Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Vulcan!

    Those two damage boosts it received really helped. I have it M2 (M1 10/10) at and it does really good if the enemy is unprotected (like all turrets, really). I use it with Mammoth so that I can withstand enough damage to finish off the enemy. About Vulcan's kills getting stolen: Yeah, this happens, but not often enough for me to complain about it. other turrets take HP off in chunks while Vulcan does it smoothly. Perfect timing (impossible to voluntarily do, it just happens) will allow your smooth damage to take the kill from an ally or enemy using a chunk-damage turret. And I expect my kills to be taken so what I do is when I'm about to die by a group of enemies, I'll sray all of them to makie sure I get a damage number on them so that I can get 5 points (and some Overdrive charge) for an assist. Vulcan is the best turret for "tagging" players to obtain assists. Vulcan with Viking's Overdrive is indeed a joke but it's good when the enemies are grouped up and unprotected (which is rare unless an ally Hunter EMPs them). If you're attacking a medium hull (with double armour enabled) that is outside of your maximum damage range, it may take almost your entire Overdrive to kill them (if they use a repair kit). I find that Vulcan should get maybe 5x damage boost. It requires constant interaction with the enemy to deal the damage with Vulcan so if your aim is being knocked off, you can get it back on the enemy but it'll be wobbly and you'd be missing out on even more damage. If we're going by unlock rank, then you're talking about its 3rd alteration Shooting Speed Regulator. I don't like the idea of my damage being reduced constantly but that spin-up time decrease is heavenly. I constantly use Reinforced Aiming Transmission on my Vulcan because I can't stand players circling me and I can't do anything about it. That alteration gives me a chance to defend myself. The vertical auto-aim decrease is rather noticeable though. I know my limits and it usually taunts me when the enemy gets out of my auto-aim range but I still love using it. On a good day, I can achieve scores like these: Note that that is paired with Mammoth. Not all of those kills were by my Vulcan.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ares!

    They said that it's a heavy hull so that already (somewhat) answers the first two questions. They also said that it slides to the side instead of turning. That's gonna be rather hard to maneuver. Maybe they'll give it the option to rotate the hull when it's stationary.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    And before the English Wiki gets overwritten with the changes, I calculated Gauss' average sniping damage before the change and after the change. Gauss still has the same average damage as it did before but since the damage range is wider, you can either be lucky or unlucky. It was more like a Shell Stabilisation Railgun but now it's like a Stock Railgun. I feel like that should have been an alteration. Keep the tight damage range and then put an alteration that increases the maximum sniping damage and lowers the minimum sniping damage but keeping the average damage the same, just like they did here with the change. Ah well, maybe they can do it the other way around as an alteration.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Is that really all you saw in Hornet's Overdrive? Darn. Players don't seem observant of the mechanics around them or aren't willing to do research. At least you know now (from Benefactor) that Hornet's Overdrive removes all enemy protections (including Titan's dome) only for yourself.
  5. Well from my experiences, they seem like they're all there. I play on 4 different accounts to complete missions so that is 4 separate chances to see the maps that I didn't get on the previous account. I don't get all but from my memory or recent days, I seem to get Yorkshire, Year 2042, Bobruisk, Wolfenstein, Forest and Alexandrovsk more frequently than the others when playing on those accounts but I still believe my assumption is what happens. Tell you what, if this topic doesn't get closed in the next few days, I'll record the number of times I got each map in modes excluding Juggernaut.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    I don't see Gauss Product Kits on the Russian WIki so I'm going to predict the hull combos using its price and unlock ranks: M1 Gauss + Hornet Gauss + Viking Gauss + Dictator M2 Gauss + Dictator Gauss + Hornet Gauss + Hunter (this one might be a stretch) M3 Gauss + Viking Gauss + Titan Gauss + Hunter
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Its upward auto-aim is 7 degrees (very small) and its downward auto-aim is 10 degrees (not really small considering that Shaft has a lower number for this (apparently)).
