Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    I see it frequently. And since Viking's Overdrive's damage boost is at least 2x, it counteracts the protection module on the enemies, just like Hornet (to an extent). Sure they're a different story: higher tier and upgraded turrets and hulls as well as protection modules. But like I said, the Overdrive counteracts the modules. And then it depends on the alteration the Railgun is using . Many of them use Large Calibre Rounds and one of those shots is enough to kill unprotected heavy hulls or take down groups (which usually consist of hulls other than heavy hulls) very quickly. EA"S" Railguns take more time because their damage is smaller than the others. A higher number of Vikings = more chances to prove that it's powerful or weak. And it mostly ends up on the powerful side. If there are so many then there would be multiple massacres or 2-3 insta-kills on enemies throughout the battle. And I didn't say that is was the best or anything, I had said there that their numbers are high and their Overdrives are effective at wiping out a defence so they are to be looked out for. I see a lot of them see through the end of their Overdrive. Whether they get kills or not. And I find it rather odd that Viking is an unstable hull yet many Vikings seem to be stiff as a board. Impact doesn't seem to affect them as much as it affects me. I can understand mastering the maneuverability but you can't control what type of impact force or how much of it is coming at you and many of them just shrug it off or get their aim back in less than a second.
  2. The lower ranks will suffer greatly because of this. They already have lower speed and acceleration to get away as well as lower health to actually tank the blast if they're on the outskirts of the radius. The bomb has a fixed number of damage and having a fixed number throughout all tiers is hard to balance. One of the longest? Wasp's Overdrive is tied with Hunter and Hornet for having the fastest Overdrive charging rate. And Wasp's Overdrive is a direct counter to Mammoth's AT-Field (Overdrive). Not to mention how fast a Hunter would have to react to disable the bomb. If the Hunter activates it just late enough, that Hunter (and possibly whatever number of teammates in the radius) would die and the Hunter's Overdrive charge would go down to about 60%. That would definitely cut back on the Hunter's ability to raid a base for maybe half a minute which is enough for the tables to turn in a MM battle. I like this.
  3. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Product Kits

    Why did you not think that Hammer was good anymore? I see Pitbull kits your rank and at Warrant Officer 4. In DMs, they seem to dominate but not as thoroughly as M2/3 Freezes. At times, they get a kill on almost every shot. They have a great Overdrive to remove their enemies' double armours for you to pounce on them. You can equip 3 alterations if you had it from Third Lieutenant. High Capacity Drum is great for it and Slugger is also great. I don't see many Hammer protection modules down there except from the players who bought the kit as well.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Funny you say that. In the first battle of trying to notice the % difference in getting a kill, someone popped their Viking's Overdrive and did this disaster. We got teamwiped with 7 of those kills going towards that person. And with that, they went with our flag and captured it. And here is something you also have to know: Those kills that you get with Viking adds % to your Overdrive meter. So if you teamwipe a team, then you should get back maybe 50% of your Overdrive or a bit less than that. I've seen Vikings get as many as 4 Overdrives in one game (those games are drawn out until the time is up), They usually get two though. Some turrets fare significantly better with Viking's Overdrive than others. Railgun being on the fortunate end of the spectrum and Vulcan being on the unfortunate end of the spectrum. The melee turrets don't do as great as the medium range turrets with Viking's Overdrive. The damage boost for them seems too little for the amount of work put into getting their Overdrive ready. Yeah, some Vikings unfortunately get killed 2 seconds into their Overdrive (I love it when I do that) and some only get to kill one or two enemies before everyone else hides but Vikings are a big threat and their numbers are astronomical. I'm seeing so many Vikings in Legend battles. I care because my Isida, which is bolted on a Hunter, has to dip in order to properly attach my beam to them while driving or stationary. It's a pain when they're faster than me and their low profile refuses to let my beam attach to them. In a battle earlier today, I counted 6 Vikings on the enemy team and 4 Vikings on mine.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Overdrives

    Update: Today, I have been receiving 10% charge for a kill and not 8%. Edit: That's weird, I did some battles on each of my accounts to confirm this and it seems like it's 8% again. I went back on the account I noticed the 2% increase and it still gives me 10% for a kill. Ranks of the accounts and the turrets used (just in case). 8% Vulcan 8% Shaft 10% Vulcan 8% Magnum
  6. TheCongoSpider

