-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I achieved a new personal record: 12-rank bracket.
-
Ahh, there's nothing like the sight of your premium expiring whilst your teammates are leaving and you're being bullied by a Freeze Hunter.
-
Just hope that it's not a common thing. And when did you see this? Just now? This morning? If it was just now, then that's expected since there are less players online and queuing at that time, which would extent the rank brackets.
-
First Hornet Prime spotted. Took me all game to get a screenshot and that's the best I could have gotten.
-
Are you talking about this nerf? It is still great Statistics-wise, it's able to one-shot light hulls with one shot. Its impact force is formidable and you'd have it at a rank where not many are prepared (HP wise) to take it on. And then you have an Overdrive that can disable the enemies' supplies and you can pick them off from there. Are you sure that you would like to use Hammer? If
-
All are single openings. 125x Double Armours 3,500x Crystals x 2 125x Repair Kits x 2 250 Of All Supples
-
I was thinking of buying Hornet so that I could use its Overdrive to my Vulcan's advantage but I know that my aim will be everywhere but the enemy if a Twins, Ricochet, Hammer or Smoky is shooting me. It wouldn't be worth it for the lack of stability. And Vulcan's decreased gyroscopic ability makes it harder to keep aim. I have bought both M1 Hunter and Dictator during the sale to go with Vulcan. I was stringing my brain trying to choose between them but I decided to buy both so I can either utilise Hunter's Overdrive to cap flags and more mobility than Mammoth or utilise Dictator's higher % charge of Overdrive per kill and more mobility. I decided to buy both since I had the crystals. If I stun many medium hulls, I'm goign to take down one of them before the others become unfrozen and deal with me. I also chose Dictator as I like to help my teammates out even if I'm not using Isida. I try Vulcan with Viking's Overdrive once in a while and I don't like it. It's definitely less efficient than the other turrets sans the melee turrets (because of the range difference). And even then when it's doing good damage, there is this thing here you'd have to stop firing and then activate the Overdrive since it doesn't actually reload your energy bar when you activate it while you're shooting it. If you do it close to the end of your energy gauge, you'd see that you'd be doing the 75% less damage when the rest of the "refilled energy" depletes without you noticing. When the enemies have protection, you can spend your entire Overdrive trying to kill that one player. They're moving and they sometimes move perpendicular to you. And given Vulcan's rotation mechanic, it's not well for that. Spent 5 seconds of my overdrive trying to take down an enemy Viking about 100m away and then it took me about 1.5 seconds to find the next player and I only unleashed 0.5 seconds of my Overdrive onto the other player and had to finish them off using almost all of my energy. I don't see why anyone would use Vulcan with Viking when other turrets are way more efficient. Yes.
-
-
The developers would beg to differ.
-
Stadium looks like it should be 10 v 10 and not 8 v 8.
-
If he did do that, then he probably thought the sale already happened. But I think the likelier scenario here is that he was just saying that the alteration being 200k (when there are no discounts) is too high for the under-efficiency he is achieving.
-
Wasn't it always like that? I don't remember ever seeing a % sign on the turrets section whenever an alteration sale came. I knew to check the alterations box and I saw the discounts there. Maybe it's because we had all of the garage sales (except micro-upgrades) on one day so since we saw the % sign on turrets, we saw it as a sale on alterations as well and that may have caused confusion today.
-
There are some really observant players around and whenever they seem me coming, then run away. Whenever I see a Mammoth after two minutes since the battle started, I already know that they have their Overdrive so I should proceed with caution. Sure, they won't see you around the wall to know that you seem like your Overdrive is ready but they can also use those walls to get away from you. With a high top speed and better maneuverability around corners, they'd slip around them while you have a harder time getting around them yourself. I like Sandal for its small size but all of those obstacles prove to be a hindrance from time to time. It could be that I'm facing too many observant players. It's great to see them observant but the side effect of that is that I often can't catch them off-guard. It rocks in RGB mode though, especially in Sandal RGB. Unless you have Wasps, you can't stop that. Hunter can stop it but would you really want to try to get the ball when it's right under the Mammoth?
-
No, but the stock price is 200k and even at 100k (which is how much it costs today), I don't think it's worth it. Ricochet portection is to common to even consider using that alteration. Remember when the amount of energy restored after a kill was 25%? Imagine if they had kept it like that. No one would actively use that. If the enemies don't have protection against Ricochet, then it is good to use it, although watch out for the turrets that one-shot since using this alteration penalises you when your kill gets stolen. A range increase or some other buff in another parameter would be nice to reflect its high price. For being one of the most expensive alterations, it really isn't useful in many high-rank situations. 1) A renaming of the alteration is not impossible since they renamed a set of alterations when the latest batch of alterations came out in October. 2) Another pro for the alterations is a wise decision that should be made to increase its current effectiveness. I was thinking maybe increase the Ricochet's radius from 1 metre to 3 metres which should make it less likely to nearly miss a target. 3) I don't exactly see how combining those two alterations would make sense. One increases projectile speed while the other decreases it. For M4, Plasma Torch decreases the projectile speed to 33 metres per second. For Minus-Field Stabilisation, it increases it to 200 metres per second. Combining them would result in the projectile speed being faster than Stock Ricochet's projectile speed but then you went on to say that it should be weaker than that. So you're basically back to Stock Ricochet's projectile speed. For the reloading time, it would work out to have a faster shot reload but that would result in your energy being depleted faster. That can be a good thing for surprise ambushes.
