-
Posts
8 133 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
95
Everything posted by TheCongoSpider
-
I know that it has been going on for a while. I was just saying that I've been seeing it more frequently recently when others and myself included activate the Overdrives. Maybe we're just lucky to be getting it frequently or maybe they changed it to be more frequent.
-
It is just a visual effect. I've been noticing it happening more frequently though. I would see only one Wasp time bomb explosion every 6 or so battles games but now I've been seeing it every 2-3 battles.
-
The U.S and U.K use periods to separate decimal places from whole digits but many other countries use commas instead. Telling them they should use commas is like telling a Spanish speaking native to Spanish country you're visiting to speak fluent English in their own country because you are accustomed to hearing English.
-
Well...yeah. Shop paints cost money, therefore, it was more valuable than the garage paints that needed to be bought with crystals. I mean, all the garage paints are in the rare category in containers.
-
Took this maybe a few weeks ago. That's the highest Gear Score I've seen on a WO5. I also encountered this yesterday. The Siberian Kit was a mistake since it came out.
-
One thing I've also noticed is that I made more than 10 accounts in the Test Server and none of them got the "Top 3 on the winning team x15" weekly mission. My luck has extended to the Test Server as well.
-
You should try out the drone now. Like I had told @wolverine848 somewhere on the forum, I would use on average 20 batteries using this drone. He kept saying that it uses 1 battery per minute but I kept telling him that wasn't the case. I had tried it out recently and it uses the 6-7 batteries (assuming the match didn't end early) every battle. Even back then, I never had that bug, it would just deduct one per use. The number of players I gave the supply to didn't matter. Is this still happening to you? It can be good but at no upgrades, it's only for 3 seconds. If you have sufficient protection against 3 of the strongest turrets defending the capture point or the way to it, it can be very useful. I was considering buying it but it doesn't seem to fit me since it's only 5 seconds with the maximum upgrades and it wouldn't really increase my survivability for too long since I use a slow Titan. For Wasp though, it can have great potential in capture the objective battles besides CP. It could also be useful for surviving Juggernaut's missile onslaught.
-
I have been using this alteration frequently on the Test Server. I love circling people and making them feel frustrated that they could barely fight back. I also use it to troll the Juggernaut by making it easier for Strikers to lock-on to the current Juggernaut. Some of the strikers would say "thanks" but most stay silent. The one thing I thought about with Shock Freeze is that if you're defending in a team battle, you're potentially sacrificing a lot of points for your team's victory. That's the ultimate price for a broken alteration (only in No-supply PRO battles). I suggest sticking to Wasp. That's one thing I didn't like about Hull-specific Overdrives. It makes players want to buy a certain hull for a cool Overdrive rather than what fits their playstyle. If you truly have enough crystals to afford it among other stuff during the next sale, then you can go ahead. I have to warn you though, Hornet is very drifty and I've noticed it has been a great bit unstable.
-
The weaker one is obviously the one that says it reloads 2 shots. Why? If you kill an enemy with your last shot of the clip and it instantly refills, it means it gave you 3 shots. If it only gave you 2 shots, then that means it's the weaker one. Edit: I tested it out earlier today and apparently, you don't get the two shots loaded into your Hammer if the enemy died via your mine supply.
-
It's worth it. Especially when the enemy jams up directly to the side of your tank. With regular Isida (well, for me at least) you would only get 1 tick of damage after firing at them for 3 seconds. With the Broadband Emitters alteration, I get a tick every 0.5 seconds in the same situation. It's great for attacking because you can defend yourself against a Freeze more efficiently as your cone angle is increased making you able to kill the Freeze right before it completely circles you if you're lucky. The range decrease is noticeable though. It shouldn't affect you too much though.
-
You and Diesel had already posted while I was still typing a reply so I did not see it. This isn't enough to say that it's an energy tank. There's no purpose of saying that it's an energy tank. That bar is Magnum reloading a shell. How about we compromise and say that the bar filling back up after a shot is the Magnum reloading and when you're about to shoot it, it uses a slingshot mechanic that propels the shell further the more you charge it?
-
I checked his profile and he didn't have Premium on his account so I'll say he didn't have it. Maybe he had it at the beginning but only he knows.
