-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I agree that it shouldn't stop the reload of turrets. I don't agree with it having less range, and I also don't agree with it not activating supply cooldowns. What's the point in zapping them if they have the potential to fight back and kill you immediately? Dictator and Hunter's Overdrive basically counter themselves. Dictator uses its Overdrive on its allies, then Hunter comes in and disables all of those supplies and activates their cooldowns Hunter uses its Overdrive on the group of enemies, the Dictator then uses its Overdrive when they're unfrozen so they would have HP, and all supplies activated. And it basically restores their supply cooldowns since by the time the supplies wear off, their cooldowns would already have been done. Titan's dome gives 85% protection against turrets and mines. A turret with Viking's Overdrive is already able to kill players within the dome. The problem is that if they're using short-ranged turrets, they'd have to be up close to the enemy which would likely prompt them to be shot at. I found Twins, Ricochet, Railgun and Magnum to work great against the players in the dome when using Viking's Overdrive with it. Regardless of the position of the enemy, the dome will give 85% protection to whomever is in it. If the enemy is shooting the players in the dome, they will still receive the 85% protection. I'm going to assume that you had been writing that post for days. You mention "10" seconds" in that quote so you're talking about the old Mammoth Overdrive. Mammoth's Overdrive was recently nerfed and I'd say that its effectiveness has went down a lot (at least in my case). Its duration is now 5 seconds and its charging rate has been increases, as well as a slight increase to the speed boost it receives when activating the Overdrive. The two buffs are good but they're dulled down by the 5-second duration. if you make a mistake, it is likely that you cannot correct it before the Overdrive runs out. it leaves almost no room for error. Mammoth already has two overdrive-counters, and both of those Overdrives recharge the fastest in the game. I think it has been nerfed enough. I'm not sure about increasing the damage radius of the Overdrive though. Ah, my favourite part. Firebird: Magnum: Shaft: Railgun: Thunder: Twins: Hammer: Freeze: Smoky: And this is where Hornet's Overdrive comes in. Hornet Overdrive allows the user to ignore all forms of protection. If many players have protection against you, you can either use Hornet or, you can just change to another turret like you suggested. 33.3% seems low, especially for the number of crystals players have pumped into them to get it to 50%. Compact Tanks Firebird's energy tank lasts for 3.3 seconds, not 2. 3.3 seconds is enough damage to kill medium a heavy hull when they're both on equal footing. And their 6-second recharge time doesn't help that they can reload their entire energy bar by the time they arrive towards another victim. Incendiary Mix gives a 50% damage boost to the Firebird's direct damage. It is supposed to be 10% but...stuff is happening, *shrugs*. A 10% damage boost puts its direct damage just below the damage Stock Firebird would do every second (afterburn during firing included). A 25% increase would have been nice with the decreased energy consumption but 50% damage boost is too much and the ones I see using it are obtaining a lot of kills. It is unbalanced, even with so many protection modules against it.
-
My Ricochet protection is finally M3, after months of having it at 33% and not wanting to spend the crystals.
-
I like to use old paints. The new paints are flashy, bright dull, and all other adjectives, but so are a good set of the old paints. On some accounts, I care about what paints I wear as they set the mood in battles. But on others, I don't care and usually use the old paints that I get from containers or challenges. And I like to actually play tactically so I'm not gonna wear a bright paint that reveals me all the time, I'd wear more camouflaged paints like Guerrilla and Rustle. I do like to wear bright paints sometimes like Domino. I don't think many care that the old paints are of less value, probably because they realise paints don't directly affect how much damage you're doing to the enemy or how much damage you're able to sustain from the enemy.
