Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Drones!

    Drones aren't a necessity at your rank but they help once they're upgraded enough. At your rank, you should have access to 7 drones. If you do decide you would like to use a drone, you can choose which one would suit your playstyle. My first drone was the Mechanic Drone because rather than attack, I loved to stick by my teammates and help them out. I would stick to upgrading my turret and hull combinations and buy drones when I have crystals to spare in the future if I were you. A high stock of batteries is a must. If you have over 500, then you can even consider buying a drone. Because having a drone is an upgrade and knowing you have an upgrade sitting write there is bound to tempt you into using it which will suck out your batteries.
  2. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    After playing with it some more, I can say that the thrill of using this turret is killing players with the sniper shot. From what I'm gathering, aiming is a pain when the enemy is far away and there are obstacles. You have no laser so you have to use your turret's barrel and the reticle that appears to know whether or not you're on target. Gauss' vertical auto-aim is...I wouldn't say that it's poor but it definitely shows itself when the enemy is above you. It has the lowest degree number of auto-aim up of any turret at 7 degrees. That's two degrees lower than the medium turrets' vertical auto-aim up which is 9 degrees. I use it with Dictator mostly and I realise that even with the height boost, I'm still not able to lock on to the enemies without rocking my hull. And when I rock my hull, I fill about 15% of the meter each time which is wasting time. While at someone's rank up, I observed how exactly I could use the turret's barrel to aim and I noticed this: That lower part of the Wasp isn't even in my 10 degree vertical downwards auto-aim. In battles, I found that I lost the target easily because of this. They'd go to a slightly higher elevation and I can't get to them. From the battles I've played, the reload time after a sniping shot needs to be decreased by a reasonable portion at M0 and reduced less in the higher tiers. I was against this but it may be needed - the sniping damage should allow for it to one-shot a light hull when they're both on equal footing. However, this should be for a lucky shot. Gauss' sniping mode damage ranges are tight. I was thinking for M4 Gauss, the average damage should be 1,900 so that only a lucky shot would be able to kill the M4 light hull, otherwise, it would take out a significant portion of the light hull's health. The arcade shots seem fine as it is. Positive things about this turret: I love the impact force of the shockwave from the sniping shot. I almost made a Wasp Isida slide off of a bridge and today, I made a Viking Thunder slide off the bridge. I even moved the Juggernaut (not considerably but it was noticeable). I think that aspect is a notable feature for Gauss. Its splash damage range is quite...interesting. I often don't have to worry about self-damage when using this turret. Since its weak splash damage (for arcade shots) is 25%, that's not a lot of health you're losing if your within that weak splash damage range. For sniping shots, its damage is reduced by 50% when the target is between 2m and 5m, then the damage will be linear from 100% to 50% depending on the range of the target between those numbers. If it is between 5m and 20m, then its damage will be linear from 50% down to a measly 5% depending on the range of the target between those numbers. Now those don't look like great figures to me but it's a sniper with splash damage. Shaft is a sniper with no splash damage so it can't damage multiple enemies at once (and because of that, it can't kill multiple enemies at once). Its impact force for arcade shots is on par with Smoky's impact force. I can see this turret being tweaked in a matter of weeks. I do hope it comes with a buff in sniping damage as well as maybe a buff in its upwards vertical auto-aim. And if those changes come with a nerf as well, then I hope it's not too drastic. I applaud Tanki for not making this turret overpowered like Firebird was with its last rework.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Juggernaut

    I was going to show the effects of an M2 player as the Juggernaut against M1 players until I noticed something rather peculiar in this battle. More than half of the players were stationary and all except one were Second Lieutenants . Is this a new type of hack? If not, is this what players have come to just to win or was this guy just lucky to be the Juggernaut in this battle? Edit: Oh, and at the end, when players were leaving, only 5 had left before I left. I stayed to take the screenshot and only 5 players in that time left and those 5 players were the ones with kills and sede_PRO.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    They're way too common for my liking.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Missions!

    The Missions System:
  6. TheCongoSpider

    A Decade of Tanki Online!

    I would have caught this gold if I had considered that the battle wasn't in space mode.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    Man, it really sucks to blast an unprotected hull in its face and see this: This happens so often, I'm wondering if there is code in place to make me not able to one-shot people at times.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Matchmaking

    This ASL battle had many things: Truly enjoyable.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Drones!