  8. Seriously? I've played it at least once on all 4 of my accounts. In total, I'd say I got placed there about 10 times in total. And I'm almost 100% sure all maps are randomised. I'd say the cause of you not getting into particular maps is just by sheer chance. To visualise it, you can imagine that you're on a line and that line bends to a particular map every time you press continue or queue into another mode. Say you're with a particular group of tanks. You queue by pressing (Continue) and your line may go to a map with that same group but instead, it gets put with another group in a map that you already experienced. If I don't see a map for a while, I just assume it's that because with the number of maps/players/game modes there are, it's the most reasonable assumption.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    Are you sure you don't get anything else but commons and/or repair kits? At least post some of the above-common-rarity things you've gotten...if you got any, that is.
  10. Gauss: Interesting. They increased the damage spread by a lot. I assumed that the tight damage spread was something unique to Gauss. And all of those buffs will make it a better contributor on the battlefield but is it too much? We'll see. Isida: I anticipated this and it is a welcome one. It may just put me back in the mood to be a Support Nanobots Isida again. Mammoth: Yeesh! This was not expected by me at all. 5 seconds is a small time to work with but that frequency change will be very noticeable. And thinking about it, Mammoths with the Driver drone at a nicely-upgraded level will have many Overdrives to use. Wasp: At least Mammoth's hard counter got a buff, although the Wasps wouldn't have as many bombs ready as the Mammoths will have their AT-Fields. We'll see how this plays out. I expect to see many more Mammoths and I even expect to see many players complaining that they ruined Mammoth. The way it was phrased, it sounded like a buff - an increase in the charging rate would mean an increase in the % number of the charge every 30 seconds. If they said "an increase in the charging time", then it would sound like a nerf as the overall time to reach 100% would be increased and therefore accumulate slower.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    While this is only a 10-rank bracket (as compared to a 11 or 12-rank bracket), I think it's safe to say that a Master Corporal shouldn't be playing with Warrant Officer 5s.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    I can't stop thinking about Tanki missing the opportunity to draw an owl on one of Gauss' ears so it can symbolise its protection module...
  13. Right before I started seeing a sharp increase in Magnum protections after the buff, I dominated in battles. I barely went against enemies with protection against me in that short time and I produced great results. After that short time, I saw Magnum protection littered around in battles whether it was on my team or the enemies' team. Immediately, my efficiency went down because I wasn't able to cause enough damage to kill them or assist my team in stopping pushes so my team can win that CTF battle. What made me dominate again? Hornet's Overdrive, that's what. It ignored protections and for 20 seconds, it brought me back into the days where there weren't as many Magnum protections around. With it, I was able to stop large pushes or a pesky enemy that was detrimental to my team's success. And it's important to know the type of Magnum I'm using because... ...I use a Reinforced Gun Carriage Magnum as seen in the photos. I don't use vertical aiming, I use horizontal aiming. The only M3 hulls I have are Hornet, Hunter and Titan. I'm not going to use Titan with RGC Magnum because I can't stay in my base and shoot enemies with that; I can do that with vertical-aiming Magnums. Now most of my experience with this alteration was before the...change to it. I'm not sure if that was a nerf or a buff. I was able to shoot far but with the 2-degree decrease, my range has been reduced. So I had to get comfortable with the decrease and now, I know how to maneuver the hull to get to different targets. I had used this alteration mostly with Hunter back when it had a 5-degree elevation. It produced good results because not many players used Magnum protection back then (from what I've experienced). I tried it with Titan and it ddin't produce good results because it was slow and I missed out a lot of action. So I realised it needed speed, but