-
I've tried it in the Test Server. The reduced spin-up and spin-down time is heavenly when the enemy is out in the open fighting you. The problem I see is the immediate 20% damage nerf. Although SSR Vulcan can deal about 1,300-2,000 more damage (depending on the modification of Vulcan) than Stock Vulcan can, I find it necessary to do as much damage as possible, especially when the enemy is running to cover. I make it my duty to charge up my Vulcan every time I spawn and onwards. I will keep charging it up and cancelling it so that I can keep hold of the spacebar button if I see an enemy. That way, I wouldn't have to bear with them seeing me and then having to endure whatever damage for 2.5 seconds before I start to shoot them. That's my way around the disadvantage I have over SSR Vulcan. SSR Vulcans can be more confident when addressing enemies because of their fast spin-up and spin-down time. If the enemy is strafing you, It's easier to get hits on them than Stock Vulcan. I wouldn't call it a complete waste of crystals but I would stick to my Stock Vulcan. If you lower your expectations and standards of Vulcan, you can almost ignore the damage decrease. And the damage you'd do is basically the damage Stock Vulcan did before the recent damage buffs.
-
Allowing Striker to kill a medium hull in 3 hits is allowing it to one-shot light hulls (when used with double damage). That doesn't sound right to me. Striker's projectiles are fast. They may not be instant like Thunder's shot and they may have a low starting velocity but the accumulation time is 3 seconds. That's three seconds to accelerate to its maximum projectile speed. And its maximum projectile speed is very fast. One thing Striker has over Thunder is that Striker's missiles' damage does not reduce with range. And, it has the lock-on feature that allows it to kill a medium hull faster than a Thunder as well as killing a heavy hull faster than a Thunder. Striker has a faster reload than Thunder. That should be taken into account, but yeah, not a primary factor like others.
-
Titan's Dome has a 20 metre radius in all angles. It makes a complete sphere with a radius of 20 metres.
-
All you need is one damage number. One damage number from a Vulcan is all it takes to stop the healing process. You could think you're in the clear at 2% HP. You activate your repair kit and immediately after, a stray Vulcan bullet touches you and you only recieve 1,300 HP, instead of fully repairing your tank. Well if you made the player use their supplies early, then that means they have no means of comfortable survival on their next encounter of the enemy. If a Compact tanks Firebird touches me, and I need to survive, I have to use that repair kit to out the fire as fast as possible. Because a delayed death is a nuisance when you have to time your repair kit just right while battling another enemy. Be lucky that they used their repair kits because if they hadn't you'd've won. Every Firebir dI encounter is either using COmpact tanks or Incendiary Mix, and they use it because it works; it gets them kills and high score. And CT Firebird has a faster heating rate, what are you so upset about touching the tank with your fire again? It heats twice as fast as Stock Firebird and 300 damage per second is heavy to those without Firebird protection. By that logic, Freeze and Isida should have "insta-kill" power as well, right?
-
Well they don't necessarily have to be campers. They could have just defended a strong push from the enemy because the enemy outequipped them. Bu you're right about those missions being a factor. 500 kills was the first weekly mission I ever received and I completed that in 3 and a half days. I found that that way less intimidating when I saw that I reached 300 kills in 2 days. I understand the Dictators. its Overdrive allows it to be better at close-range combat and allows the user comfort in going alone. And if you give everyone else on your team half of their Overdrive charge and all supplies, then they'd be doing better than you, since all you have is your turret and they have their turret and their Overdrive. I don't understand the Titans though. Why use that for personal use if your entire team can benefit with it the same way you can. And Titan's dome can help win battles. I guess they just don't see that. I feel that. PRO battles are generally more relaxed. MM battles are fast-paced and chaos everywhere. You're in constant danger of being one-shotted. I've had two players in the past two weeks give me flags but that was because they were already in first place, and me, with my Support Nanobots Isida) was almost at the bottom and even capturing that flag didn't help much. Meanwhile, the attacking Isidas on my team do better than me because kills are handsomely. Well, you see, that alteration decreases its energy consumption when attacking, so when you reload, you're actually gaining more energy for attacking than you do for Stock Isida. Take for instance, Incendiary mix Firrebird. Firebird has a fixed reload time of 6 seconds. Incedniary Mix decreases the energy consumption so that you can shoot for a total of 10 seconds when you have a full energy tank. When you run out of ammo, you'd see yourself reloading. When you reload for 3 seconds and then shoot, that's 5 seconds of ammo you hacve. So for this Isida alteration, since you have 10 seconds of ammo from full capacity and a 15-second reload, every second you reload would give you about 6 ticks of damage. That's a lot. And when you get enough reload, you can shoot even longer than Stock isida and reload more energy. Stock Isida reloads 2 ticks of damage in 1 second. This Isida alteration will make it reload 6 ticks of damage in 1 second. Now that I think about it, that's rather powerful, so I'd decrease the cone angle slightly. Why not? Nanomass Reactor allows the Isida to heal for 8.3 seconds. This'll only decrease that number to 5. And it's meant for attacking. If you would like to heal, know that it's not your specialty. Just like damage isn't Support Nanobots' specialty. I assume that this is a trade-off for something that Isida can do that FIrebird and Freeze cannot - no damage drop-off. Isida's beam does a fixed number of damage per tick. it does not have a maximum damage range and a minimum damage range like Firebird and Freeze. Broadband Emitters can help with that, although you'd be reducing your range. it's your choice.
