-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
Those 0.1 seconds can prove fatal, because they add up. Smoky has great impact force and you shooting 0.1 seconds slower than them can result in you potentially never hitting a shot because the Smoky would twist your hull around and after that, they'll have the advantage. Smoky's shot is instant. Gauss' shot is a projectile and has to travel. Smoky has the advantage in firing rate and in hit success. Shaft has a limited range and after that, its damage is 25%. Smoky has a much farther range and after that, its 50%. Thunder never went up to 1.5 seconds of reload. The fastest it went up to was 1.61 seconds. And right now, it can only go up to 1.725 seconds. Smoky faces considerably less protection modules than Thunder so it's able to deal full damage more often without any obstructions (protection modules).
-
Hwæt?! It isn't additive? And from the statistics you gave there, it seems as if you were using Support Nanobots. Because the damage is initially low, that 33% increase isn't as much as a 33% increase of a higher number (Stock Isida). Tried it with my same 16/20 Isida (Stock this time) and did 732 damage per tick and 976 damage per tick with double damage, which adds up to a 33% increase in damage with double damage. I'm guessing it's like that for balance. Firebird and Freeze too have a 3x damage boost.
-
The fastest I remember seeing Smoky shoot was every 1.3 seconds. And I'm sure they changed around parameters to fit MM balance. I don't see many Smoky protection modules, and I'm surprised given how powerful it is.
-
That part of the post you quoted was about me thinking about Highland ASL and how I haven't gotten it in months. I'd reduced that to 2 seconds, 3 seconds at most. 5 seconds is a lot of grace time to get that flag. 5 seconds would also dull Hunter's Overdrive a bit since by the time they're unstunned, they'd have the flag ready to be picked up again.
-
At , the price of an alteration is 160k crystals. You'd see M2, 3 and 4 Thunders using this. M4 Thunder would have a 3.45-second reload. I'm sure players would be impatient with that waiting time, since they'd been accustomed to a fast-firing Thunder like @Maf. M2 Thunder would take almost 4 seconds to reload from this. The damage increase doesn't seem worth it. And I'm not keen on giving Thunder an alteration that directly increases its damage statistic. M4 Thunder's damage range would be 925-1275. The average damage would be enough destroy M4 light hulls in one shot. That's...really all there is to it for big advantages. I can see the appeal but I'd stick with Stock Thunder or even Sledgehammer Thunder. I'm sure that there was a reason they didn't add an alteration for Thunder that directly increases its damage. I'm curious as to how this would work with Viking's Overdrive. There is already a discrepancy with reload-altering Thunder alterations with Viking's Overdrive, should this one shoot less than 12 times when using Viking's Overdrive? (M4 Stock Thunder shoots a maximum of 12 times in those 7 seconds)
-
I've been thinking about this for months. I can't remember the last time I saw a Highland ASL MM battle. I had assumed that it was taken out of the pool for ASL. The red team almost always won because splash damage turrets prevailed over the blues since they had to keep huddled together to stop players. And the blue team spawns in one small area so spawnkilling was really easy. To memory, I've only won two battles while being on the Blue team and I was an Isida, back when I could heal allies and damage enemies efficiently. Do you still see Highland ASL battles in MM? If tried many times and I'm never fast enough.There was a Wasp behind me yesterday and I was a considerable distance away from the flag holder. I dropped the flag hoping the Wasp would take it and he wasn't even close. There was a nice grace period but they shortened that a while ago.
-
Ah, your true form is being revealed - an Elephant's Foot.
-
10-0? Was that a PRO battle? It (more or less) becomes an obligation to do something about it when that player starts sabotaging you.
-
This could have been silently changed but from what I experienced earlier this month, it gets about a 3x damage boost. The melee turrets seem to have been affected the most by the Overdrive nerf. And I'm concerned about Firebird. It feels as if the ignition rate is dulled when using Viking's Overdrive. I see players being hit by an overdriven stream of napalm for 2 seconds and their tank only heats enough to deal 3 seconds of afterburn. I thought it was like that because the range is extended and they're technically being touched by the end of the stream, but even then, I still get heated a lot by a Stock Firebird. Freeze does incredible damage. M4 Isida's DPS would turn into 3,000 per second. I've seen Overdriven Isidas taking around 2-3 seconds to kill an enemy Viking. Either because of protection or a fully-upgraded drone. For that disbalance you're talking about, I blame trying to fit different mechanics into a single box, it made some turrets better than others with Viking's overdrive. If you're accustomed to shooting 100% velocity shots with magnum, you shouldn't have much problems aiming during Viking's Overdrive, except when using Reinforced Gun Carriage.
