Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Your Opinion about tanki

    But...but...if players are frustrated at Gausses killing them, they'd invest real money or crystals into the cure (Owl) or maybe invest real money or crystals into the disease (Gauss). Generally, I've realised that in the Test Server, when given the right tools, most players pick the disease over the cure.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    Ehhhh...a range buff would make it unique since Isida can only attack one enemy at a time while Firebird and Freeze can attack multiple enemies at once. About the cone angle, I agree. with all these impact turrets, aiming without Broadband Emitters (especially if you're using a high hull like Hunter against a Viking while driving) isn't that good. I do meet Isida + Vikings that keep their aim on their target even when they should be getting thrown all over the place by the Twins, Ricochets and Railguns constantly hitting them. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I tried Support Nanobots in in two battles to see if it's worth playing and I gave up. The first battle, I made 37 score and the second battle, I made 62. I would get killed over and over by these Thunders, Railguns and Twins trying to get to my teammates because it makes no sense attacking enemies when I'm not gonna be able to take off 20% of their HP before I die. When my allies are scattered, I'm almost useless in terms of contributing to the team. I even use the Supplier Drone for more safety but that still doesn't work out. Maybe I'll be put in favourable battles later but for now, I'll keep to Magnum. I think I'll reserve Support Nanobots Isida for the blue team in Assault...and even there, I still get a lot of score in that situation with Magnum + Hornet. It's easier to get score killing players than healing them with Support Nanobots. The most you can really do is get assists by touching them for one tick and going back to healing but if the enemy doesn't die within a certain time frame, then you're not going to get the assist.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Mammoth!

    The dome gives 85% protection, not 75%.
  4. I get targeted by surprisingly accurate Railguns there and then there are the Shafts that see me as an immediate threat. I don't survive long.
  5. All it does is make the enemies unable to act with their Overdrive enabled since they're stunned. You can zap and Overdriven Viking and it wouldn't disable the Overdrive but it would stun the Viking which you can call "blocking".
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Hmmmmm, I think I know what's going on here. I've been experiencing something like this for weeks now but it is for a particular reason. That happens when my hull is like this on an edge: You can't see it but I achieved the rocking thing in that position. Sometimes, it's less intense while others were more intense than that one. It would continuously rock back and forth vertically and it happens when I have many enemies to kill for the benefit of my team's survival. I usually miss but I still hit some players. Is this what you're talking about?
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki Picture of the Day - Have any?

    It's not that visible but I finally caught a cake gold! Came in clutch with a triple kill from a Gauss sniper shot and then that Dictator died from a Firebird's afterburn right before touching it, leaving me with 1 HP to take it.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    What am I missing?

    Brigadier , Major General , Lieutenant General . I love Hornet's drifting. If an enemy makes me turn a full 100 degrees due to impact force, I'll just start to accelerate forward (because I usually drive backwards with my hulls) and turn to be 180 again. It's a great tactic when I want to make a getaway while keeping as much traction as possible. And the Overdrive makes it a great asset to a team. I do wish it was M4 though. Me having 200 HP less than other Hornets really shows itself when going up against those strong turret -alteration combos.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    What am I missing?

    I thought only Isida and Thunder were unlocked at Brigadier?
  10. I don't think it recharges fast enough to be a threat of that level. And you can feign your intentions of going head on to the Mammoth and at the last second, decelerate and the Mammoth would have wasted its Overdrive.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Flawless Gauss battle: Even the Voltage Kit on the enemy team didn't use supplies. I almost died to an M0 Isida Viking combo who knew that I was hiding behind the buildings and tried to assassinate me 4 times. My first potential flawless Gauss game (before the buff) was thwarted by a Wasp that dropped its bomb when I was dropping off of a bridge: Only 6 of those kills were sniper shot kills.
  12. I'll keep using to see what's wrong because something isn't sitting right with this change. I think I noticed an increase but it doesn't feel like a 40% increase in the charging rate. The 5 seconds end really quickly and now, Wasp's bomb has more potential to kill you than deactivate your Overdrive and Hunter's Overdrive is now a hard counter to it instead of a soft counter. And there has been no change to Mammoth' Overdrive charge rate prior to this balance update so I don't see how a 40% faster recharge rate makes it charge 20 seconds slower than how it used to charge. See this post for clarification.
  13. Not useless, it's just less useful. I had a problem when using Mammoth's Overdrive when it was 10 seconds and with the 50% reduction in the duration, it'll be worse and it affects the effectiveness of it.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Gold Boxes!