    Authority In Tanki Online

    How exactly did/do you view authority (Chat Moderators and/or Administrators to be specific) in Tanki Online? A week ago, I sought out to test hypothetical scenario. I went online and was changing my equipment when I saw that a few players needed their questions answered. I answered them and gave advice. One random player now decided to confront me about my "attitude" and told me to stop pretending like I was a moderator. Is it a case where I can't give advice to players unless I'm a moderator? I sent two screenshots of myself trying to figure out why a player didn't like MM to my friend and he told me, "You speak with such authority, like if it's your domain". I looked back at it and I did sound a bit like that. Alright then. Where I live, speaking Standard English to other citizens that are around my age comes across as awkward sometimes and it is not usually expected. Someone apparently thought that because I was speaking in Standard English to someone about the concerns they had, I was imitating a moderator. So it seems as if speaking standard English on the chat is imitating a moderator and should be bannable? The player Jewgitive was the person who the guy who accused me of imitating a modetator was arguing with and he told me this: The majority of players (according to Jewgitive) speak Broken English so a trait exclusive to moderators is speaking Standard English? I've seen other players get bashed for helping others with their concerns. Are we not to help each other? Years ago, I viewed Chat Moderators as either good cops and bad cops. The good cops would assist players by responding to their questions and concerns, giving advice to them and would band player if necessary. The bad cops would be the ones who were silent and the main moderators who seemed to be doing the banning. Now, I see them as players assisting others with their concerns and slaying the toxicity slowly but surely in the chats.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Petition for Fairer Gameplay

    You have to look at the statistics as well and not just the price of the paint you know. Viking M1 costs fewer crystals than Hunter M1. Why? Because of a difference in stats. M1 Hunter has more health than an M1 Viking + more weight + more acceleration. Hunter even has a bigger difference in stats from M0-M1 compared to Viking. It's not always only the paint that makes it more expensive.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Light theme for forum

    He said he wouldn't use it, not that he didn't want it.
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Vulcan!

    Decided to main Vulcan on my Master Sergeant account. I can see the fun in using it. While the barrel spin-up time may be deplorable, it is quite fun to watch it spin up and then start shooting. To get used to that, I just start to charge it up when I'm going around corners so if by the time I get there and I don't see anyone, I would stop charging so as to not shoot and reveal that I was there. I wanted the Harvester Kit but the only kit available is the Vampire Kit and there is nothing there that I want. I haven't given Vulcan love for years excluding the usage of it for the Incendiary Band alteration in the test Server. Vulcan was the first M2 I ever bought in this game. It was aight back then but I think now it's only viable with Incendiary Band. I'll just keep MUing upgrade Vulcan and then get Fire protection. I forgot to buy it before I ranked to Master Sergeant. It costs 30k for 15% protection when I could have bought it at 3.5k for 10% protection. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I do with it.
  10. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Well you can't just go off on what's on paper. You have to actually use it and see which is more practical. Just look at Incendiary Mix. on paper, it says 10% damage increase. But is it really that? No, it is a 50% damage increase. What it is on paper isn't what it is in practical use. That is a somewhat different situation to this but let's look at what we're talking about. MM battles are fast-paced. You'd see a lot more medium and light hulls than you would see heavy hulls. When you point a laser at someone, they're not gonna just stand there and let you lock on you know? They'll try to get away. If they're driving perpendicular to your tank, you'd have to move your turret and/or hull to keep the laser locked on. You would notice that your laser comes off of them and then goes back on very fast but all those centiseconds add up to if you're going to kill the person or not. Then there is the issue of terrain. Terrain is another factor here. Different terrains and elevation levels can cause your laser to not be able to lock onto the target. Too many times I've had the enemy get out of sight right after I finish locking onto them or they just die by a random Railgun or Thunder shot when I'm milliseconds away from the salvo release. YES, Cyclone is better in some situations. That's the point of alterations - to change your playstyle meaning it would change the way you behave in battles. Cyclone is really only viable in Juggernaut battles or Assault battles when you're on the Blue team. Another reason why I use Stock Striker or Uranium Striker over Cyclone is that it only takes 4 missiles to kill a medium hull of its respective tier. Why take longer to lock on and have a higher chance of them getting to cover before you lock on when you can do it faster and still have enough damage to take them down? It does say "Modification for those who love to hunt heavy tanks". It didn't say medium tanks. You also have to look at what other players use. If Cyclone was better than Uranium, why are people using Uranium in almost all game modes except Juggernaut (Cyclone is more common than Uranium there)?
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Missions!