-
I don't have it but I'm pretty sure you can't equip both. You can only equip Eagle with 2 other single turret protection modules or you can use only the Spectrum-B module.
-
I'm tired of having to be the main damage dealer of my team for defending the flag when my damage is cut in half. I'm finding myself in this situation too damn much. I found myself being the only player damaging the enemies trying to steal our flag in this battle. This was closer to the end but earlier in the battle, I had to fend off more than 3 attacks by myself with only 1 of them being successful and other two ending with me dying or them getting away like the picture below. This one is me having to deal with 3 enemies because my team is nowhere to be found. I feel severely handicapped every time I have to fight an enemy as if I have one of my hands tied behind my back while fist-fighting The Big Show.
-
7-2 125 Double Armours (Challenge Container) 125 Mines 100 Of All Supplies 125 Double Armours (Challenge Container) 8-2 125 Double Armours 125 Repair Kits All I've been getting are Commons and Uncommons these weeks. Haven't had a Rare in a while and an Epic, even longer.
-
I've done this a few times but it usually helps my team because half the enemy team are distracted trying to kill us. The devs should have seen this coming. No, scratch that. The devs knew this would have happened because they "test" the changes before they implement it. Just like they "tested" Duplet and thought, "Эй, это совсем не нарушит баланс." Because they knew that this was gonna happen, I wouldn't consider it power levelling. I wouldn't necessarily consider it an exploit as well because Isidas before the update could have been doing this. There would have been less incentive back then, but it was still an option to do. Also, I've never really seen them kiss, they would always respect each other's personal space and stay about 8-15 meters apart.
-
Did some calculations, you're partly right. The only thing wrong is that if it were to be a 33% increase, it would take 2.25 seconds and not 2.66. While it may, to you, "store energy", it doesn't use it as ammo itself, right? It makes sense that it could be used to propel the projectile but you have to remember, it's just like Smoky, Thunder and Striker in the sense that they have to load the new shells or explosive rockets in Striker's case. I'm pretty sure that that bar is just used to show the progress of the new shell being loaded into the turret. If it were to store energy, then it would have a non-upgradable parameter stating what number the "amount of energy" they have for full ammo bar is and the energy consumption which, lo and behold, Magnum does not. It would be wrong to say that Magnum has "energy" stored.
-
Just...wow. I had taken this screenshot to show how badly MM balances the ranks in teams especially in Legend battles with a small number of players between Marshal and Generalissimo. Only when I was looking through some of my screenshots for a particular one concerning Isida, I saw this: This is the first time I've played in a 9 v 8 MM battle. Even if it was 9 v 8, MM couldn't even balance the teams by putting IBossIPetronikla and VirtusF12 on the other team (assuming they were not in a group together). I have other screenshots of mismatching done by the system (ranks, not number of players in a team).
-
I know it's not insignificant. It is just laughable for me to be doing 94 healing per tick when I was so accustomed to doing 179 healing per tick. In all honesty, I like that it does this, just the thought of it. I don't like what it does to me in battle but I like to think about it in theory. They said they wanted to make Isida more attack focused so they decreased the energy consumption for attacking and healing but almost halved the healing per second. I see it now as attacking is the primary feature, and if you can't reach the target without dying or taking considerable damage, you fall back and heal a player. That's nice to think about. Just like with the Shaft change. They made its arcade shot capabilities strong at close range but laughable at any range longer than Thunder's maximum damage range. This lead me to think that the new primary weapon mode was the arcade shot and the scoped shot was the secondary weapon mode. After looking at the in-game description, it is exactly that. Since my early days of Tanki, I thought (maybe it was like that before but I don't know at this point) that the scoped shot was the primary and the arcade was the secondary. I guess that isn't the case. What I like to think about is a Shaft being a short-ranged turret with long-range capabilities. Keep hitting them at close range and if an enemy is too far away to deal considerable damage, you enter sniper mode. I used to love shooting the enemies from all the way across the map and doing within the damage range after they were able to survive with a slither of health from my scoped shot. I miss those days. I guess this change is what they wanted. If this will not be changed anytime soon All we have to do is adapt. I'm starting to adapt but it's hard when I'm constantly reminded that I will die defending myself because my damage is halved. I didn't believe that it was overpowered. I believed that it was necessary. Isida was thought to be the ultimate support turret in the game for the simple fact that it can heal its allies. It made a lot of sense that it had the highest DPS among the melee-ranged turrets. It didn't have any special abilities in its damage. Firebird has afterburn that kicks in while you're being directly damaged. Freeze has the ability to circle you and freeze you almost still. Isida just has raw damage AND a 40% narrower cone angle which makes it for the beam to lose focus on an enemy, especially when the enemy is jamming into you directly by your side. A lot of my teammates usually leave me to die and I have to defend myself with 50% damage. Hammer doesn't necessarily need any changes right now. Firebird needs to be dealt with as soon as possible though.