-
I'd say that your team had a considerable number of Hornets, and since Hornet's Overdrive's recharge is very fast, it's likely that they use it when the others' are finished.
-
Shaft: Hunter: Mammoth: "magnums mortar alt: you only spoke about my 1st proposition, what about my second? me second was "only place a mine if the magnum doesnt hit anything" i think this would be more balanced than removing splash damage looking back over it. splash damage is important, but the thing with magnum is, especially using this alt, all you really have you do is fire in someone general direction and you will do high damage along with placing a mine even if you miss by a millimeter but still do massive damage." Magnum: And another thing I hate about this alteration is its retained impact force. Why should a less powerful bullet deal the same impact force as Stock Railgun's bullet? I get knocked around and I run into walls because I can't fight them. And it's really deadly with Hornet's Overdrive. You can destroy light hulls in one-shot in the lower tiers. It becomes harder to achieve in the higher tiers. Twins: It doesn't really cancel out the lower damage. Spending time on one target out in the open is bound to get you killed by their teammate. The ones I see using it use it in a way that benefits their team and not themselves. And if it takes longer, that's a problem because another enemy can be coming towards you while you're still trying to kill this player and you die before you kill them...orrrrrrr, you can multi-task and catch both of them in the stream and have two fishes to freeze. Although that is dangerous and time consuming but it also puts the enemies at a numbers disadvantage since it would be 7 v 6, in favour of your team. Shock Freezes usually require a teammate with them. Freeze can do what Shock Freeze does with even more damage. It only takes 1.75 seconds for a Stock Freeze to fully freeze a target. It takes 1 second for a Shock Freeze to fully freeze a target. And Stock Freeze just works better than Shock Freeze. Shock Freeze does the same damage as Stock Freeze when they both expend their energy tanks. It wouldn't be fair for the Shock Freeze to have its energy tank finish at the same time as a Stock Freeze. A Shock Freeze would deal half as much damage as a Stock Freeze would do if they both had the same energy consumption ate. And it's worse when the enemy has protection against you. That's more damage being deducted from your already 50% reduced damage. I think it's fine as it is given all these factors. And I wouldn't expect equal use of the alterations as one may fit every single user's preference while the others may not. Shock Freeze isn't for primarily dealing damage. if you want to deal damage, you should use anything but Shock Freeze. And for the issue of self-destructing like that, it saves precious time and could be the decider in a battle (potentially). If you're being frozen by a Shock Freeze that isn't using double damage, then it's best to self-destruct if no other enemy is in sight for you to shoot at. It doesn't make sense dying after 20-35 seconds of combat when you can self-destruct when you see that you're hopeless and your life is going down very slowly. It saves time and you ca defend your capture point from players that are going in at that time. It is a smart tactic to use and I applaud them for showing me it. Cryo Rounds is good as it is because of the randomness of critical hits. By the time the enemy is unfrozen, you can get another critical hit and freeze them. I see some Cryo Rounds Smokies around and their critical hit is crucial for defending a push on your flag or an enemy getting away with it. And it's about your preference. Do you prefer to ignite them or prefer to freeze them for easier aiming and helping your team out with killing it? Players usually pick the one that technically deals more damage because damage matters too much in the game. The alterations that increase damage whether over time or instantly, are the ones being called powerful. Shooting an enemy that is very far away whilst they're moving perpendicular to you isn't easy. And the fact that Autocannon Smoky relies heavily on critical hits means every shot counts. And what if the player doesn't have or use supplies. There are more than I expected of them in the high ranks who don't use supplies. A turret needs to be balanced when using supplies against other turrets as well as when they're both on equal footing. The players I see using Autocannon usually die more often since they have to be exposed in order to deal the full damage. And for that greatest player vs worst player scenario, that would play out only if they're both staying still and shooting each other, which is not the case up there since it unlocks at and players are smart and active. You wouldn't often see players staying in one place and shoot with Autocannon. if I imagine the same situation with Stock Smoky or the others (with them staying still), the pro can lose because of the rng on the Smoky critical hit. If the greatest player is running around and actually using his knowledge, then he'd win. So that same thing can be applied to all Smokies and not just Autocannon. Well you have Viking that also increases its damage which basically negates the protection modules. Turrets become more damaging and that damage comes even faster than lower tiers. If a turret (throughout all tiers) has common protection modules, it means it's devastating against non-module users and that the turret itself is common, whether it be rewarding, easy-to-use,or a mixture of both. The lowest I'd go is 40% for M4. We's have to see how well the turrets fare afterwards to see if it was the right move. You're welcome. I've been getting distracted while writing this for two days now. Edit: That's weird, the quotes I had in the response vanished when I posted it, I'll put the text in spoilers.
