabled. So Hammer gets a 2x damage boost when using the Overdrive and that damage increases by an additional 50% when using double damage. ' Twins seems to get a 2.2x damage boost. With double damage, it increases by an additional ~50%. Ricochet seems to get a 2x damage boost. With double damage, it increases by an additional ~60%. I want to believe it is 50% and that 60% was just the result of getting damage on the edge of the higher end of the damage range.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I wouldn't say that they ignore them. I'd say that they just don't notice it (somehow). When they use it, what is being presented to them is the enemies' positions and HP bars. You would have to attack the enemies to notice the Overdrive ignoring enemy protections. Surely they would have used it with double damage and saw that they killed a player who has double armour enabled from full health to 0. Another factor may be the animation for the Overdrive. It would make it look like some kind of radar or sonar, so they would initially relate that to them now knowing the enemies' positions and HP bars.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    What you caught there was a Black Box. These boxes give one container to the player that catches them. To open this container, you must go to your garage, click the "Special tab found in the picture below: Press "Open": And you will have the option to open one container. For future reference, a 10k Gold looks like this:
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    5-container opening: 125x Speed Boosts 125x Mines 125x Double Armours 125x Double damages 125x Repair Kits Unlucky with this one. Single openings: 3,500x Crystals x 2 50 Batteries 125x Repair Kits 3 Days of Premium
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Missions!

    Scenario: It's the final 10 seconds before the server restart. Your mission is to activate speed boost 15 times. You are at 14/15. If you do not complete this mission, you will not reach the 20 mission threshold for a container and 3 Weekly Containers. You already manually activated your speed boost and it has finished. You see a lone speed boost box on a lower platform...you make the leap of faith. The server update countdown begins a a few seconds after you self-destruct and the battle abruptly ends. You did not complete your mission. You lose out on a valuable container and 3 Weekly Containers the next week.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Locked on to someone in the blue base after they got zapped by an ally Hunter. I saw two red damage numbers but when I looked at the killfeed, I got a quadruple kill. +40% Overdrive charge on the spot.
  23. I expected a response like this.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Doesn't MM cap the score for CTF at 5 flags? How did the team capture 10 flags?
×
×
  • Create New...