I didn't want to sacrifice so much HP for speed by using Hornet. I caved and put it on my Hornet, got the feel of it and then started to do great with it. RGC Magnum requires you to get in closer to the enemy. Using a light or medium hull is recommended. My Hornet is 4/20, which translates to 1,812 HP. That's almost 200 HP less than the M4 light hulls frequently face. That 200 HP is enough to withstand getting one-shotted by a LCR or Round Destabilisation Railgun. That also translates to 1 less Sledgehammer Thunder shot I can endure; to me being possibly one-shotted by a Stock M4 Striker, and those numbers increase when I'm wearing double armour. In small maps, I die frequently but because many players use double damage when they spawn, I'm able to get a kill before I die and possibly spawn somewhere safer. Legend players use so many things that can one-shot me or kill me without me fighting back. So I'm taking a risk by using something with relatively less HP. And that risk...is worth, thanks to its Overdrive. You say that my "saving grace" was Magnum. Yeah, it's powerful with that reload...if you get it to 100% velocity and actually hit the target. Not all targets require 100% velocity shots, especially when you're using a Reinforced Gun Carriage Magnum. The decreased projectile gravitation along with a fixed angle of elevation require different %s for different enemies in different positions and platforms. In many cases, if I were to fire a 100% velocity shot, I'd miss the target totally and not even do splash damage. And then we have my Magnum's damage. My Magnum's average damage is 1598 damage, yet I hit below 1,500 many times. My average damage is enough to take off about 55% of an M4 medium hull's HP. That is both of us on equal footing. Now if I use double damage, there is supposed to be a good chance that I one-shot them. But as you know, it's Legend battles and everyone is using supplies. So it's not often that I'd see many enemies unprotected. So if I were to be hitting players with double armour enabled, I wouldn't one-shot them. I'd take away half of their health. So where does my high score come from? It comes from Hornet's Overdrive. I make sure to activate it where I'm safe and I get many kills, sometimes I take out both enemies who are fighting each other at melee range with one shot. I use it with double damage because that's how you get the most out of Hornet's Overdrive. Magnum protections are becoming more common and they will be nullified when I have my Overdrive active. Sure, the majority of my kills are from non-Overdriven shots but that's because Hornet's Overdrive lasts only 20 seconds. I get about 3 per game. That's only a minute of Overdrive in a 6-7 minute battle. If I were to just use Magnum without the Overdrive. I wouldn't be getting good scores. I'd have a hard time dealing with protection modules. All turrets are powerful when not faced against protection. And they're each powerful in their own way. Thunder with being able to send strong projectiles quickly; Smoky, the same way; LCR Railguns, Magnums and Shafts being able to send one powerful shot, Vulcan being able to rip through their HP steadily but surely, Hammer taking their enemies' HP by large chunks etc. Yes, I've been seeing an overload of Vikings, Titans and Hunters. I do see light hulls but yes, the majority are medium hulls. In the Legend ranks, you'd see more Hornets than Wasps as opposed to seeing more Wasps than Hornets in the lower ranks. And why do you think they use the 1 to 2-shot turrets with Hornet? How is it pointless? If you just looked around a corner and see an enemy driving away after a confrontation, you would know what happened there? No, you wouldn't. You can have an idea of what took place but you'll never fully know unless you have all the details and that is what Hornet's Overdrive does: give you the details as the the result of the confrontation. How would you know if the guy has almost full health or not. You could sneak up behind the person and shoot a powerful shot, yet it didn't kill him, and then he turns around and sends you to a spawn point. There are many things that I pay attention (or HAVE to pay attention) to in these DM battles. I have to pay attention to who is using what; how much of a threat are they to me?; do I have protection again them?; where are they in the map now?; how will I survive an encounter with them?; Did they change their turret or hull?; which protection modules do they have now?; how many of