-
So from what I'm seeing on the chart, M4 Thunder deals 100% damage (between the damage range 740-1,020) within the first 100 metres and after that range, until 150 metres, it decreases linearly from 100%-50% of the damage between those two ranges. I understand now. In that case, since the minimum damage range is (assumably) increased to 145 metres, then there is plenty of leeway to do slightly less damage than Stock Thunder but faster, resulting in an increase in DPM.
-
THis is the google translation from the Russian Wiki: This is what appears when you hover the mouse over "variation of damage":
-
3 of 4 account shave the Top 3 x 15 mission this week.
-
Now I'm just curious, how exactly do you play with Shaft? I've only noticed you in maybe 4 or 5 battles. Here is one where you just went after our flag all game and not actively try to kill anyone. Here is one with you doing alright:
-
Screenshots:
-
You knew your fate before it happened. I would need to know which is stronger, the price or the unlock rank. The price of alterations are determined by their unlock rank. For 70k crystals, it would be unlocked at and at , it would cost 120k crystals. I'll go with because Light Capacitors is already for sale at and I doubt they'd put them at the same unlock rank. Although that may change since more alterations may be coming. I'll explain further in the future, but here are the statistics (for HBTY's version): Energy consumption in sniping mode: -60% Health healed per second: M0: 300 M1: 379.41 M2: 467.64 M3: 529.4 M4: 600 Energy recovery rate (reload time after a sniper shot): -25% Minimum and maximum arcade damage: -66% Damage in sniping mode is disabled. Edit: Explanation: Shaft's penetrating power was removed because it was to be unique to Railgun only. Isida is the only turret capable of healing in the game and that makes it unique. If I were to give another turret an alteration with healing properties, I would have given it to either Shaft or Smoky's critical hit (to allies, not enemies). Since it's a long-range healer, we can't make it too game-breaking. You've provided an estimation as to how much healing it would do and I used that - more than Stock Isida but less than Support Nanobots Isida. I used the middleground between them. The way I saw this working is that you're put out of sniping mode when your energy runs out. 4 seconds isn't enough to find an enemy and help them out of the base or even make up for the insane decrease damage potential you have so. To to compensate for that, the energy consumption rate would be decreased by 60% (250 to 100) so that it can keep in sniping mode for a total of ten seconds. Since allies would need to be in its line of sight, it's possible that you can stay there for 4 seconds and that one ally you were going to heal retreats behind a wall. Next is its scoring system. If your team has the right equipment, you should be able to get assists often to make up for your lack of arcade damage. Its most useful function would be healing in sniping mode. We would need to tweak it so that it would get the same score as a Stock Shaft on average. If a balanced battle (with a bit of supply use) is going on and it is a stalemate, I'd see a Stock Shaft 200-250 score. Isida's score for fully healing an enemy is 12. But Isida can also attack and gain assists and kills way easier. So I was thinking the Shaft can get 15 score for fully healing a teammate. I would have put 20 but then I can already see them farming score off of an ally heavy hull in the enemy base. The advantages Healer Shaft has over Stock Isida is that it has a faster healing rate and longer range. The advantages Stock Isida has over Healer Shaft is that it has powerful damage when attacking, less energy consumption when healing and can follow a target behind obstacles. Shaft received buffs in its energy recovery rate and I felt as if the reload after sniping would be too fast for how much healing it could potentially do so I decreased the rate by 25%. Now, this Shaft can only heal when in sniping mode. This presents a problem when your team is being blown out. The other Shafts can defend themselves with strong arcade shots and Light Capacitors can quickly take off a lot of HP from the enemy while this Shaft is at its enemies' mercy because of its weak arcade shots. If you can get to cover and heal your allies, that would be great but until then, you'd be dying a lot. This alteration's success depends on its teammates, so if they're at full HP almost all of the time or the injured ones aren't in sight, there'll be a problem. This would obviously not be good on certain maps but it's great on others. The last thing to talk about is the laser. I was thinking of changing the laser colour to green for an ally Shaft but what about an enemy? They shouldn't be the same green so I was thinking a blue laser for enemies but hat seems out of the ordinary. I wouldn't leave it as red or blue since they'd want to know if their Shaft is a healer or not and then what if the Shaft is on the blue team. The enemy on the red team still wouldn't know.. It's good to know if the enemy has a Healer Shaft so you can adjust your actions to suit. Yellow might be a good colour. And it can be green in DM battles. I'm pretty sure I was supposed to touch on something else but i can't remember it now.