-
5-container opening: 3,500x Crystals 125x Mines 125x Repair Kits 100 Of All Supplies Spain Paint I find it easier to resist the urge to open containers before they reach a count of 5 now.
-
I killed him at the beginnign of the battle when I activated double damage against him and he said "buyers and druggers". Pretty hypocritical since he was using M2 Freeze, M2 Hornet and the Miracle Fish (I like Miracle Fish better than Wonder Fish) paint that is only available in the gold tier of the challenge and using supplies throughout the battle. I kept killing him (because he was a dangerous enemy and the player expressed their frustration. I'm not surprised he used the word "noob".
-
They decreased its healing potential because they wanted to make it more offence-oriented. I'd say it's primarily an attacking Isida at Stock and primarily a supportive Isida when using Support nanobots. There is no in-between anymore.
-
Incendiary Mix starts to give more damage than Isida when the Firebird is at M3 4/20 and above. Corrosive Mix used to give Freeze more damage than isida back when it got that ~30% damage buff. But since the damage nerf on Freeze and the damage nerf on Corrosive Mix itself, Isida deals more damage than it. True. although I can foresee Isida protection modules skyrocketing when players use its power against relatively many unprotected enemies. That is one of the advantages Isida has over Firebird and Freeze - fewer protection modules against it. I would think more along the lines of increased damage but increased energy consumption, for those surprise attacks.
-
That's a big red flag for me. A more than sizeable amount of randoms I'm placed with have little if no sense of teamwork. Removing the healing ability would for that alteration would make it full-on selfish. If I see an Isida on my team, I expect it to have the ability and mindset that it can heal allies. I already see perfectly capable Isidas bypassing injured teammates in their base to journey a long trek to the enemy base. That puts me off immediately. They changed Isida's healing per second to make it more offence-oriented, which would equal more kills on the battlefield. But that also resulted in Isidas bypassing allies to risk their life trying to kill enemies. While writing that, I was pondering on what I was saying and it did sound to me like I was being selfish myself. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ As for how the alteration would work if implemented, I don't think increasing the direct damage would be a good thing. For an alteration like that, it looks like it may unlock somewhere around . And if it raised its damage, it would be certainly be attractive to Legends or the players that have a thirst for dominating with as little effort as possible. It would take away the healing ability which is effectively one avenue for obtaining score destroyed, so they'd have to focus on attacking. That in itself is a decent trade-off. But you have Isidas already not using their healing for score. The majority I've encountered don't like to wait for their ally to be fully healed before moving on to enemy. They have the itch to destroy the enemies and that ally is holding them back. Isidas would need their teammates to be injured and for them to be in range to actually be able to obtain score from it. And the score you get for it as opposed to the score for killing isn't that attractive. It's more attractive to kill. It's more profitable to be an attacking Isida than to be a supportive Isida. So an alteration like this would heighten that. But let's see how far it will heighten it. Let's assume we're just going to invert the energy consumption rates. Attacking will take 10 seconds (12.5 seems too high) while healing takes 6 seconds. The problem I had with this is that it may make Nanomass Reactor obsolete. So to balance that out, how about we increase the reload time by 50% which would result in 15 seconds to restore all of your energy. If that doesn't work, then I'd slightly increase the direct damage, slightly increase the reload time while increasing the energy consumption when healing by 150% which would make it take 5 seconds to fully deplete the gauge when healing. I'd rather not have it disable the healing feature entirely.
