-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I ran into a WO5 with a Firewall kit so long ago...
-
Some more Assault Emitters (Short-Band Emitters) games. Putting them in 3 spoilers so you won't have to look at all of them in one spoiler.
-
Not gonna lie, that looks pretty cool.
-
Yeah but then that would take away what was special about Isida. The devs took away the penetrating mechanic of Shaft because it was meant to be UnIqUe To RaIlGuN. You're giving a healing ability to Shaft which would take away what was unique to Isida. Then maybe Isida may do a random tick worth 3x its regular tick damage every 8 ticks and that would take away what was unique to Smoky and so on. You said no arcade shot but you didn't mention any removal of the sniper shot. This means that it could one-shot some tanks while also have the potential to heal. Assuming that you're taking this exactly from the Flame-Inducing Laser alteration idea, then the sniper shot is removed and would only have the healing beam. Even with this, this may cause some balance problems because now, an Incendiary Vulcan can have healing from a melee-ranged source and a long-ranged source as well. It may interact badly with some existing alterations and playstyle. Seems interesting but no.
-
You were using mouse controls, weren't you? I said this on page 6150.
-
Yeah, I don't see why you would run Light Capacitors unless the entire enemy team is light hulls. I guess what makes it balanced is how fast you're able to kill unprotected heavy hulls? If it gave a decreased reload speed after a scoped shot, then I may buy it but with its current stats, I'd rather use Short-Band Emitters.
-
I tried it with Viking4s' name and it didn't work. It always worked for anyone else but it didn't work for him. I wonder why.
-
It's ok if you don't know the ranks and unlocks ranks for each alteration. I was just saying that at your rank, recommended alterations are 'Death Herald' Compulsator and Hyperspace Rounds as they're tailored for high-rank gameplay. It's not good to use low-rank (low-cost) alterations at high ranks. You would see that you have a bad time with them. Round Destabilisation is special because of what it does. It potentially gives you way more damage or it can drastically decrease it. That is why many players use it in the high ranks. Players also see that they're dominating battles with it (Possibly due to a negatively skewed damage distribution).
-
Decreased recoil would be a pro, not a con. What does that part that says "Cannot target enemy's Grizzly" mean?
-
Well, it unlocks at the lowest rank available for alterations. It's tailored low-rank gameplay. It's not really useful at your rank since 4 missile salvos are what is heavily recommended. It's also for the players who would rather have easier 1 by 1 missile aiming. If you don't have that problem, then you don't need this alteration. This alteration is useful in a good bit of scenarios like the one wolverine said above. The only thing I don't like is the heavily decreased projectile speed. The speed needs to be increased for it to be a bit more worth it.
-
This was in the Test Server. I've been noticing it for a good while now.
-
Two more instances of 9 v 8 in MM.
-
Two things. 1). How does the shockwave from Juggernaut's Overdrive work? It seems as if the intensity of it varies from player to player and sometimes, the intensity is different with every shockwave. Other players would use it and tanks would be flying all over the place but when I use it, the most it does is halt their movement and they're back to driving in less than a second. Sometimes, the enemy would do it and it pushes me back a little bit. Other times, it would push me back and make me do one or two flips at the same time. Many times, when I'm in sniping mode, the Juggernaut would be passing by and use its Overdrive. I would only see white (the skybox because I always have it disabled). When I shoot my shot, I see that I'm either flipped completely or on my side. I would go more into detail but I'll stop here for now. 2). I was thinking earlier today and I realised that an M4 Firebird with the Incendiary Mix alteration could potentially kill an M4 Juggernaut with before it runs out of energy...
-
Autocannon shot faster.
-
Ha, the most number of players I've seen do that on my team in this situation is 2 players. Usually, they're M1.
-
This happens on the client as well. It happens to me every battle.
-
I tested Autocannon (on an M0 Smoky, just to be safe) vs M4 Shaft with the alteration.
-
Yeaaah, I wrote something but when I posted it, it only showed your quote. When I went to edit it, it showed nothing but your quote as well. I'm not writing that back again because it was long. I was basically agreeing with you and telling you about my experiences with the alt. The only game modes I have fun with the alt in is the Blue team in Assault and balanced Rugby battles that are on maps favourable to me.
-
Alright then , how does the Bell Curve for Shell Destabilisation before and after the nerf look? It seemed as if the distribution of damage was negatively skewed. Did the devs give you this information to share with the players or did they keep you in the dark as well?
-
Also, it seems like Autocannon, although having a 0.5 second reload, shoots faster than Shaft with the Rapid-Fire Mode with a delay of 0.5 seconds. I'm not sure if it's supposed to reload the same but Autocannon is definitely faster. Assuming that the real 0.5 seconds belongs to Shaft, I'd say Autocannon reloads in 0.35 or 0.4 seconds.
-
If it was to stop power levelling, then it is good. The thing I find stupid is that they segregated Isida's playerbase to either being a greedy Isida or being a caring Isida. I barely see any "offensive" Isidas healing anyone. Those of them who do heal you, it takes so long to heal you and you're eager to get back into the battle because your supply time is being burnt while you wait for almost full if not full life HP. With Support Nanobots, I can't defend myself. My battles these days are ending up with me having 0 kills and at least 6 deaths (assuming my teammates protect me). Sometimes, I have to be the damage dealer of my group when my damage is basically cut in half. It infuriates me that I have to protect myself when there is a teammate there who is fully capable of taking down the target with my healing help. I require a teammate but I often find myself alone having to face a random drugged-up Viking because my teammate(s) abandoned me.
-
The alteration unlocks at WO5 meaning it is suitable for gameplay around those ranks. Would you like the balance of having Hyperspace Rounds being unlocked at WO5 and Round Destabilisation being unlocked at Lieutenant General?
-
This is some top-level balancing. The end:
-
I had a feeling you would have told me that when I saw how I phrased the sentence. I know that it fixes the reload to 0.5 seconds on all modifications. I just made sure to use M0 Smoky so, if anything, it would show that the turret at the lowest modification shoots faster than any Shaft with Rapid-Fire Mode. (It's just a precaution and to further justify the "mistake" they may have made.)
-
Right, Right! I knew I was forgetting to talk about something else. The thing I forgot to talk about was that I'm not sure how the gauge actually works. I said how you needed two shots in order for your positive chance to be positive. What I think happens is that the critical shots are 'predetermined' before when you shoot. Predetermined may be a bad word to use here but this is what I mean: When M4 Smoky spawns, it has a -30% chance to get its critical hit. When you shoot once, there is now a -10% chance to get your critical hit. However, when you shoot the second time, it raises it to a positive number and because it raises it to a positive number, there is a chance to get the critical hit which would enable you to get it on the second shot if you're lucky. That's what it seems like to me. It's the only explanation for the phenomena I have for what I'm reporting to you guys given my limited knowledge on the in-game mechanics of Tanki which they still haven't updated since so long. The devs are keeping us in the dark about the many workings of turrets and alterations and it's sickening.
Jump to content










































































