Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

TheCongoSpider

Tanker
  • Posts

    8 133
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    95

Everything posted by TheCongoSpider

  1. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    If you were still playing, you'd quickly realise that there is still quite a number of droneless players at endgame. - _-
  2. I play on TO Mobile, so I can't see the chat.
  3. I think it's worth noting that yesterday, the EXP gained from Dictator's Overdrive was 20 (It was 60 for the longest time, as far as I've been aware). After the Ultra Weekend started, it's now back to 60. Why do they keep making these silent changes.
  4. TheCongoSpider

    Ultra Weekend August 27th - 30th

    Don't take what you see in the playstore seriously at this point. The fact that they stopped Mobile Patch Notes speaks for itself.
  5. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Augments!

    Seems too weak with a - 35% damage penalty. This is broken if the damage increase is on the sniping shot.
  6. It only received the 20% DPS nerf in June 2020 and then the Incendiary Band nerf earlier this year. Vulcan is hardly a problem anymore in 2021 what with all the other turrets getting buffed and Stun augments being created. Stun augments affect Vulcan and Railgun the hardest.
  7. TheCongoSpider

    Ultra Weekend August 27th - 30th

    So we have a Stun with huge RNG, a less RNG but very long Stun, a guaranteed Stun with a delay, and now here we have an on-command Stun. Beautiful.
  8. TheCongoSpider

    Let's Discuss Vulcan!

    Nothing is wrong with Vulcan. What exactly are you trying to say?
  9. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports

    By chance, is it possible for you to record a video of this?
  10. Then why increase the range at all? That would make Twins worse than it, wouldn't it?
  11. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports

    I don't quote understand what you're trying to say.
  12. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports

    This is intentional. Mammoth has both faster manual recharge rate and a passive recharge rate.
  13. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports

    Are you referring to this?
  14. This would be the best case scenario to be honest, though it would look janky a few augments. If it makes you feel any better, they recently did this with Thunder more or less. They unified the firing rates of each Thunder augment so that they will shoot the same number of shots. So basically with Viking 's Overdrive, the best to worst for damage output now is: Adrenaline Small Calibre Charging Machine Sledgehammer Rounds Subcalibre Rounds
  15. TheCongoSpider

    Tesla in the Garage and new augments

    I'm hoping this Friday brings ACTUAL balance to Tesla, and not another petty slap on the wrist nerf like what they did in the last one. There are so many things overbearing with Tesla, and @Akame put it succinctly; Tesla has no rules at the moment. Infinite firing with a very fast firing rate, very high base damage, 20% maximum critical chance instead of 10%, the ability to attack enemies through allies, for a while it had longer base range than the other melee turrets, a wider cone angle than Isida despite not needing to focus on the target for the hit detection to work, a portable Magnum-damage projectile you can chuck at enemies. It is simply too much utility in one turret. "Just use Tesla protection". Yeah, I've been using 40% since garage release and you know what insane value it gives me in a 1 v 1 if I don't have DA active? It lets me survive a whopping 0.9 seconds longer. If I'm using a light hull, instead of instantly oneshotting me, I'll survive for exactly 0.9 seconds. Whose bright idea was it to give a hitscan melee turret 1,000 damage with that firing rate? The reach of the ball lightning is far too long. It feels inescapable most of the time when I'm running away from it. The problem becomes worse when multiple balls are flung in the air. And then there is a 20% chance to ignore the protection modules and penetration. So the Tesla module is even less valuable. As soon as a Tesla gets Supercharge, it teamwipes, owing to the smart guy giving it 1,000 base damage. I like the design of the augments. Simple changes that have big playstyle differences. But they each come with their own problems. Dilatory Protocol is another braindead camper addition, which is also being abused in Siege. Adrenaline allows you to start oneshotting light hulls the moment a single Twins projectile scratches you. It's simply stupid that the moment you start to defend yourself, you instantly die quicker. Then we move on to another problem of Tesla. It has too much burst damage potential. This is exacerbated mainly with Acceleration Protocol and Electroturret, as well as Adrenaline. With Acceleration and Electroturret, just chuck the ball at the enemy and immediately you severely weakened them, if not killed them. How dastardly it is to see a Tesla shoot a ball from halfway across the map and kill you. It's a melee range turret by the way. Get scratched by a Twins and suddenly your ball lightning starts oneshotting light and heavy hills with Adrenaline. Minus-Field would be a waste of crystals for me personally, but I've seen a few genius applications of it. So spectacular that I don't mind it that I die to them. I'm just impressed at their ingenuity. __________________ Tesla is another addition to the roster and I have to accept that and adopt countermeasures for it like all the other turrets. But much as I hate having to fight Teslas, y'know what I really hate about Tesla in its current state? The GARBAGE drone balance in this game. Teslas with Booster/Defender/Crisis. If base Tesla was tolerable, the addition of these drones to it makes them insufferable. Overbearing base stats, then adding on near unkillable armour to it. Remember that 1,000 base damage rant earlier? That allows Tesla with Booster to oneshot heavy hulls or light hulls through DA. Or just simply kill anything in front of it. Tesla itself is busted, but it's not a humongous problem when you take away those drones from it. Booster and Defender in particular are too powerful, and have been too powerful for far too long. With each subsequent balance change after the critical hit update, they've only been becoming more potent. And what do they do? They kill the Driver and Assault drones, out of the blue. Then also kill Blaster, another up and coming drone that finally saw proper use after years. Now that you HAVE to upgrade a drone to get your supplies back, you have little reason to not go to Booster or Defender. If they gut these drones to be on equal footing with the other drones, so much imbalance would go away. Grouped players abusing overpowered equipment would become much more manageable. Here's to hoping they give it proper balance before releasing Tesla's status effect augments. I just can't wait to have my protection module manually disabled by an AP Tesla.
  16. Well now you understand the pain of players who don't use meta drones. You can see why I'm very upset about the Driver nerf, and by extension, the Assault nerf. The fact that those two drones and Blaster were nuked while Booster and Defender remain the same speaks volumes.
  17. TheCongoSpider

    New Gauss Alteration: EMP Rounds

    I'm pretty certain it was the implementation of EMP Gauss that did that, and not gold boxes.
  18. TheCongoSpider

    Bugs and Glitches Reports

    After 7 months of using Ares, I can say with some certainty that the location at which the visual ball spawns depends on what prop the ball will eventually crash into. For example, if it will crash into the ground, it will spawn in one location and move in a specific direction. If it will crash into a barricade prop, it will spawn in another location and in its own direction.
  19. Railgun critical damage is 1,600. Light hull HP is 2,000.
  20. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    YES, you do. As I've mentioned in a post before, you have missed out on a lot of balance changes which affected Overdrives and Stock turrets, which also affect their augments. Now it is even more crucial than ever to be playing to have a proper judgement of the equipment. That's quite a number of changes you haven't experienced. I implore you to start playing again, even if infrequently. Maybe you'll see where the complaints are stemming from.
  21. What do you guys think about Smoky in its current state, now that Autocannon has been nerfed and we're 5 months into the balance changes after the critical hit update?
  22. TheCongoSpider

    Ideas for Hulls and Overdrives!

    Start playing again to find out that answer yourself. ?
×
×
  • Create New...