Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ricochet!

    Ask @Bydo. I only see him using Ricochet + Hornet in battles, even in a lot of his screenshots he's using it.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    Hmm, look at that, mine is also 16/20. It heals fast and the score increase for healing is definitely helping. I actully played a few games as a pet Isida (in a group) and it was successful for both him and me. If you're a defender... recommend it only if there are other defenders with you. SInce Isida protection isn't that common, the damage from your Isida is crucial in taking down enemies that are retreating fast. JUst know that you're at the mercy of your team when you use Support Nanobots. Anyone with double armour + protection against you automatically wins the duel because M4 Nanobots Isida against double armour + 50% protection will only deal 1,500 damage for the entire energy tank. That's assuming you miss no ticks of damage and the enemy isn't wearing a drone to decrease the damage. That doesn't mean that you wouldn't get kills but if you do, it's mostly kill steals or the player happened to be on low health. I'm seeing attacking Isidas that don't heal their allies. It's demotivating to see a soldier with medical prowess pass an injured player to go shotgun the enemies.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Hornet!

    If I were to be having fun with Adaptive Reload, I'd want them to see how fun it is as well but I'd also want them to stay with Duplet because they'd just advertise the heck out of the alteration and then it would become "the new thing in stock" after Duplet goes into the ground. If they jump on Hornet, the'll get frustrated at being one-shotted by everything if they don't have suitable protection. :lol: And how are you one-shotting heavy hulls? Are you using the Booster Drone or were the heavy hulls at half HP?
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Twins!

    You'd be surprised.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Twins!

    Well that's how it was before the splash damage was added. They wanted to curb that so they added splash damage to discourage it and put an alteration to remove the implemented splash damage. Everyone just bought the alteration and used it like the former Twins.
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I know that. But I had thought that the Overdrive would allow Mammoth to damage enemies that are 7 metres off of every part of the hull itself (in all directions), but it's just 7 metres away from where the animation is (more to the front of the hull). That's kind of a theoretical let-down for me but if that was the constraints they needed to make it simple then so be it.
  7. Gameplay X works for Game A, therefore Gameplay X must work for Game B. That's what I'm getting from what you said. Just because something works for some games doesn't mean it's guaranteed to work for others. Well then they'd just be multing in lower rank battles. That's hurting children instead of hurting adults and/or adolescents. Mults aren't reduced to only players using low-tier equipment in high-tier battles. They can have high-tier equipment and still mult. They just...mult with more efficiency when they use lower-tier equipment.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Twins!

    I would choose that alteration as well. Hits pretty far and I can disrupt their balance from further away, not to mention splash damage as well.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Twins!

    I'm wondering why it's a big mistake though. Is Stock Twins not good enough? I like the idea of splash damage for an infinitely-shooting turret. I see many instances where Stock Twins would prevail over Stable Plasma Twins. What exactly was your reason for buying the alteration? What motivated you to buy the alteration?
  10. TheCongoSpider

    What am I missing?

    M4 Destabilisation Railgun has the potential to one-shot an M3 0/20 Titan with 35% Railgun protection. It's a miniscule chance but its a chance nonetheless.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Another disadvantage is not having a laser. With no laser to guide you, you wouldn't know where you're aiming in those tense situations. When the enemy is far away, you have to rely on the reticle to see if you're targeting them or not. It's even worse when an ally Hornet's Overdrive is active. The icon can be blocking a wall that you think isn't there and you wouldn't be targeting them. The other (minor) disadvantage is that the arcade shots are not instant like Thunder's or Smoky's. You have to actually predict where the enemy will be if they are far away or at mid-range.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    As I had suspected, Mammoth's Overdrive's range isn't from the hull itself, it's from the animation of it. That explains why they get damage faster from the side than from the back. Range from the side: Back: Front:
  13. TheCongoSpider

    What to do when Flash goes away

    I always wondered why games do this. The mobile game I played would have these kinds of screenshots showing data that isn't reflective of how it is in-game. It kind of peeved me how inaccurate it was but I guess they have their reasons for doing it. It was more obvious with the Thunder and Dictator stats but I feel as if they could have used the repair kit with its description instead of double armour with repair kit's description.
  14. It's sometimes insufferable in the low ranks because Wasps seem to heavily outnumber Hornets there. From what I've seen, it's rather upsetting to see Wasps that don't turn their turret run up to you (while you're still reversing) and drop their bomb to hit absolutely nothing. Another is them shooting at you and then they stop shooting you (while you're looking at them) and drop their bomb when they reach close to hit absolutely nothing. It looks brainless, to be honest. I am glad that players in the high ranks are more aware of their surroundings to knwo where and when to use the bomb.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Gauss also has better splash damage distribution within the range of the initial hit. Gauss is able to retain 90% of its damage up to a maximum of 12 metres away from the spot. Magnum is able to retain 90% of its damage up to a maximum of 6 metres away from the spot. Just thought I'd mention that.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    There is no range limit. And it only cancels the enemies' double armour and protection module against the turret you're using. It would work just like a Gauss with any other hull works. It's just that it would ignore the protections. Its arcade shots have a minimum and maximum damage range. So if you're planning on shooting it from afar with Hornet's Overdrive, utilise the sniping shots.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Episode 214 of the V-LOG is live!

    I made sure to check to see if my name appeared on the site after I took a cake gold. it never showed.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    I was referring to the post of you replying to that 2015 post about Athens reaching Warrant Officer 3 using XP. He mentions "skill" being visually a big part of "scent" XP/BP battles.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    1st single openings: 125x Repair Kits x 2 100 Of All Supplies 2nd single openings: 125x Double Damages x 3 Twins Shot Effect (Coral Reef)
  20. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Please, you obviously haven't played a "scent" match.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Smoky!

    Had a DM battle where there were 3 Autocannon Smokies and 1 Stock Smoky. It was torture. One of the Autocannon Smokies came first.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    ★ Tanki Online Wiki Hub ★

    Whaaaaaaaat? I remembered them saying in a past V-Log that they were introducing this mechanic but I can't remember seeing it since. I had always thought that they silently cancelled this because I've been an Isida behind players being hit with Firebird and Freeze and I take damage. I'll test this out. Magnum's maximum splash damage range is 21 metres and not 20. The average splash damage range is 6 metres and not 5. Railgun's full reload statistic hasn't been updated. The full reload should be: M1: 4.865 M2: 4.6 M3: 4.124 M4: 3.7
  23. TheCongoSpider

    What am I missing?

    I found that it benefitted mid-range turrets and Railgun the most. Edit: And Reinforced Gun Carriage Magnums.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    I feel like a preying mantis when I'm in sniper mode. That thought actually makes it more enjoyable to play with Gauss.
×
×
  • Create New...