-
It was one of the alteration icons shown for Isida back when they were introducing the last batch of alterations in October. As you can see, the one on the right has a knife and a gun as opposed to what the one on the left (Support Nanobots) has. It even has furrowed brows and a smug smile. This hints that it deals with primarily attacking.
-
Ah well, even more incentive to buy the battle pass.
-
Tweaks to the balance of Overdrives and Gauss, and more
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
I really think they overnerfed Mammoth's Overdrive. Not only is the duration half as long, or the delay in the damage for some Mammoth players, but you also don't receive any charge during the Overdrive. I had assumed that there was just a brief window at the end of it where you earn charge for doing actions, but that wasn't the case. You get nothing if you waste it and you get nothing if you actually do actions. I'm expecting a buff in the near future. I'm too vulnerable to mistakes and players with medium hulls still outrun me because of the difference in top speed. And since it's 5 seconds now, I have to get in closer to the enemies, which would prompt them to take me out with ranged turrets, Wasp's Overdrive or Hunter's Overdrive. Another thing that really dulls its usefulness in Assault is that you only need one player to sacrifice themself and the Mammoth can be killed because the tank's carcass would block its path and that's valuable seconds of the already short Overdrive wasting. I had that happen to me twice yesterday. -
Y'know, given that Zak saw a tester with the Firebird alteration that's not in the game, I should look out for anyone who may have Attack Nanobots since their icons look similar.
-
But...but...the MMS only matches groups with groups. And since we don't have group markers, we must adhere to that. i.e there is no way to disprove it so it must be true. *shrugs* One thing that MM should take into consideration when making Legend battles is the ranks and numbers of the non-Legend players that are to be put there and sort them as such. I'm tired of my team having 4 Legends while the other team is full of Legends of a number you can't determine in those crucial fast-paced minutes of battle. And more Legends = a higher chance of having a player with upgraded equipment as well as particular drones that can be battle-deciding. The team that has more Legends are usually the one to win.
-
Most likely, but It was just to show where a tanker can potentially end up. If you're in a group with someone a good number ranks higher than you, you can end up with players that can tap you and still kill you.
-
Wait, seriously? I had assumed you guys saw the first photo. Here it is.
-
New record. I had doubted that @DieselPlatinum saw a 13-rank bracket but I've finally seen it now. The person was using M0 Viking + Gauss. I had witnessed, my teammate StarWhite shooting him with Viking XT + Ricochet XT and the Miracle Fish paint. That stood out to me greatly. A battling a . The Sergeant wasn't even moving his turret.
-
Tweaks to the balance of Overdrives and Gauss, and more
TheCongoSpider replied to theFiringHand in News Archive
By balanced, do you mean obtaining around the same number of score as its Stock counterpart on average? Hunter: Yes Cyclone: Almost yes Uranium: No (it gets more) Remote Rocket Explosives: Yes And why should it be powerful? Why can't it be balanced? I'd say that you'd want a powerful alteration because you're clearly having fun with the turret. I don't want to see more battle-deciding alterations in the game. -
"If you're going to be using Incendiary Band, you use it to burn enemies" - TheCongoSpider after the pet Isida massacre. The way I initially saw Incendiary Band, I had assumed it was for Vulcans that wanted to have an incentive for overheating. They would use the regular damage most of the time and then, if necessary, they'd overheat and deal the damage. But the Firebird rework made it very unappealing to overheat if you didn't have Firebird protection. I had assumed they'd be by themselves and not with an Isida all the time...until it was starting to become abused. I remember the first day it came out. I was in a Sandal battle adn the enemy had an Incendiary Band Vulcan on