    The gold box must touch the hit box of a player's hull in order to be caught. This is why you see it going through the turret (half of the tank). Dictator has a large hitbox at the back of the hull (where the height is) that extends (in my opinion) far outside of its visible geometry.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Here are pictures of each Gauss kit available in the shop: M1: M2: M3: They're all so expensive. It makes sense for the M3 version since it's the 2nd most expensive M3 turret but Freeze is more expensive (only by 200 crystals) yet its two kits with Wasp and Viking are 22% less expensive than Gauss' kits with Wasp and Viking, Both of those Gauss kits include expensive paints, but the Boreas Kit costs 701,500 crystals in total of items while the Annihilation Kit costs 1,132,300 crystals in items but only costs $7 more than the Boreas Kit. How do they even price these kits? On individual equipment? On which is more powerful and which is not? All of Gauss' kits are on the expensive end of the M3 kits probably because it's new and the protection module is valuable but...I'm confused.
  16. At those ranks, you still get put with players at a much higher rank than you.
  17. It just looks pathetic when they're being shot from somewhere far and they drop their bomb before they die....in the sight of no enemy. They just do it hoping it kills the player supposedly behind them when there was no one in a 200m radius from them. And it's predictable as well. They drive to you without shooting and then they drop it while you're still running away. I've had many instances where they were driving towards me (I'm reversing) and they drop it while I'm still reversing at full speed. They had bombs to waste and now they'll have some more. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Have they messed up Mammoth's change? If this 40% faster recharge change makes my Overdrive recharge in 2 minutes and 25 seconds, then how the heck did I survive before the change? Something seems off with the charge rate, either that or they didn't word the sentences unambiguously. That 5 seconds is such a tight frame. And this speed increase; I used my Overdrive with the speed boost supply and an M1 Dictator out-paced me. I didn't even notice the big "kick" in the speed of my Mammoth when I activated it, it was barely noticeable.The way it looked, it was as if I were using an M3 Dictator and the enemy was using an M4 Viking + speed boost. After doing some calculations, that Dictator should not have made that distance so quickly. This feels like a massive nerf to me. And now that there are more bombs by Wasps, we're even in more danger of dying to them since by the time they react to our Overdrive by drooping the bomb, we'd only have about 3 seconds left of our Overdrive and the bomb will get us right as it finishes. Happened to me 3 times already.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    Another 5-container opening: 3,500x Crystals x 2 125x Speed Boosts 125x Mines Lime Paint So 4 commons from a 5-container opening, that's rather interesting. Has anyone ever gotten an uncommon off the bat with a 5-container opening?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ares!

    That'll depend on its rank unlock. I didn't expect M2 Gauss to be so cheap, yet there it is, and its statistics match that. I'm predicting that Ares' M1 rank unlock would be , M2 would be either or .
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ares!

    Yeah, that's what I meant by "somewhat". We have something to work with. From how it looks, it doesn't look like it'll weight a lot. And it looks like it may be the fastest heavy hull. That makes sense given its new mechanic.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    After this update, I'm able to actually kill enemies when they're close to the target that I snipe. Although that damage seems to extend rather far. I entered a Sandal RGB and saw this from two successive sniper shots: It's definitely more powerful now and that splash damage fix should prompt users to equip Owl protection. Think of it like shooting a Magnum shot in someone's face. I underestimated the number of kits that would have been available. Especially at M3. There is a kit for Gauss with every M3 hull. And I wonder why they gave this particular kit this title:
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Post here your issues with lags and server instability

    I had trouble loading into my own PRO battle. It would be endlessly loading but if I press Esc and enter, it'll put me back into the lobby. I reloaded the client twice and it went away.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    While recording Mammoth's Overdrive's recharge time, I decided to look around the new Highways map.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Mammoth's Overdrive took about 2 minutes and 25 seconds to charge to 100% without external interactions. Looking back at this post, something seems wrong.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    See, I knew the splash damage for Gauss was off. Good to know that it wasn't intended.
×
×
  • Create New...