-
How exactly is it inaccurate? As seen in the below screenshot, Magnum's "Amplification Time" is 3 seconds to fill 20 steps of charge. Decreasing the amplification time means allowing Magnum to fill the 20 steps of charge faster. In this case, decreasing it by 33% means that it fills the 20 steps 33% faster which would result in it being charged in 2 seconds (approximately). Saying "Charge Rate: +33%" makes sense and is easier to understand. The only problem I have with this change is the inconsistency with the other alterations' effect descriptions. All of them, except for a few, decrease or increase a parameter that is shown in the Wiki for that turret. It doesn't matter if it's an upgradable or a non-upgradable parameter. It currently shows "Amplification Time: -33%". Amplification Time can be found on the Wiki for Magnum but "Charge Rate" cannot be found on the Wiki because "Amplification" is essentially "Charge Time". As for this, this wouldn't make sense. Magnum doesn't store energy like Firebird, Freeze, Isida, Shaft etc. They fire shell projectiles just like Smoky and Thunder. It's better to call it an ammo bar than an energy bar.
-
First off, god damn. Secondly, it doesn't forcefully close the game. I have only had one experience where the game suddenly freezes while I'm playing then it shows the highly contrasted screen with the "Not Responding" at the top then it asks me to close it. Other than that, this usually happens when I minimise the client and leave it there for maybe a minute and a half or more. It used to happen maybe at least 15 seconds after I minimise it but the "grace period" I get has been increased to almost two minutes recently. I'm not sure what you're trying to tell us. I don't see how the client would freeze and then minimise itself without your interference. All I do when I have to close the game is get back into it immediately and I won't lose my position in battle. The only thing you lose is your Overdrive progress. That gets reset to 0% when you reopen the client. I do not have this problem. The only thing I would suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the game client but I'm not sure what good that will do other than less enjoyable for the first couple of times you play after installing it once again.
-
What positive things do you want to see in Tanki Online?
TheCongoSpider replied to KariWolves2 in Archive
I believe that it should a battery should be deducted for every use + 1 per minute. It gives it its value in its high cost and ability to give you a considerable advantage in battles. I have more than 600 batteries and I can comfortably use them in battles to give my team an advantage. When my Incendiary Vulcan teammate's double armour runs out and he's under heavy fire, I give him another double armour immediately which increases his survivability thus decreasing the survivability of the enemy team. It also seems logical that it deducts a battery for every use as it powers up the drone then instantly drains the battery when the drone is used for its effect on the tank. And if the drone was not used for a minute, the battery slowly drains until after a minute, the battery is fully drained and replaced immediately by another one. It could work similar to Shaft's mechanic that depletes its energy bar no matter where between the minimum sniper damage and maximum sniper damage it shoots. -
I hate having to ALWAYS fight for first against Freezes in the Lieutenants and WO ranks. Even at M1, they dominate. The damage is simply too high.
-
I'm starting to get upset now. I haven't gotten an Epic in months, far less a legendary.
-
It was VERY OP before the damage nerf. With the damage nerf came the reduction in the heating rate when firing at an enemy while overheating. Before the nerf in general, you could have ignited an enemy to maximum temperature in approximately 1.25 seconds when overheating with that alteration. If you were touched for 1 second and you didn't have Fire protection, you were dead. Now, it takes 5 seconds to reach maximum temperature + a damage nerf.
Jump to content



























