    This is the kind of stuff that makes me wanna salt.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    In the example I used, the enemies aren't using double armour. They are just there while I shoot my Autocannon Smoky equipped with double damage. The 800 was just to show that it was a critical using similar 3 digit numbers and not the odd 4 digit number that would be 1,600.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Container Project to Learn Reward Probabilities

    Seems more like 80% to me.
  14. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Railgun!

    The thing is, It used to RELOAD in 4 seconds. I count it every time I'm reloading in the heat of a duel. It reloads in 4 seconds and for M4 Electromagnetic Accelerator "Scout", the Reload time is 2 seconds. with a 0.88 shot delay. I had said twice that the information for EA"S" on the alterations Wiki was wrong. Let us see in the next balance change if this was a change because I also saw my M4 Shaft dealing a little more than 3,000 damage and I saw that weird incident with Incendiary Band Vulcan weeks prior. All of them seem like balance changes they may make.
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    That was how it was for me. I remember hitting those numbers vividly in an Arena PRO battle. That was just to show that it was a critical.
  16. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki World Records

    Darn, alright.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    What am I doing wrong?

    And the many many protection modules against it.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Tanki World Records

    Is there a record for the longest time queuing for a Quick Battle?
  19. TheCongoSpider

    Episode 208 of the V-LOG is live!

    Yeah, I spent two whole minutes waiting for an opportunity to mess with someone using their Overdrive. In the last 20 seconds, I saw a Mammoth who just activated its Overdrive. I used my Overdrive and it didn't work on him and he ended up killing me. I even saw the electricity bolt jump to him because my Freeze was looking at a player on the right of me while the Mammoth was more on the left of me, it was in clear vision.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    April Fool's Celebrations 2019

    I'm not sure if it was you I was talking with but do you remember player v7.7? He hasn't touched his account since. 825 golds caught. ALL of them either being 1k or container golds and they just abandon the account. Very shameful. I saw a hacker in the low ranks today where the guy, from just standing on the drop zone, made his Dictator do 2 front flips a good bit off of the ground, took the immortality gold and landed back on his tracks. He stayed there for about 4 seconds then started to drive again.
  21. TheCongoSpider

    April Challenge — Thunder Prime Skin

    I asked them and they said they would have it up by yesterday night. It still isn't here. Maybe they had a setback or something.
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Containers!

    I remember buying the Krakatoa Kit on this account and it cost I think 3k or 3.4k. It's almost thrice that now. I remember the Buffalo Kit being cheap as well and it's almost 17k. The combo itself isn't going to be useful.
  23. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Autocannon Smoky with double damage and the enemy being unprotected. It would go like 202-201-200-198-202-800-201-203-201-201-198-800 etc. This was maybe a month ago or two ago but no changes to Autocannon were made so that shouldn't matter.
  24. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Equipment Combos!

    I disagree. Cyclone takes too long to lock on and enemies and because of the maps that we have in the pool, most times, enemies have ample time to move to cover or weird angles that your laser can't reach. This would be able to one-shot a medium hull that has double damage enabled; so can Uranium. The pro of this is that with Cyclone, your projectile speed is fast and your less than Uranium's. The only con I see of this is the projectile speed. With Uranium, since it travels slower, it'll take longer to get to the target. This would be good for timing when an enemy will drive by a certain point and shoot your missile. Because the speed is slower, it may or may not be easier to time it. I've grown accustomed to using Uranium so I know how to time it. Uranium has 50% more damage than that. That means you can also one-shot heavy hulls which Stock Striker with it can't. BEcause the projectile speed is slower, there is usually a lower chance of missing the target completely and not doing any damage at close range. If you try to apply that to Stock Striker, it may fall just short of the target. I like to use Salvos as well. I wouldn't be using 1 by 1 missiles all of the time since the Booster Drone isn't always active. It's good to lock on as fast as possible and let all of the missiles go. If they go behind a building, maybe the missiles would swerve there and his someone else.
  25. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Augments

    Sledgehammer has been OP since its first change when it came out. It only took long for players to catch onto its strength because Duplet was pooping on everyone for months. I like Autocannon for 1 v 1 encounters. I'd pick Cryo Rounds over it though. I'll just be here using Assault Emitters and focusing on sniping. When I use it in the test Server, I would consistently 195-203 damage with the modal numbers being 200 on the dot or 201. This was probably in the maximum damage range you usually get hit by them within the minimum damage range.
×
×
  • Create New...