    Yes, I run into this problem as well but it's with Legends and/or players between General and Generalissimo. Some of them see the drone and stop before taking the supply so I could take it. They are observant. I blame the duration of MM battles for the lack of observation taken by allies and/or enemies. Everything is out to get you (even your own teammates e.g. trolls and mults). Your objective is to kill, capture a flag, kill, capture a point, kill, defend a point, kill, score a touchdown, or kill. Anything else takes second priority, and that includes observing which drones allies (and probably even enemies) are using. I make sure to look at what drones my allies have because I know how impactful certain drones are. If I see a Supplier or Engineer Drone on an ally, I would let them take it so that both of use get the effect. And when that effect wears off, I would be able to use that supply immediately since I didn't have to manually use it before. If I see an enemy with the Booster Drone, I would run away and try to kill them from far. If I'm suing Isida, I would try to kill them so that only I will be affected by the blast and not potentially 3 of my grouped teammates if the player had killed me. This may also be happening because they have the "Show other drones" option in their settings deactivated. I had expressed my want for yearning for an indicator of your allies' drones so that players can make useful judgments that can turn the tide of battle. But are they aware of this? No. They may have had their "Show other drones" option off so to them, no one is using a drone. So in your eyes, they're making the team lose but in their eyes, their team just loses because of team being underequipped/underefficient.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    That is because of the small increase in statistics between M1 and M2 Gauss. This also reflects its price for the M2 modification which is cheap.
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Overdrive nicknames

    Wasp - Nuclear Reactor Hornet - Rehabilitation Hunter - Shock Therapy Viking - Valhalla's Call Dictator - The Provider Titan - The Invasive Biome Mammoth - The Endangered's Last Stand
  12. TheCongoSpider

    HOT NEWS! Gauss Turret Released!

    Beautiful analogy. I realise that when I play with it, I don't dominate with it. If I'm playing with Vulcan, then I do a lot better. The thing this has over Vulcan for me is that it's much more fun to play with. The average sniping damage is able to one-shot an unprotected medium hull when used with double damage. That's great on its own, but yeah, I think it should have a bit more damage as well as a reduction in the sniping shot reload. I bought it at M1 and the increase in the statistics form M1 to M2 is small. I don't expect to have much of an advantage over others. Was it worth the crystals? Probably not but it's great in particular game modes like CP and ASL (Red team).
  13. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    I saw someone report something similar to this on the chat after the server update.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Questions & Answers - FAQ - Tanki Online Forum

    The Badger module increases the amount of time it takes for you teach reach the minimum temperature (completely frozen with only 10% of your movement speed). Since it increases it, you will have more time to fight back against it before it freezes you shut.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    That's one of the things I love about playing with Titan. I like to live life in Tanki slowly sometimes.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Freeze!

    Yes, it makes sense. Upgrading the modules will increase the time it takes to get to the maximum and minimum temperature so you can fight back longer against a Firebird and get in more shots on a Freeze before you're frozen. And that the Protection modules decrease the turrets' direct damage. That's where the threat comes from.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Freeze!

    It used to, but not anymore. Back when it was 10%, it still looked horrible on paper yet it seemed very effective. I went up against many Freezes that did away with their enemies and topped the scoreboards in DM and team battles many times (mostly DM battles). I didn't see how 10% compensated for losing out on the freezing effect but it apparently did. And apparently, it was too strong so they reduced the damage increase to 5%. That makes it even more unappealing to me. I'd rather use Stock Freeze. I see some in Legend battles and they do very well. I just think that that score can also be achieved by a Stock Freeze as well. Yeah, that should last you, although it would be better to use your turrets that are upgraded further.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    Well it's classed as a long-range weapon but I think it's more appropriate to compare it to mid-range turrets since that's where most of its mechanics come from.
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Gauss!

    I was just about to say this. Took the screenshots and all.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Magnum!

    I've been pondering on this for days now. I'm wondering if the charging increase and the reload time increase compared to Stock Magnum when shooting at different velocities is linear. Because with Stock M4 magnum, you'd take 5 seconds at least to shoot two shots. With AGLM Magnum, that time is reduced to 4.4 seconds. I'm wondering if AGLM Magnum keeps this advantage over Stock Magnum no matter the velocity between 0 and 100.
  21. Yes, Falcon is for Railgun.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    The stupidest sight in tanki today

    Knowing when to use the sniping shot and the arcade shots is very important.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Ricochet!

    That Titian Ricochet up there camped (where andrey_BR is) with Minus-Field Stabilisation and had a 15 killstreak before he died. He mined there and racked up kills when we were trying to defend assaults. It sucks when you're helpless against something like that.
×
×
  • Create New...