mammoth. And when you got touched with that for a second, you were marked for death. Its heating rate was 80% of maximum temperature for 1 second of exposure. Meaning you'd receive 8-9 ticks of afterburn damage after being shot by them for 1 second. the guy took first place with a high score. I had remembered seeing an Isida on their team but I don't think it was actively healing the Vulcan. With that few a number of deaths, he probably had the Isida healing him throughout. So with an Isida and the high ignition rate, they could have achieved these scores. Then, they reduced the ignition rate to 20% of maximum temperature per second. With Isida, then then got these results: I had deleted my other Incendiary Band Vulcan-helping screenshots some weeks ago. But it's a good thing I had posted them in the thread already, here they are. Then, they decreased the direct damage by 20%. That still wasn't enough to deter them because afterburn damage itself was a high number and couple that with Vulcan's direct damage, it would melt enemies away very quickly. Its effectiveness on the battle field was heightened by its pet Isida's healing. But along the way, they took away Isida's ability to obtain EXP and score from self-damage. That, as I had witnessed, discouraged Isidas from sticking with the Vulcans. That didn't stop me though, because I knew the damage they could cause. I knew that they could change the outcome of a battle. I sacrificed score, for my team's victory. So Vulcans lost a good bit of their pet Isidas there but they were still doing reat in battles...but then, the unfortunate (for other types of Vulcans as well) happened. The Overheating damage was nerfed. There was no comfortable incentive to overheat now. The incentive could be to finish off that enemy with the little damage you're dealing before they round the corner with your flag but that wasn't promising. Incendiary band Vulcan, in light of this had an incentive - being able to deal afterburn damage which was still strong. But beause of them (and Firebird because of its "rework"), Fox modules had been appearing all over the place so your avenue of their damage became a cul-de-sac more or less. With all those factors considered, they'd been obtaining far less score and no longer top the scorebaord. Players were more willing to go out into the open and be damage because they have Firebird protection and because the Vulcan's damage was so heavily decreased. Their survivability was heightened, much to the dismay of Incendiary Band Vulcans. So is it worth it today? For the number of crystals it costs, yes. If you're self-centred and want the best score possible for you, it isn't. It's still effective at dispersing enemies since that afterburn damage is horrendous if you don't have protection against Firebird. But with Isida's healing statistic decreased, their ability to obtain score from self-damage removed, Vulcan's decreased damage in regular mode and when overheating, and the new fast-paced and unstable gameplay with Overdrives, it's definitely not looking up to Incendiary Band Vulcans. If you're planning on overheating the enemies, know that your Vulcan would be at a disadvantage with regular mode and focus on overheating. It is best used with heavy hulls because when you overheat for 2 seconds as an M2 Vulcan, you'd receive 9 ticks of afterburn damage and if it's upgraded enough, you'd receive 10 ticks. So I always wonder why these Incendiary Band Vulcans (when they're on 30% HP after overheating for so long), stop shooting while overheating and die anyway when they can keep shooting and do afterburn damage to anyone that happens to cross their path before they succumb to the burning. If you're going to die, you might as well be doing damage to anyone unexpectedly passing by. Now let me lighten the mood up a bit. I did calculations somewhere on the forum stating that Vulcan with its direct damage decrease, + the 2 damage buffs Vulcan received recently, would make Incendiary Band Vulcan deal damage very close to what Stock Vulcan did before the 2 buffs. So when you're shooting in regular mode, just think of it as if your Vulcan didn't receive the 2 buffs. Think of it as if it was Stock Vulcan months ago. Hopefully that puts you at ease.
-
Lion.