-
Most?
-
Yes, I've been using speed boost with it. Whenever I;m close to getting my Overdrive, I look to see if my speed boost supply is about to run out or not because I know they stack. If my speed boost (manually activated) is almost done, then I wouldn't use it unless it is necessary. I would respawn and then use my Speed boost with it. But when players see me and drive backwards I'm only slightly faster than them. For reference, if they're 20 metres away from me and I chase them with my Overdrive + speed boost supply, I would only end up around 10 - 15 metres away (depending on the hull). And then they have the ability to drive off edges and land with ease while with my slow speed, it'll take a bit for me to recovers and accelerate to full speed again. I feel like I waste my Overdrive when that happens.
-
Remote Rocket Explosives is really testing my patience. For one, it's forcefully taming my trigger finger for the spacebar. When I'm in a tough situation and I need that missile as soon as possible and as fast as possible, I keep pressing spacebar so there is no large gap for the guy to kill me before I release the missile. But doing so with this alteration is a death sentence if you don't have Striker protection. I died because of that a total of 8 times in these battles. And it was equally annoying each time. So with that, I have to risk fractions of a second before pressing spacebar which would decide if I live or not. Next, it's really hard to time when to detonate the missiles if you have limited depth perception with the camera angle. And usually, the missiles are too high above them to achieve average splash damage so it mainly achieves weak splash damage (25% of the missile's damage). I'm really hoping with time, I'd get used to it but it seems so hard to control right now.
-
Three battles of 100% frustration with Remote Rocket Explosives. I was last place with less than 60 points for 6 minutes in that battle but I had a turnaround. I had a great start where I got 60 score and my teammate in 2nd got 15 but it all went downhill from there. And then we have the third one. I spawned and this Mortar Magnum + Viking starts driving up to me and shooting me for no apparent reason. He then chases me into this corner, traps me and then we both die to the Uranium Striker that dominated in that battle. Thoughts, from first experience on the real servers, I hate it (for now). Timing the missiles were hard but manageable but most of the time when I utilise the alterations pro, I get the weak splash damage from the missile which is 25% of total damage. After those experiences, I want to put it down. I had buyers remorse for every purchase I made during the celebrations (except a few protection modules) and this one seems to be the worst of them. I'll try it with Hunter and see if I fare any better with it. I can see why players would stay as Uranium and not venture on to RRE.
-
Yeah, I mean the Russian Forum already did that. I don't see why he has to do it with the current format unless he's strapped for time.
-
I think I need to clarify. You said that it gives 15 seconds of the speed boost supply. With this change that you're suggesting, will it disable the 25% speed increase the Mammoth gets when it activates its Overdrive or will it stay.
-
As with the alterations sale in a few hours, I expect to see 90% altered turrets. We'll have a new influx of alterations being bought. Prepare for insufferable battles today. I shall buy Remote Rockets Explosives and see how well I do with it. Perhaps a select few tankers will purchase the alterations never before seen in Matchmaking.
-
Yes, that happens and it happens to other turrets as well. One thing I like about Magnum (the turrets in general but I mainly use Magnum now) is that the impact force of the shell is still there but you wouldn't do damage. For some reason, it registers the hit with impact force but now with damage. Which is why I chuckle every time I fire a 100% velocity shot at the turret of a Wasp user and they flip when I didn't even do damage to them. It can also work the opposite way. I can do damage to them and they would receive no impact force. This happens because, to you, the shot hit them directly but to the target, the shot actually went over their head or right behind them. It's basically like that Rico who is perpendicular to you shooting you while you're driving forward. The projectiles would miss you but you would still see your health going down as if it were really touching you. I see this happen with Twins more often than Ricochet though since Twins has many more projectiles per second than Ricochet. Most likely with your scenario, the player lagged on top of you and while you saw it as you shooting them (even with the visible explosion), it would look to them as if you shot behind them. I never expect it to happen with Uranium Striker head-on but it sometimes surprises me when the missile impacts me but I don't die. It looks like that to me but on the Striker's screen, it didn't hit at all. The same thing for the opposite, the Striker would shoot at you and it would hit you on their screen but on your screen, it would look like it flew behind you yet you still received damage (or get one-shotted because Uranium is everywhere and light hulls aren't safe).
-
Any tank is capable of taking it. It's just that it's safer using a particular tank. :P
-
A Quadruple kill to seal the deal. It's too bad that I can't catch any golds on this account. At least I can kill them when they use speed boost instead of double armour when they spawn and kill them when they're piled up.
-
I'm just going to put this out there. Hunter's Overdrive has the ability to make my Magnum's shot deal no damage (or probably not register on the servers). Many times, I've launched a shot (with enough time for it to be rendered) and a Hunter zaps me and my shot deals no damage. Does this happen to anyone with Striker as well?
Jump to content










































































