Jump to content
EN
Play

Forum

dfoofnik

Tanker
  • Posts

    852
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dfoofnik

  1. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    You know, if there weren't any parity limitations at all, we would have M3+ Mammoths with one-shot Thunder flying around like wasps. Something to think about.
  2. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    A "new M4 level" would only result in a greater disparity of weapons between paying users (er..wait, that's me) and free users because (given a relatively modest learning curve) you *CAN* buy your way to Generalissimo and the baddest tanks in the battle.
  3. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    Don't mince words...tell us how you *really* feel. ;) That would be my reaction if I had them face-to-face in a room. I've already pestered every thread in the forum about fixing Shaft...to no avail.
  4. dfoofnik

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    yeah, except that you can get bounced up into it, often by others on purpose. Stupid fix but we all knew the problem.
  5. dfoofnik

    Killing teammates to improve reward share

    Here, the player Andreas375 has flipped, thrown teammate off map to increase his own share of the battle funds. (Red team has left) He is utilizing the technique the game uses to cause teammates to self-destruct, and it worked! Video: delete
  6. dfoofnik

    Legends Hall

    Just made it this week after 5 months.
  7. dfoofnik

    Bugs and Glitches Reports [Closed]

    What is the new "SELF DESTRUCT WHEN ON TOP OF ANOTHER TANK" ...? When was this unwise "fix" installed? -- I had to report a player for "burrowing" teammates to kill them and reduce their share of the battle fund when the other team leaves. Other players are inadvertently going over teammates and blowing up!
  8. dfoofnik

    Why do we self destruct all the time?

    Worse, unscrupulous teammates can use railgun to lift your tank and go under you, in order to reduce your share of the reward when another team has left completely. I filed a Game Violation against one today.
  9. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    You mean until it points toward the sky? I still have the same problems: spinning and pointing up uncommanded. You would think that since the devs "broke" it they would spend a little more time trying to fix it. It always seems to happen when you really NEED to make a shot after respawning...and can't because of the stupid change. Could we try removing Mouse Controls just from shaft since practically no one is using them??
  10. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    Yeah, but they *added* an M3 micro-upgrade down to around 1.25 seconds (too expensive for its value, IMHO).
  11. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    Next big step: allowing multiple micro-upgrades on the same equipment at the same time. Hey, if we have the crystals why should it take days to bring every parameter up for a turret??? Is this your last incentive to do speedups??
  12. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    OMG, what do you want, an autocannon?? :o Smoky firing once every 1.5 sec is bad enough. Any faster and it is OP.
  13. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    The "speedups" in upgrades were a very severe cost compared to the upgrade itself. I think the devs saw that few people were using them compared to when they were 80% off. Yes, most folks probably have 1, 2, or 3 hulls upgraded to M3/M3+ -- those proven useful -- not 6 or 7.
  14. dfoofnik

    Improved micro-upgrades are in the game

    Best idea of the year! It was always a hassle switching turrets when those L-O-N-G timeouts were running. I guess it was recognized that the delays in upgrades were being allowed to run, except for the super-cheap speedups of May Days. I predict there will now be a SUBSTANTIAL increase in the number and rate of micro-upgrade purchases. I have set about upgrading my favorite paints, although the best ones are still way too pricey for the protection afforded at their base levels. Buying a paint for 200K and spending another 300K to improve it? That is not a bargain! especially since you normally face a wider selection of enemies than the ones that a paint protects against (usually 3 or 4). I only change paints once a battle, at most.
  15. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Even weirder when you are good at it, and you find you only got killed 3 times while everybody else is in double digits.
  16. dfoofnik

    Complaint Book

    RE: Zero Players taking up space I videoed a player today on Madness CTF (server RU4) : he is a two-star whose username starts with Alexsandr. At first, I thought he was surely a shill, since he took the flag and just waited to be killed, preventing me from running up the score (my team lost by ONE!). But apparently he was just completely clueless, since on the next battle he also had no kills, going 0-13 on the first battle and 0-29 on the second. Fortunately he did not come back for a 3rd battle. It is possible that this was some school-child who was using a parent's account, but in any event it did not help the teams that he was "playing" on (i.e. taking up space on).
  17. dfoofnik

    Complaint Book

    Well, another raid just occurred, actually a partial raid because Blue had run up the score to 9-0 on Silence, and then a number of powerful players joined who eventually (just 3 minutes before the end) managed to tie the score at 12-12 and go on to win for Red. Now I don't know if the TWO blue players who HELD the flag for more than 2 minutes each were A ) hoping to avoid a raid by keeping the score low B ) in collusion with the raiders to keep the score manageably low These are Russians, mostly, so you never know. NEITHER of them stayed in the battle once the raid started, so I am really suspicious. I videoed them both and if I see them doing this again, I will report them as game violators. Had we run the score to, say, 20 to 0, it might have proven impossible for the raiders to catch up in the 20 minutes left. But you never know. I always capture as many as I can and I am aggravated when some players just "sit on the flag" instead.
  18. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    Today, on Skyscrapers, our Isida held up two of us trying to go up a ramp, while all three of us were being shot. I should have pushed him off the building! Instead, I jumped down and climbed back up.
  19. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Isida!

    No shinola! That damn red rope is 40 meters long sometimes! I posted a video right after the update that showed the Green Beam going ALL THE WAY FROM ONE SIDE OF RIO TO THE OTHER! https://youtu.be/cXcXvy6Czcw (Just at the very start: I was chasing a troll across several battles.) Range is NOT an upgradable feature. It needs to be less than any projectiles!
  20. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Supplies!

    There were several glitches for the first few hours. Then it bacame more of a "who will use the drugs the most effectively?" 9 times out of 10, it was people who use them already and understand the cooldowns.
  21. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Supplies!

    Yes, I can be a quitter. Usually when I have only that handful of crystals, and little chance of getting more, or when the other team members are ignoring sound tactics, or there is a troll that will aggravate me incessantly. Sometimes I will just switch teams if I see that the team is not seriously trying to "win" but just to pad their scores. Sometimes I end up switching back.
  22. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    If you mean some schmuck climbing on me when I'm aiming, yeah. I have a whole list of those guys I'd like to bury in a tank trap somewhere.
  23. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Shaft!

    Umm...a little *close*, are they?
  24. dfoofnik

    Let's Discuss Hammer!

    If you feel strongly, you could get an ex-or-cist. I am frankly amazed that Hammer DD can kill so many, and that Hammer fully upgraded can be a b*tch to kill.
×
×
  • Create New...