-
See, what I don't understand is the mechanic of maximum and minimum damage ranges. From what I'm seeing, when you're in the maximum damage range, you will deal random damage within the damage ranges, in M4's case, it would be between 740 and 1,020 with the average damage being 880 damage. But then the minimum damage states that the damage decreases linearly until it reaches the end of the range, and after that, it would deal 50% damage. But at what number of damage does it start decreasing linearly. Do you know what number it is? And if we don't know, I doubt the devs would give us this information, for obvious reasons. I've noticed that M4 Sledgehammer would deal above 800 damage at maybe 80-100 metres. So with double damage, that destroys M4 medium hulls with two shots which are dispensed faster than Stock Thunder. When you keep shooting, the extra shots add up. And then you have Small Calibre Charging Machine that does less damage and reloads slower than Sledgehammer Rounds. It's all confuffled. And I'm sure that they picked favourites with Viking's overdrive since Sledgehammer Rounds shoots 4 more shots than Stock Thunder yet Small Calibre Charging Machine shoots the same number of shots as Stock Thunder. There is definitely a bias there.
-
Gauss does not have a laser, which is an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time. Gauss has the smallest upward auto-aim angle in the game, so locking onto enemies above you is going to take more effort than it is usually worth. Many times, you can be locking onto someone who is moving above you and then it will suddenly stop because it is out of the angle. You'd try to rock your hull but by that time, the reticle is already reset. Gauss has the same recovery time as Striker, however, with Striker, it is easier to get back on track because you have a laser - you can see where the Striker is pointing at. In order to see where the Gauss is pointing at, you need to lower the camera angle to the lowest; that in itself is lowering your situational awareness because you wouldn't see someone coming towards you from the side. SO the best way is to rotate your turret until your reticle starts to fill again. And the time it takes to lock onto an enemy is a lot less than Striker. M4 Striker takes 2.8 seconds to lock on while M4 Gauss takes 1.7 seconds. That is a big difference in time, but there is also a difference in damage. I think Gauss needs a nerf but this is where it needs it... ...This is where Gauss needs a nerf- in its splash damage distribution. It's able to retain 90% of its damage from as far as 12 metres. For comparison, Magnum is able to retain 90% of its damage from as far as 6 metres which is half. If you're accustomed to playing with Magnum, when you play with gauss, you'd be hitting high damage where you think you should be hitting 50% damage. A downside to this is that you think you may be safe when using the sniper shot up close but with that long average splash dmaage range, you'd die when you think you wouldn't. I made sure to buy Owl protection (M1) today. It never felt more appropriate since the first battle I went in, there were 4 Gausses in the enemy team.
-
That Hornet has to be M3 Stock or with minimal upgrades because M4 Assault Emitters Shaft can deal up to 1,800 maximum with double damage.
-
Oh, you should have said that. You made me think that you were killing heavy hulls with one single shot. It's better to use Adaptive Reload than Duplet when using Hornet's Overdrive.
-
Hmm, not sure if I'll be on immediately after the server restart but alright. This could have been tested in an earlier battle where an ally with the Saboteur Drone (merg_dark) had laid mines over two entrances to his hiding spot: Before I had respawned, a Hunter had came and zapped me and someone else. Zerg was almost in range of the EMP.
-
5-container opening: 125x Double Damages 125x Repair Kits 3 Days of Premium (I seem to never get premium on any account besides this one). 150 Batteries 250 Of All Supplies
-
As far as I've seen, it does not destroy enemy mines.
-
And players are saying that it isn't powerful, smh.
Jump to content










































