-
Railgun by itself is good in theory. That reload time (2.7 seconds for M4) is fast. And when used with double damage, it's deadly. And alterations heighten that, especially the two that increase its maximum damage. That's when it's not faced with protections. When faced with high % numbers of protection and high numbers of protection modules, that's when it cripples, but isn't that the case for a lot of turrets? But then you have its alterations, that seemingly increase its overall effectiveness. Such alterations like Shell Destabilisation. Its average damage is increased and it has more room to do even more damage because the increase in maximum damage outweighs the decrease in minimum damage. And that has the same reload statistics of Stock Railgun. And Large Calibre Rounds makes the turret able to one-shot light hulls on equal footing - that sounds a bit unbalanced to me. M4 LCR Railgun reloads in 4 seconds. That's a short time in itself, not counting the increased shot delay. And they seem to take top spots even with many protections against them, because they use Hornet and Viking - Hornet especially. With Hornet, the hindrances that Railgun frequently encountered are no more during multiple 20-second bursts in battles. And if they avoid danger (and the battle continues long enough), they can have that Overdrive available more than 5 times per battle. With Viking, LCR is better than Stock Railgun when used with Viking's Overdrive. It shoots one fewer projectile during the 7-second duration but the damage increase more than makes up for that projectile number decrease. They wipe teams off of the map with that Overdrive. And they save it for the best situations, which is understandable since Viking's Overdrive takes so long to recharge. And now onto Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout" Railguns: I find it worrying that this alteration allows M4 Railgun to reload a shot in less than 1.5 seconds, and then shoot it faster than M4 Thunder's reload time. And then the 40% decrease in the maximum damage. This decrease tightens the damage range by a large margin, similar to Shell Stabilisations damage range. Shell Stabilisation Railguns have a very compact damage range, with at most (at M0), a 22 damage difference. M4 Shell Stabilisation Railguns apparently have 1 number as their minimum and maximum damage which is 1,200. Shell-Stabilisation allows the Railgun user to consistently deal its average damage. But then you have EA"S". This puts the damage range below the avergae damage of the Stock Railgun and more so to the minimum dmaage, but it also increases the firing rate very noticeably. EA"S" Railguns have the ability to take out unprotected medium hulls very quickly but sacrifices the minimal chance to one-shot a medium hull when using double damage. That doesn't seem like a decent trade-off. It sounds like a trade-off in favour of EA"S" Railgun. For "Death Herald" Compulsator, it's basically Stock Railgun but upgraded. If you were knowledgable of the statistics for Railgun, you'd realise that it's objectively better to use ""Death Herald" than Stock Railgun. It's only a 10% increase in the shot delay...not the reload...the shot delay. But ya know, since it boasts the same unsatiable damage range of Stock Railgun so you're not gonna pick that. And lastly, we have Hyperspace Rounds. I looked at the statistics of that when it first came out and it was a blatant upgrade. It's one thing if the damage increases when penetrating enemies but it also increase when it penetrates allies. You just need one ally to be able to one-shot many unprotected (by double armour) hulls. That one ally starts the damage increase at 2x, and when it hits another enemye, that's 4x, and any enemy after that is dead. And that's assuming you only shoot through one ally. When I used Isida and I saw a Hyperspace Railgun on my team, I'd signal him and go i n front of him, but I'd make sure to check the angle of how I am so that I would not be totally blocking his view; the Railgun has to see whom he's shooting after all. And the player would get many kills when he used double damage because I started that damage first push of damage increase. That first push is the most crucial one. And what does Railgun lose when gaining this ability? It loses what little chance it had to one-shot a medium hull of its respective tier and also a decrease in its impact force. The impact force decrease is noticeable but that doesn't stop it from making me go on a detour when I'm heading to my base with their flag. But alas, this alteration is situational while the others are more universal. If you want to make the best of this alteration, you'd need a teammate willing to sacrifice gaining points and valuable stars for your benefit...which is not something you'd get with random players. With LCR, EA"S" and SD, you wouldn't need to depend on your allies for your effectiveness. So Railgun by itself is good but with certain alterations, it becomes an upgrade more or less. And that triggers the number of protection modules there are. It's on of the turrets that can one-shot you from out of nowhere and most times, without warning. I think I made the right decision in buying Falcon over Fox. I encounter more Railguns than I do Firebird and it really helps for my survivability. Although sometimes, it feels like my purchase was a joke when Destabilisation Railgun or a Large Calibre Rounds Railgun still one-shots me when I have protection (Falcon, not double armour). It's good to at least survive a shot and get to cover.
Jump to content










































