each turret are there in the battle?; what drones do the enemies have equipped?; what alterations do they have equipped? All of those questions I ask myself and I'm observant of each player. I make sure to look at the killfeed every chance I get. I take risks given the limited knowledge I know of a confrontation that took near me but out of sight. Hornet's Overdrive doesn't answer those questions but it makes it easier for me to make the right choices as I have insight on where they are as well as their remaining HP. When you're using particular turrets, it's important to know its damage when used with double damage so that you can make the right choices in who you're going to assault. My damage range is more than 1,000 damage wide. I take a risk every time i directly hit someone from the front or behind. With Hornet's Overdrive, I can more safely make the right decisions that will sustain my life longer and also make the most out of the Overdrive. About that not being able to see thing, I've been killed because of that by particular turrets. I would be looking straight forward and see a Viking + some turret. I would take aim and by the time I'm about to shoot, it kills me with its Railgun. So that's why I make sure to look at the killfeed regularly so when I see the player's name, I'll instantly know what turret they'd be using at that time and how to react to it. Other times, the death could be unavoidable. If they'r eon a higher elevation, the symbol can cover their entire tank and you wouldn't know if you're shooting a light hull or a heavy hull. It wouldn't mean that it's invincible, but it would mean that its survivability would be heightened while its fellow light hull, Wasp, would be as visually tangible as ever. Invisibility would make Hornet's Overdrive way better than Wasp's Overdrive. Exxxxxxactly. If you even know where it is. Why should there be extra effort to locate something already as swift as Hornet? They can hide behind buildings and then pick off enemies safely you're not going to notice that thing that Thunder and Smoky does when they shoot. It'll be far away and it would be constantly moving. This is almost guaranteeing the Hornet lives until its Overdrive finishes. Why should it not be as killable as the others? It already ignores ALL protections, including Titan's dome for crying out loud! Having it go invisible just adds extra uncertainty and paranoia in battles. How can you fight something you can't see. And what if the enemy doesn't have a Hornet? What if one team uses its Hornet's Overdrive and the other team's Hornet's Overdrive isn't ready yet? And what are the chances that an invisible Hornet that ignores all protections would attack close to an enemy Hunter? Especially if they are using a mid-long range turret. The turrets that require you to get in close and personal can kill the Hunter before it reacts with its Overdrive. Invisibility is too powerful and unfair for the other hulls. Hornet's Overdrive already has the fastest recharge time. Yes, it is still a great combo. And I see them shredding through enemies' HP with their Overdrive. Freeze itself is powerful now and if you're unprotected, you're going to die if it touches you from behind and there are no teammates for you to get helped by.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    HOT NEWS! Gauss Turret Released!

    You were unprotected. Each modification of Gauss is able to one-shot an unprotected medium hull of that same modification when used with double damage. If you had double armour enabled, then a Hornet who had its Overdrive active used double damage and one-shotted you.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Viking isn't the only hull you can use EA"S" Railgun on. And M4 Accelerator "Scout" Railguns shoot a projectile every 2.18 seconds which is faster than M4 Thunder's reload time...wow.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Yes, that's what the "explosion impact force" parameter does. All splash damage turrets have this parameter, but it is more pronounced on Gauss and Magnum and it is a defining feature of Gauss. I got invited to a Silence battle where someone was dropping golds. One of them was dropping near one of the three ramps on the left side of the blue base. I locked on to a Wasp that was ahead just ahead of the others and when I shot, the players behind the Wasp got pushed back . Someone had cursed me in the chat when that happened. :P
  17. TheCongoSpider

    HOT NEWS! Gauss Turret Released!

    This is not always a good idea to do with Gauss. First things first, its auto-aim. It has the smallest auto-aim of all turrets in the game which is tied with Railgun's auto-aim numbers. Now, Railgun's projectile is an instant hit. Gauss' arcade projectile isn't an instant hit but basically works the same way. That doesn't translate to its sniping mode mechanic. You have to lock on to the enemy and the best way to do that is to do that is to sit still. Now, I'm not doubting that you've used Gauss in MM battles but looking at the account you're posting on, you've used it for 1.1 hours and you've earned 0 EXP with it which makes me assume that you used it in Parkour battles. Striker has better up and down auto-aim numbers. It can afford to move and lock-on. What makes it even more affordable? A laser. Gauss not having a laser isn't a flawless "upgrade". It has a drawback: harder aiming because you have no laser to guide you. Couple that with decreased auto-aim numbers, and you'll find yourself having a bad combination for moving while aiming if the enemy is lower or (worse yet) above you. If you're shooting it from afar, it is worse since the enemy is smaller and you have to look even closer to line up your turret's snout on them. Viking + Gauss: For aiming and shooting on level ground, this is the best combination. Dictator + Gauss: For aiming and shooting on level ground, this is the worst combination. \ I use my M1 Gauss on Dictator the most. The extra height is compensation for its horrid upwards auto-aim, but not so good for its downward auto-aim. I've tried to aim and shoot with it but that does not work out. Most times, I would have to stay completely still. And you know how the tanks rock forward and backwards when you accelerate in both directions? Well that's even worse with Dictator since that pushes up the auto-aim cone angle which makes driving and aiming less desirable and rewarding, and this is not even factoring in the enemy noticing you or shooting you with high-impact force turrets. Sure, Viking's low profile allows it to be the best at aiming and driving but when that starts to get hit with strong impact force frequently, just hope you can still aim.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Hmm? How so?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Gauss should be given the ability to one-shot a light hull on equal footing in the lower modifications since that sniping shot reload is heavy in the lower tiers. The sniping damage range becomes wider as you progress throughout the tiers. Being able to one-shot light hulls without double damage makes it able to one-shot heavy hulls with double damage. So to be safe, I would increase the sniping mode damage to figures where you'd have to hit above the average damage to one-shot the light hull and just increase the higher tiers' figures to deal significant damage against them, say...1,900 for the most at M4. I tried to create figures but there were too many things to factor in.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Isida just gets a damage boost that seems to be equal to about 3x damage. I had tested this in a parkour battle a week or two prior. I'm not sure if it gets a range increase like Firebird and Freeze get because every Overdriven Isida I encountered were up on me. I can't pinpoint Thunder's damage boost but yesterday, my Hunter with 2541 health and 27% Thunder protection had 50% of its health taken away by one shot from a (visually) M2 Thunder (without double damage) using Viking's Overdrive. That seems like a 2x increase assuming that the Thunder was M2 10/10. Stock Thunder is able to shot 12 shots in those 7 seconds with a 2x increase in damage.
  21. And that is why I hate that Wasps seem to target me when I'm Mammoth. Instead of dropping it on a group of my allies, they drop it solely on me. They seem to have an innate prejudice against me because I'm using a Mammoth. It's probably because I'm slow. Is it because I'm slow? It's probably because I'm slow. But no biggie, I get to mow them down with Vulcan because they keep throwing themselves on me.
  22. Wasp was able to deactivate Mammoth's Overdrive since its first buff after the Cosmonautics Day celebrations. Here is the link to the patch notes.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I'm peeved by the Thunder discrepancy. Sledgehammer Thunder is already the most prominent Thunder alteration and it receives a boost while the other alteration that has a (very close I might add) reload decrease as well doesn't get a boost. And then you have that Autocannon nonsense. They said in a V-Log that it would be reverted to Stock Smoky when using Viking's Overdrive. I remember the very scene where they said it. They were playing with Viking + Autocannon Smoky in a Polygon MM battle on the left side of the Blue base. But look at that, it still deals 85% less damage and even shoots 2 fewer projectiles. They're not consistent and all of these different mechanics have different outcomes on a FIXED platform (Viking's Overdrive's boost). I'm rather disappointed.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    No no no, I didn't (couldn't) buy it at M2. I was just saying that since the statistics change from M2 to M3 is high, upgrading it to M2 10/10 is desirable if you want better results. And the only Gauss I have is the M1 version and it's currently M1 9/10 going on 10. Yes, I upgraded and sped up the process during the MU sale. I had many gold boxes I dropped for myself to increase my budget. It was mainly to see how good M2 Gauss is three ranks before its M2 modification unlocked. It's not really that good. It's fun to play but I get better scores with Vulcan.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    How many upgrades does your Gauss have? Its statistics at M2 are relatively low, hence the low price at the M2 modification. Having it at M2 10/10 is great...but mainly for the arcade shots, not really the sniper shots.
×
×
  • Create New...